*Note: The S in Juki DNU1541SN means Safety Clutch for retiming. If the needle hits the foot, plate, hook hard enough to untime so that the hook shaft does not turn with the handwheel, you can hold the silver button down with your left index finger and turn the hand wheel backwards with your right hand to put the macine back into timing of upper and lower shafts.
All the features of the 1508 at an economical price! Horizontal axis large hook, loads from the side. Replaces Juki DNU-241H . Will fit standard cut out.
- Single Needle
- Needle Feed And Walking Foot
- Up to 2500 Stitches Per Minute
- Up to 9 Mm Stitch Length
- Industrial Upholstery Machine
- Safety Clutch Button right of needle plate for Retiming
- Includes Power Stand
- US Warranty 90 Days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- With its larger needlebar stroke, higher presser foot lift, and newly adopted double-tension mechanism, the machine offers excellent sewing capabilities and responsiveness
- Alternating vertical movements of the walking foot and presser foot are as large as 6.5 mm
- In addition, the ratio between alternating vertical movements of the walking foot and presser foot remains unchanged even when the material thickness changes
- Rectangular feed prevents needle from fraying
- Sews multi-layered parts of a material with consistent stitching pitch while preventing stitch gathering
- When the thread is caught in the hook or any other sewing trouble occurs, the safety mechanism will automatically operate to prevent the machine from being damaged
- Stitch length can be easily selected by the stitch dial
- Includes a clear view of the area around the needle, placement of the bobbin thread winder on the front face of the machine arm, and a large handwheel
- Knee-lifter mechanism is built in the bed which reduces the pressure required to operate facilities setup
- Machine's full open-type top design makes adjusting works easier
- Machine comes with a lubricating mechanism that uses a centralized oil wick which substantially reduces the time and trouble required for oiling the machine
- A walking foot mechanism is built into the machine arm to prevent oil from scattering
- Stitch length: 9 mm
- Needle bar stroke: 36 mm
- Presser foot lift clearance by hand: 9 mm
- Presser foot lift clearance by knee: 16 mm
- Hook type: Horizontal-axis full-rotary double-capacity hook
- Needle: 135 x 17
- Thread: #30
- #5, B46
- B138, Nm=60/3
- Distance from needle to machine arm: 10.3"
- Bed size is 477mm 178mm, or 18.75" x 7" standard flatbed.
- Weight of machine head: 80.47 lbs
- UL Listed
• Instruction Manual
• Parts list
• Product Brochure
The Brother PQ1500 is an apparel fabric machine and you need an upholstery material machine with built in walking foot and maybe needle feed* to prevent slippage.
The best straight stitch Walking Foot Portables (39) is Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1 Straight Stitch Walking Foot Metal Portable Sewing Machine and Foot Control
for up to 1/4" material.
The best straight stitch Walking Foot Needle Feed (88) with Power Stand is Juki DNU1541 Walking Foot Needle Feed*, Big M Bobbin, 9mm Stitch Length, 9/16mmLift, SetUp PowerStand for up to 1/2" material.
The best needles to sew through horse halters, dog collars, straps and .01 inches - .45 inches of nylon webbing / nylon polyesters is Organ Cool Sew size 20 up, which prevents heat build up in the eye and thread melting, shredding or breaking, which can be a problem with the dense materials you are sewing on.
I have a JUKI DNU 1541, It appears that it does not have a safety clutch as the shiny safety clutch button on the base is solid and unmovable. My question is, can a safety clutch be added to to a non safety clutch machine? Bruce
The DNU1541 cannot be converted to the DNU1541S. You would need to upgrade to one of our DNU1541S Safety Clutch machines. Juki