*Free $10 Essential Jiffy 0898 Liquid Cleaner Solution. Remove Scale & Hard Water Deposits from Steam Boiler Tank, 10oz Bottle FREE with some Uprights. Ship Ground in USA Only
Includes 9” bent aluminum pipe head attachment for hard to reach areas , “B” brush steam cleaning head, 6” wide metal steam head, and a 12” wide carpet unrolling steam head.
- The 7.5' Drapery Hose is not for garments which uses 5.5' Hoses. The longer drapery hose is not as efficient in steam production required for taking wrinkles out of garments.
- The heavy duty Model J-4000”I” Commercial steamer is equipped with 1500 watts of steaming power.
- The J-4000”I” is equipped with a 7.5 foot flexible hose attachment and 4 interchangeable steam heads consisting of a 9” bent aluminum pipe head attachment, “B” brush steam cleaning head, 6” wide metal steam head and a 12” wide carpet steam head.
- This model has a 1 gallon self-contained water tank with preheat and steam settings.
- It contains a sight gauge on the side of the steamer to view water level and sediment build-up at a glance.
- The J-4000”I” heats up within 15 minutes to preheat temperature and produces steam within 2 minutes once at the preheat temperature.
- On/Off Switch
- The J-4000 series has a water level sight gauge that shows the water level.
Find more about Jiffy Repair Services
- US Warranty 3 Year Warranty
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Item Number: 1401A
Model: J-4000"I" with 4 Interchangeable Steam Heads and 7.5 Foot Hose Attachment
Carton Dimensions: 20 in x 12 in x 13 ½ in
Assembled Dimensions: 20 in x 11 in x 75 in
Carton Weight: 28 pounds
Steam Time per Filling: 1 hour 45 minutes
Electrical Certifications: UL, CSA, TUV/GS, CE, NOM and ANCE Listed
Please refer to the "How to Steam Guide" (.pdf) for further information on how to use your steamer.
Jiffy World Power Supply Voltage Configurations (click to enlarge)
- 6 Inch Metal Steam Head
- 9 Inch Curved Aluminum Steam Head
- 12 Inch Metal Steam Head
- Brush Steam Cleaning Steam Head
1. Made in the USA.
2. Our products are the originals.
3. We invented the product and process.
4. We are the industry leader.
5. Oldest (since 1940) and largest (currently 1,000 dealers serving over 45 countries) garment steamer manufacturer in the world.
6. 3-Year Warranty on all Jiffy Steamer products. This is the best in the industry and represents our confidence in the products we manufacture.
7. 24 / 7 / 365 ordering capabilities through www.allbrands.com
8. Next day delivery option available (even on Saturday in some zip codes).
9. A warm, friendly, knowledgeable and LIVE voice every time you call during business hours. As a matter of fact, the customer service representative that you speak with has completed a 2 week training course and knows how to build and repair Jiffy Steamers…they can help you.
10. Should your unit require repair, we have a 24 hour repair turn-around time…your steamer will be repaired and back on a UPS truck within 24 hours after your approval of the repair quote.
11. All our steamers are fully customizable with a host of options for steam head / hose attachments, cord plugs and voltage.
12. Each Jiffy Steamer is handcrafted in our Union City, Tennessee factory. We never compromise on quality, materials or workmanship. Take a look “under the hood” of our products. You will find stainless steel, brass, copper, incoloy and silicone braided color-coded wiring. This quality is simply not found in competitor’s products.
13. We have an ultra-low products return percentage. Every unit is 100% tested and steamed before it leaves our assembly line.
14. Our staff is experienced…more than any other garment steamer manufacturer in the world with over 603 years (and counting) of manufacturing knowledge.
15. Our staff is dedicated…with an average tenure of 17 years employment at our company for our associates.
16. It takes, on average, 52 unique stages to build a Jiffy Steamer product within our factory. Care is taken at every step.
17. Use what the professionals use…Jiffy Steamers…our products can be found in over 95% of the chain retail clothing stores.
18. We build commercial-grade units across all of our product lines…travel, residential and industrial categories.
19. A new Jiffy Steamer is put into use, somewhere around the globe, every 6.57 minutes…you are in good company!
20. Not everyone can iron, but anyone can steam! The process is easily learned and mastered.
21. Our products are protected by multiple patents and trademarks.
A Closer Look into Garment Care
Steaming vs. Ironing
Your clothes are an investment. Don't you want to apply the safest, gentlest method for removing wrinkles?
