NEW Enhanced Features!
Interchangeable Handi Feet: Quarter-inch ruler foot comes installed; open-toe foot included
UV lights: Includes four UV lights installed (two on each side of the front handlebars).
Low-bobbin estimator and alarm: Estimates how much thread is on a full bobbin. Sounds an alarm when the bobbin thread is close to running out. Stores bobbin preset values for three different types of thread.
Four basting-stitch options: Basting stitches can be set to 0.5 inch, 1 inch, 2 inches, and 4 inches.
Quilting alarm and timer: Set an alarm for how long you want to spend quilting. Set a timer to track how much time you spend on a quilt.
Save three manual speed settings for quick access.
Set Language: Screens can be displayed in English, French, Spanish, or German.
Tackle any project with speed
18-inch throat for all your projects: quilt from crib to king with ease
Speeds up to 1800 precision stitches per minute
Consistent stitch quality from 4 stitches-per-inch up to 18 stitches-per-inch
Quickly switch from manual to stitch regulation
Choose between two modes of stitch regulation: Precision and Cruise
Large M-class bobbin
HQ Precision-Glide track system on HQ Studio Frame; load and quilt with no additional adjustment needed
Precision-Glide track for effortless quilting
High-speed rotary hook with large capacity
Comes in your choice of a 10-foot or 12-foot frame
Easy-to-use system Designed by a Quilter, for Quilters
Color touch screens on front and back handlebars
Set your preferred settings
Full-stitch and half-stitch settings
Needle position control
Integrated, adjustable laser light for use with pantographs
Menu-controlled LED lights
Use any thread you want
This machine combines the quality of the Handi Quilter brand with a size perfect for most quilting projects. With the 10-foot or 12-foot frame set up this machine's style and grace will accent any home studio, and the smaller size lends itself to portability if necessary. Pair it with the HQ Pro-Stitcher Software and you can have an all-around great machine!
Designed by a Quilter for Quilters, the HQ18 Avanté is a high-functioning longarm system designed to fit the way you quilt.
Purchase an affordable easy-to-use computerized quilting machine: the Handi Quilter 18 Avante! Movement is smooth and silky on the precision-glide aluminum track. The 18 inch throat can handle larger projects with 15 inches of open quilting space. You can quilt anything from crib size to king size with ease.
There are two types of stitch regulation. Precision Regulation only stitches when you move the machine. Cruise Regulation maintains a constant stitching speed. A manual mode is available, too.
Color LCD control screens are on the front and back of the machine. Switch from manual mode to stitch regulation mode, adjust the LED lights and save custom machine settings. Two stitch counters are built-in: lifetime stitches and a resettable trip-meter for project stitches.
Step up to the Handi Quilter Avante for the best quilting experience!
Handi Quilter offers expanded quilting space, two models of stitch-regulation and a Precision-Glide track option in an eighteen-inch quilting machine. HQ integrated technology and engeneering provide all the functionality that quilters demand along with the smoothest stitch in the industry. This quality product is backed by the HQ warranty and a large network of local representatives.
Studio Frame Special Features Designed To Make Quilting Easier
- 12 foot free-standing frame.
- Robust design limits vibration.
- Patented larger-diameter pole roller system.
- High-quality steel provides solid base for quilting.
- Self-leveling feet adjust to floor surfaces.
- Adjustable legs for easy height adjustment.
- Patented pole adjustment with snap-pin inserts.
- Built-in hand wheel for easy in rolling.
- Rollers with built-in bearings.
- Can be used with any HQ machine.
Read Customer Reviews on Handi Quilter
- US Warranty 1 year limited warranty on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Expanded Quilting Space Within an Easy Reach
For the quilter who is looking for more quilting space, but wants a machine that makes the most efficient use of a quilter's reach, the HQ18 Avanté offers precision stitching with 15" inches of quilting space. Multiple track, table and frame options are available to suit your budget.
Features and Benefits of the HQ18Avanté
- Head Dimensions 16" w x 20" h x 34" l
- 18 inch throat to accommodate your bigger projects.
- 2 kinds of stitch regulation.
Cruise Control: Stop and Start on handle bar. Same as the HQ16.
Precision: stitches only when you move carriage.
- 2 kinds of stitch regulation with precision control provides consistent stitch quality from 4 stitches-per-inch up to 18 stitches-per-inch. Also manual stitching.
- 15 inches of open quilting space. Quilt from crib to king with ease.
- Color touch-screen controls allow quick switching from manual mode to stitch-regulation mode.
- Included LED lights are menu-controlled.
- Speeds up to 1800 precision stitches-per-minute.
- Color touch-screens front and back.
- "Exclusive HQ Walking Stitch." A feature on the digital screen. Locks the machine in perfect horizontal line.
- Set your preferred settings.
- Needle stop position control.
- Stitch counters.
- Built-in diagnostics.
- Adjustable sound levels.
- Integrated, adjustable laser light.
- HQ Micro Handle compatible (optional accessory).
- 3 table / frame / track combinations available.
- Precision-glide aluminum track available on HQ Studio Frame.
- HQ technology and innovation.
- HQ customer service and warranty.
- Hand-crafted in the USA.
- Width: 16 inches
- Height: 20 inches
- Length: 34 inches
- Weight in lbs 68 (with 8 Wheel Carriage)
- Stitch Regulation: YES
- Throat Size: 18 inches
Warranty: 10 Years Head, 2 Years Mechanical Parts, 2 Year Electronic Electrical Parts, 90 Days Labor.
HQ18 Avante - Ready to Quilt. Quilt with your favorite threads (inThe HQ18 Avante quilting machine from Handi Quilter includes everything you need to quilt, including front and back handlebars, adjustable poles, leaders, needles, bobbins and a Getting Started DVD
HQ18 Avante - Color Touch Screens
HQ18 Avante - Precision Glide Track
HQ18 Avante - Using your Favorite thread. Using high-quality, long-staple thread is highly recommended for all high-speed long-arm quilting machines. But you don't have to give up your favorites. Try silk, poly, cotton or holographic threads in all kinds of weights.
Handi Quilter shows how to use HQ Swag Template Set
HQ18 Avante. Smooth quilting with two kinds of stitch-regulation, the HQ18 Avante is Handi Quilters new 18" mid-arm quilting machine.
HQ18 Avanté 18” longarm quilting machine
10’ or 12’ Studio Frame
5 bobbins, 20 needles, sample thread pack
Getting Started DVD
Laser stylus with one pantograph
User manuals and assembly instructions
All of our machines also come with:
Nationwide Dealer/Rep Support
HQ Customer and Technical Support
Online training and other education opportunities