*Note: Full 1/4" Welting Cording Piping Foot Set is Optional under Recommended Accessories Below.
- BARRACUDA™ 2000U-33- The Barracuda zigzag walking foot upholstery machine is a remarkably versatile machine. Designed for boat owners, serious hobbyists, and small businesses, the Barracuda does so much, for so little.
- Flexibility and performance.
The stitch quality is comparable to an industrial machine, for a fraction of the price... plus the added bonus of a zig-zag stitch, now that’s value!
- Built for the tough jobs.
The Barracuda has a top and bottom feeding system that is ideal for heavy, bulky material. It produces a perfect, even stitch even when you are sewing over challenging fabric.
- Power to spare.
WIth the extra power from its built-in speed reducer, the Barracuda has no trouble going over 6, 8 even 10 plies of fabric at a time. It is quite incredible to see how easy this machine performs the most difficult tasks.
- Features to help you get the job done faster.
All of the convenience features are standard to make your job easier; reverse lever, oscillating shuttle hook, piping feet (1/8” > 3/16”) and of course our trusted reputation for building quality, long lasting equipment.
- Use Organ Size 22 Needles system 135x17, and #69 bonded nylon/polyester thread for sewing on exterior weight upholstery fabric
- Both zigzag and straight stitch can be operated in reverse with the lever on the right
- All of the convenience features are standard to make your job easier: reverse lever, oscillating shuttle hook, and of course, Reliable™'s trusted reputation for building quality, long lasting equipment.
- 150 Watt, 1.5 Amp, 110 Volt, 60 Cycle Motor, 8000RPM
- Plastic cover for undercarriage to prevent scratching table or dripping oil on table.
Cuda Crank Handwheel Kit Features
The Cuda Crank is a very handy addition to the Barracuda sewing machine. Install this solid steel hand-wheel with easy to follow diagrams and instructions. Comes complete with all of the necessary hardware to ensure proper assembly. Fluid turning motion makes quick work of all heavy fabric sewing tasks.
NO ELECTRICITY, NO WORRIES
The Cuda Crank is handy for times when there is a weak or temperamental power source or an electrical cord isn’t long enough to reach a sail or upholstery area in need of repair. This big wheel add-on to the already portable Barracuda sewing machine makes the Cuda Crank the ideal ‘first mate.’
Information Sheet (.PDF)
Instruction Manual (.PDF)
Product Comparisons (.PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions (.PDF)
Reliable Warranty Information (.PDF)
Click HERE for all Reliable Videos on 2000u-33 Barracuda Portable Walking Foot Sewing Machine
Read about an On The Water Review of portable Reliable Barracuda Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Manufacturer's US warranty 1 year parts, 90 days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: To view the warranty for this combo, please view specific warranty information on the individual product pages.
- High lift walking foot with 1/4" clearance underneath the foot
- Sews Up To 1/4" Compressed Fabric
- 4 stitches per inch maximum stitch length
- Up To 800 Stitches Per Minute
- Toothed Belts And Pulleys
- Cleated positraction belts combine with new geared hand wheel pulley, geared reduction pulley and geared motor pulley to eliminate slipping
- Special heavy duty motor attached up to 150 watts, 1.5 amps, twice as much as home sewing machines
- Top And Bottom Feed
- Spring loaded reverse
- Uses 16 class welt foot
- Fabric Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment
- All-Metal Construction
- Made In Taiwan
- Portable Walking Foot Sewing Machine
- Foot Control Included
- Fits regular portable case or cabinets
- In straight stitch mode, a needle positioning lever allows for movement of the needle left, right, and center
- Uses standard upholstery needles: 135x17, size 22, 20, 18, etc.
- The extension table measures 16 x 12.5 x 6 and has two folding legs for your convenience
- Maximum sewing speed: 6600rpm
- Stitch length: 0-6 mm
- Stitch width: 5 mm
- Presser foot lift: By hand 8 mm
- Needle size: 135 x 17
- Work space: 6.5”
- Bed size: 14.5" (370 mm)
- Hook type: Oscillating shuttle
- Lubrication: Manual
- Warranty: RELIABLE™ 1 Year Warranty
- 1/8 to 3/16" Welt Foot Set
- Extra Bobbins
- Foot Control
- Extension Table
- Carrying Handle
- Thread Stand
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
1: The balance that comes on the machine is friction locked to the main shaft when the clutch screw is tightened against the 3 prong washer. (The Cuda Crank is tightened to the main shaft with 2 set screws.)