To determine which method of removing wrinkles is the better option for fabric care, steaming and ironing were put to the test.
- Two identical 6" x 6" squares of black wool were purchased from a local fabric store.
- We steamed sample "A" for 1 minute with a Model J-2000 Jiffy ® Steamer.
- Sample "B" was ironed for 1 minute, on the proper heat setting, with a top-of-the-line residential iron.
- We then bagged, labeled, and submitted both samples to MVA Scientific Consultants in Norcross, Georgia for detailed magnification.
The Scanned Electron Microscope (SEM) images show any damage that may have occurred.
|Sample A - Steamed||Sample A - Steamed|
|Sample B - Ironed||Sample B - Ironed|
The fibers in sample "A" are in near perfect condition due to the gentle nature of steam. However, the fibers in sample "B" are clearly distorted. You can easily recognize the damaged fibers caused by just one application of the iron's hot sole plate.
Unlike ironing, steam actually relaxes the fibers rather than crushing them.
Now that you have a closer look into garment care, use what the professionals use…
a JIFFY ® STEAMER!
Steam Kills Dust Mites
Do you or family members suffer from allergies?
A 2003 Environmental Protection Agency report stated that childhood asthma rates are doubling. The EPA report is the agency’s second comprehensive look at the environmental hazards to children’s health. The finding showed the percentage of children getting asthma has doubled in two decades, rising from 3.6 percent in 1980 to 8.7 percent, or 6.3 million children by 2001. The exact cause for the increase is unknown but researchers state a number of factors have been studied. Those range from exposure to dust mites, cockroaches and pesticides to tobacco smoke, ozone and soot. EPA officials are examining the role of indoor air pollutants, such as dust mites, especially since there have been modest improvements since 1990 in lessening exposure to outdoor air pollutants. The reduction of indoor factors will be the key to reversing this trend. 1
Dust Mites are microscopic creatures related to the spider family. They are invisible to the human eye and are about 0.3mm in length. They live on human skin flakes. They are most prevalent in the bedroom where millions can exist in your mattress, boxspring, pillows and comforters. They are also found in upholstered furniture, carpeting and other fabric items. Dust mites produce 20 or more fecal pellets per day, which is the primary allergen to humans. We inhale these allergens while sleeping and during periods when these particles become airborne such as when vacuuming and disturbing the infested fabrics.
It has been proven that dust mites and their allergen Der p1 are a major factor in allergic reactions. A key to controlling allergic reactions is controlling the dust mite population in your home. Lower mite populations lower the amount of mite allergen, Der p1. Other clinical studies have revealed that avoidance of dust mite allergens in early childhood can prevent the onset of asthma in adults. A study as reported in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Allergy tested the feasibility and effectiveness of using a portable, domestic steamer for the control of dust mites, its effects on mite populations and concentration of the allergen Der p1.2
A domestic steamer was used to treat carpet squares that were seeded with a known number of dust mites. The number of live mites was monitored for 4 months and in 8 test squares and 8 control squares. Measurement of mite populations and allergen levels were taken before and after steaming with a domestic steamer.
The results showed two significant findings. No live mites were found in any of the eight steam-treated carpet squares. In contrast, the numbers of live mites extracted from the eight-control squares rose from a mean of 11 on day 3 to 185 four months later. The fact that no live mites were found in any of the eight steam-treated carpet squares at any time during the study shows that steaming is a highly efficient method of killing house dust mites. More significant for allergy sufferers is the measurement of the allergen Der p1. There was no difference in the concentration of Der p1 in dust samples of untreated carpets, but in those which had been steam cleaned there was an average 87% fall in the concentration of Der p1.
The study concluded with:
"Steaming requires nothing more than water and heat and therefore is non-polluting compared with mite eradication methods that require the use of detergents and other chemical agents. Furthermore, the design of domestic steamers, [such as the Jiffy® Steamer], renders it safe for domestic use as long as the operating instructions are followed. In addition, we observed no damage, or shrinkage of the fabric, nor discoloration and the carpet dried within a half-hour of treatment. There is no indication of prolonged retention of residual moisture, as with wet-vacuum cleaning which may promote mite population growth.
