- PR-600 II - upgraded version of the PR-600. Differences include a light in the work area, and a larger LCD screen (same size as Innov-is 4000D screen). The floppy disk drive and compact flash card slot have been replaced by one USB host slot to enable both USB media reading and writing. An external floppy disk drive and/or compact flash drive can be connected through the USB host drive with an additional purchase.
- HAx130EBBR Organ Needles for the PR600/C/II are now available in SIZES #9/65, #10/70, #11/75, #12/80, #14/90 below.
- The Brother PR-600II gives you the POWER and FEATURES of an industrial embroidery machine, yet it's compact enough to fit anywhere in your home or shop and lightweight enough to take with you on the road.
- The PR-600II offers easy operation, six needles, automatic color change, automatic top and bottom thread trimmers, embroiders tubular garments, has a 12" x 8" embroidery area, and sews at a maximum speed of 1000 spm. Optional cap equipment, hoops, and PE Design software/upgrades available.
- The most exciting feature is multi-media software ports, for optional Brother embroidery cards and PE Design downloads to blank cards or floppy disks. No other embroidery machine has this flexibility.
- US Warranty 25 Years Head, 6 Years Electrical, 2 Years Parts, 2 Years Labor
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Single-head, 6-needle embroidery machine with cylinder
- Maximum speed: 1000 stitches per minute
- Multimedia capability: Built-in slots for floppy disks, Brother memory design cards and compact flash
- Cards offer a wide variety of design storage choices
- Extra-large, easy to use, color LCD touch-screen control panel
- Built-in designs and keyboard lettering fonts
- Exclusive automatic needle threading
- Automatic upper and lower thread trimmers
- Uses regular embroidery needles.
- Upper and lower thread-break detection system)
- On-screen editing
- Ability to rotate designs in 1-degree increments
- Wide selection of built-in thread color information makes it easy to choose the appropriate colors
- Ability to pre-program automatic color changes for the entire design
- Exclusive automatic, 8-sided design trace for more accurate design placement
- Ability to back-up through designs by individual stitches, color blocks or groups of 100 stitches
- Design memory retention after machine is shut off
- May be used either as stand-alone machine or includes USB port for direct computer connection
- Compatible with Brother’s award-winning PE-Design software and BE-100 digitizing software for use with popular home and commercial embroidery formats
- Uses L-size prewound bobbins
Microsoft® Windows® 7 support for Brother Home Sewing Machine Products (.pdf)
If you want a new embroidery machine but already have a good sewing machine, the PR600 has 6 needles (not one), more hoops, larger sewing area, automatic 6-color change, and the ability to embroider tubular items such as caps and purses, which are not suitable for the new Brother 4000 or competitor's models.
Also, Having a new dedicated embroidery machine does not tie up a new machine to do all your sewing and embroidery at competing times. It is always better to leave the embroidery machine running by itself, while you may be sewing hands on with your regular sewing machine, all at the same time. Two machines running simultanously doubles your output or cuts sewing time in half.
You can see a comparison charton www.babylock.com or go to www.brothersews.com for more information.
1. It is a single head, six needle embroidery machine with a cylinder arm.
2. It sews at a maximum speed of 1000 stitches a minute! WOW!!
3. It has built in slots for floppy disks, Brother memory design cards and compact flash cards. All kinds of design storage choices.
4. It has an extra large LCD color touch screen control panel, like the ULT, BUT BIGGER!
5. Can you imagine needle threading automatically for SIX NEEDLES? Yep, you betcha!!!
6. And besides that, it has Automatic Upper and Lower thread trimmers.
7. On top of that, it also has upper and lower thread-break detection system. Getting Interested?????
8. It also has built in keyboard lettering fonts and designs.
9. How about on-screen editing?
10. And you can rotate your designs in 1 degree increments. Just like on the ULT's.
11. There is a great selection of built-in thread color information so you can choose the right colors.
12. You can program the thread automatic color changes for the entire design.
13. The machine has memory retention in the event you shut it off or lose power.
14. Can be used as a stand alone machine or it has a USB port for direct computer connection.
15. You can use your PE-Design software for use with home formats. 16. And it uses the same L size prewound bobbins we have been using right along! YIPPEE.!!!!
