Introducing the most technologically advanced way to sit-down free motion quilt with stitch-regulation. Handi Quilter’s HQ Sweet Sixteen is simply the best way for quilters to tackle projects with a sit-down machine. With the introduction of TruStitch, quilters are now able to create quilt designs with beautifully even stitches.
- Extra Space: A full 16" of throat depth, and 8" of vertical space provides more than 3 times the quilting space of domestic sewing machines.
- Smooth table surface assures even quilting
- Speeds up to 1500 precision stitches-per-minute
- High-speed rotary hook Uses large capacity "M" style Bobbins.
- Hopping foot prevents fabric movement during a full-stitch cycle.
- Handles any thread: Cotton, polyester, rayon, metallics, holographic, etc. Use larger threads for bobbin work.
- Set your top speed using the intuitive adjustable color-touch screen. Save your preferred speed settings with 3 customizable pre-sets. You can save one speed setting for slow, controlled quilting, one for free-motion and yet another for fast all-over designs
- Change needles easily with Thumb Screw Needle Screw
- Use Half-Stitch for basting or walking stitch
- Responsive foot pedal with half-stitch control.
- Enhanced LED Visibility: Innovative Light Ring illuminates the quilting area with 28 LEDS
- Includes Smooth Surface Flush Mount Table with height adjustable legs
- Can be updated to a stand-up machine if desired
- Fold in legs provide easy setup and take-down
- US Warranty 1 year parts, 90 days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
NEW Enhanced Features!
Interchangeable Handi Feet: Quarter-inch ruler foot comes installed; open-toe foot included
Low-bobbin estimator and alarm: Estimates how much thread is on a full bobbin. Sounds an alarm when the bobbin thread is close to running out. Stores bobbin preset values for three different types of thread.
Four basting-stitch options: Basting stitches can be set to every half second, three-quarters of a second, one second, and two seconds.
Quilting alarm and timer: Set an alarm for how long you want to spend quilting. Set a timer to track how much time you spend on a quilt.
Set Language: Screens can be displayed in English, French, Spanish, or German.
Quilt Projects of All Sizes While Seated
Full 16 inches of throat space
Provides more than three times the quilting space of domestic sewing machines
More than 8 inches vertical space
Speeds up to 1500 precision stitches-per-minute
High-speed rotary hook with large capacity M-class bobbin
Useful half-stitch for basting or walking stitch, controlled with touch screen or foot pedal
Smooth 30” x 36” table surface assures even quilting
Additional 18" table extension available for both sides of the table
Hopping foot prevents fabric movement during a full-stitch cycle
Works with HQ rulers for perfect stitch-in-the-ditch and curved quilting lines
Easy-to-use system Designed by a Quilter, for Quilters®
Easy setup and take-down
Accommodates any thread: cotton, polyester, rayon, metallics, holographic, etc.; allows for bobbin work with larger threads
Change needles easily with thumb screw
Responsive foot pedal
Innovative light ring illuminates the quilting area with 28 LEDS
Can be upgraded to a stand-up machine if desired
Adjustable color-touch screen
Customizable speed control
Save your preferred speed settings. Save one speed setting for slow, controlled quilting; one for free-motion; and another for fast all-over designs
Stitch counters: lifetime and resettable trip meter
Hardware, software and serial number information
Warranty: Warranty 2 Years Mechanical and 2 Year Electronic/electrical
Width: 14 inches
Height: 20 inches
Length: 26 inches
Depth: 16 inches
Height: Over 8 inches
User Manual for Handi Quilter HQ16 Sweet Sixteen Sit Down Quilter Machine
If you love to free-motion machine quilt but struggle to fit your project in a small throat space, you're going to love the HQ Sweet Sixteen®. Sixteen inches of throat space gives you room to quilt even a king-size quilt. The smooth surface of the included table allows your project to glide under the needle.
Getting Started: Set Up Installation,
See You Tube Videos on Handi Quilter HQ16 Sweet Sixteen Sit Down or Stand Up Quilter
- HQ Sweet Sixteen 16" Longarm Quilting Machine
- Included Table - Height Adjustable 26"- 42"
- 4 extra bobbins, 20 needles, sample thread pack
- Getting Started DVD
- Machine User Manual and instructions
- Ruler Foot
- Open Toe Foot
"I've had my machine for 1 and a half years now and really have found no cons. I LOVE it, I do everything on my sit down sweet sixteen. If you like to free motion, you'll love this machine !!!" Saydee