Finally, steaming as reported herein is the only method of house dust mite control that combines effective killing of mites and substantial reduction in allergen concentrations within a single system. These factors, taken together, render domestic steamers, [such as the Jiffy® Steamer], especially suitable for the management of dust mites and their allergens in the homes of allergy sufferers."
For additional information and reading on maintaining a healthy home, you may want to consider a book by Jeffrey C. May titled "My House Is Killing Me! The Home Guide for Families with Allergies and Asthma".3
1 As reported by Associated Press February 26, 2003
2 MJ Coloff, C Taylor, TG Merrett. The use of domestic steam cleaning for the control of house dust mites. Clinical and Experimental Allergy 1995 25: 1061-6.
3 May, Jeffrey C(2001). My House is Killing Me! The Home Guide for Families with Allergies and Asthma. John Hopkins University Press.
Penny, you may have to hold the hose up higher in the air to prevent condensation from forming and coming out the steam head. Also make sure the hose coupling at the base is tight and not leaking. I am forwarding your communications to Jiffy for their further recommendations. Thanks. John Douthat, owner and tech.
Hello! Take your hose off and rinse it out just in case something has gotten into your hose. Empty the unit and start again with fresh water. This should help the problem. If you have any further questions, please call one of our technicians at 800-525-4339. Jiffy
The steamer I ordered doesn't put out the amount of steam I expected. I have a drapery workroom and I can't use it on the table because of the water spitting. Is there a steamer that will work horizontally and vertically? I have a Reliable boiler iron and am looking for that kind of steam. Can I return this steamer and get something better? Beverly
Jiffy Steamer is intended to be used upright so the steam can rise out of the hose. The steamer, if used horizontally will spit water out. The Jiffy also provides a continuous soft flow of steam, when being used correctly. Jiffy
Impressed with the speed of receiving the product. Will definitely recommend to others and shop with allbrands again!
Treva, South Carolina
We are very happy with the steamer we purchased. Thanks for making our work life easier and more pleasant.
I was very pleased and your phone representative who helped me was really good. I called a couple of times. Thanks!
The build quality of the Jiffy product was astounding in this day of plastic everything. It brought back the most nostalgic feeling of products of old, made out of aluminum, brase and stainless steel. The box says they have been building these since 1940. It should in addition say that they still build them correctly. I've not seen an appliance like this since my boyhood. Even the water tank filler cap is brase and rubber, as opposed to plastic. Little touches like the magnets on the wrench indicate that these product designers think and care. Could it be that they actually use the products they produce? In the case of most products today, I can't even imagine that the designers or their management actually have used the products that they make. This is the most evident exception I've seen in years. I am both pleased with the product and refreshed in finding that such an organization still exists. In the end what you sell is far more important than the website experience. Happy Holidays, Tom
This store has probably the widest selection and reasonable prices on items I have ordered. I was able to find the products that other Internet stores either no longer sold; or the other stores would tell me the item was back-ordered and unable to give a shipping time frame. Great product selection, great prices and prompt shipping is what it is all about. I will definitely refer AllBrands.com to my friends and colleagues.
In a review someone advised getting the J-4000"I".We are really glad we did.We got the Heavy Duty model,all the attachments, and a reeeally great price.We actually received our order the same day we got the E-mail.My son and I ordered it the Sunday before Mothers day thinking it would be late.It was there on our door step Wednesday morning. Thank you Allbrands for your fast service and great products,you made us look good on Mothers Day.
Barbara, New York, New York
Overall a pleasant purchasing experience, no complaints whatsoever. Thank you
Alice, Louisville, KY
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ORDERING THE CASE TO CARRY MY JIFFY STEAMER IN. I AM A FOOD STYLIST AND TAKE MY STEAMER WITH ME MOST OF THE TIME - IT'S GREAT.
I was thrilled to discover your web site. You had exactly what I was looking for and more choices than I was expecting. The shipping speed was exceptional. I will be visiting your site again. Gretchen
Brad S, Reno NV
You truly do have the LOWEST PRICE on items that pique my interest. I spent no less than a hour attempting to find lower prices via the net and failed. Keep up the great customer satisfaction! Thanx, Brad
Jiffy Steamer Company,
Please note that this is our commercial model…it takes 15 minutes to reach PREHEAT, then when you are ready to STEAM, simply move the switch to STEAM and you will have warm, moist steam in 2 minutes or less. Jiffy Steamer Company