17. It comes with hoops in 12 x 8 - 7 x 5 - 4 x 4 - 2 1/2 X 1 1/2
Simplicity SE 3 and Brother PR600
Over 50% of the embroidery business is done on hats, bags, purses and other tubular items.
Unless you want to restrict yourself to flat goods such as towels, you really need a machine with a cylinder or tubular arm capability as well as flatbed embroidery. None of the regular single-needle home embroidery machines have tubular capability.
For business, we recommend the portable Brother PR600 8x12", 6-needle, automatic color change, auto thread trim embroidery machine with cap equipment.
For home use, we recommend the Simplicity SE3 4x4" embroidery machine with 119 designs, 3 hoops, 10 alphabets at the Simplicity SE3 Home Page.
use a magnifying glass or magnifying light to look at the tiny hook that is supposed to go into the back of the needle eye to pick up the top thread. If it is bent to the left or right of the needle eye, use a tiny flat blade eyeglass or tension screwdriver to bend the hook back to center so it will go right into the back of the needle eye. This is a common problem in automatic needle threader mechanisms. If the needle threader ever did work for you and now doesn't, then it must have been bent to one side in a threading operation.
My underbed thread trimmer shreds the thread and leaves a tail?
There is an adjustment to make the moveable knife go further under the stationary knife if it not going far enough to cut the thread. However you can first try Brother part #46758001 Spacer Washer under the moveable knife to move it up a bit so it puts more pressure on the stationary knife for consistent cutting.
Have used this machine for over six years and never had any major problems. I've had it serviced every two years or so and learned to keep bobbin very clean to avoid stitch problems. The large screen makes easy to manage designs, don't have to connect laptop. I bought "Fast Frames" to use rather than hoops. Much easier! I'd recommend to 1st timers for small embroidery business starter.
L. Carden, Germany
Shipment did not leave the States via UPS for a week after it was ordered and picked up from AllBrands. Shipment then went to Cologne, Germany, rather than to Frankfurt as I had anticipated (3 hr. drive each way and 1.5 hrs. farther than Frankfurt). In regard to the merchandise ordered, the Brother PR-600 had to be adjusted by me because the needle bar was locked. This required significant disassembly--a scary thing for a new owner of a $7,000 machine! However, with the assistance of Alex and the written repair manual enclosed, I managed to fix the machine on the second attempt. Overall experience was good, but installation of PE-Design 5.0 upgrade was the worst nightmare ever. It caused our computer to crash TWICE--required 2 days to reinstall all programs!! It only ! worked AFTER installation of upgrade from Brother site to recongnize PR-600. That upgrade required that 5.0 or any other version NOT be installed--who would have guessed that you install a patch/upgrade BEFORE installing the program!!! Please warn successive buyers of this experience so they can avoid the problems we had. Finally, I would purchase from AllBrands.com again, and I sincerely hope you will pass these comments on to sales people. Best regards, L. Carden
We just wanted to thank you for such a outstanding service. When we bought this machine ( PR-600 ) from you, we were told by some people that we will have problems with servicing it because we didn't buy from authorized Brother dealer. Obviously , this is not true. We would not hesitate doing business with you again.
We were given info from Brother about a software update for the PR-600 below. We wanted to pass that info along to you. Please copy and paste the link below in the address bar of your browser. http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/pr600/version.html
Abe Silberstein, Diamond Organ Needle Co.
Re: HAx130EBBR #11 for Brother PR600 Please be advised that the HAx130EBBR needles are packed 10 needles per envelope and then 10 envelopes per plastic box of 100 needles, then 5 boxes of 100 needles per master carton. At this time ORGAN has only made size #11, but they notified me that they will begin making a few select other sizes during the next several months. I will appraise you when other sizes are available.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Brother PR 4Hour 6 DVD Video Training PR600 PR650 655 PR1000 (+$99.99, You Save $100.00)