2: Loosening the clutch screw the balance wheel will idle spin on the main shaft to allow for bobbin wind and the same time disengage all other moving parts on the machine. (Because the Cuda crank is tightened to the main shaft with 2 set screws it cannot be disengaged other than loosening the 2 set screws - therefore bobbin wind will have to executed as the machine is being used.)
Angelique, the zigzag length and width on your fabric seems to be equal at 5mm wide and 5mm long which is what they should be at the maximum stitch width and length settings.. The 0-4 numbers on the horizontal stitch width sliding lever knob do not and should not match the actual 5mm width and length shown on the fabric. So the sliding lever is only an indicator, not an actual measurement in millimeters on the fabric. The factory limits the lever movement to prevent the needle from hitting the plate on the left, or hitting the plate on the right hand side of the hole. (lever "won't go all the way to the edge of opening.")
The vertical reverse stitch lever is also an indicator, not an actual measurement of millimeters in stitch length on the fabric. The cylinder nut setting on the reverse lever is to set the stitch length limit for forward and backward stitching. It is not necessary to have the reverse stitch exactly match the forward stitch when back tacking at the end of seams. Forward stitching is done with the stitch length lever pushed down. Reverse stitching is with the stitch length lever pushed up. The more you push down, the longer the forward stitch length becomes. The more you push up, the longer the reverse stitch becomes. Zero stitch length is near the center of the slot for the vertical stitch length lever, where it stitches in place without moving (tacking).
The LCR setting is for starting needle position, either all the way to the left, or center needle position, or all the way right on straight stitch setting (zero stitch width). You can even start a zigzag from the far left needle position or from the far right needle position using the LCR lever, instead of from the center where it is normally set for zigzag stitching.
If you want more more top thread showing on the underside of the fabric, turn the top tension dial left or "lefty loosey" until the bobbin thread stops showing through on top (must have bobbin case and top threaded properly). If you want less top thread showing on the underside of the fabric, turn the top tension dial to the right or "righty tighty" to increase top thread tension so it will pull harder on the bobbin thread.
If you adjust top tension dial too much to the left you will get loose stitches. If you turn the top tension dial too far to the right, it will pull bobbin thread up so it is showing on top. Bobbin thread should show on on the underside, but it is OK if a little top thread shows through on the underside of the fabric.
Whenever you are doing just a straight stitch with the regular foot, the stitch width lever should be on zero. The stitch length lever can set any length up to 5mm on the fabric. Whenever you want to do a zigzag stitch as shown in your pictures, you only have to adjust the stitch width lever for narrow or wide stitching. You can lever the LCR lever in the center.
See You Tube videos on operation of similar brand walking foot portable sewing machines at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=walking+foot+portable&oq=walking+foot+portable&gs_l=youtube.3...2312.5888.0.622.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.983.17j1.18.0...0.0...1ac.sfksAM6AgzE
Hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any questions. John Douthat, Owner & Tech.
This is the second Reliable 2000 that I have ordered from Allbrands. Both machines have worked great for my projects. The first machine I did not have the hand crank wheel, and the sewing speed took a little time to get used to. It was too fast and difficult to control. With my second machine, I ordered the hand crank wheel. I would recommend purchasing the hand wheel, it is well worth the extra cost. The wheel really slows the machine down, allowing slow stitch by stitch sewing, and more power.
Tom, New York
Love the Barracuda 2000 a little monster ,e-mailed you and annette about a week ago about a question reguarding my new toy and was pleasently suprised to get a quick responce to my question ,My only peave would be not adding that the accessary I also purchased caused a key feature on the machine not to work ,not sure if thats your area of concern or "reliable's " clutch desingagemment to load bobbin with thread ,not a big problem for me but feel it should be mentioned ,anybody familar with machines can over come this minor problem .thanks for all your help LOVE the whole process with dealing with you and your business.
Tom, New York
Just recieved my order. Exellent service. Quick delivery. Recieved my needles yesterday. Have not tried the new machine yet, but impressed with the quick service will try machine over weekend. Thank you again for the prompt delivery and easy and accurate tracking info.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Arrow 2000 Alexander Henry Fabric Sewing Chair for Cabinets -Oak Wood (+$199.99, You Save $21.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget 2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$149.99, You Save $30.00)