AllBrands is a Brother Authorized Dealer and ASC Authorized Service Center for warranty repairs. We give unlimited tech support by email, fax, phone, text and cell, plus service in our shop or referral to nearest ASC (your choice). Mass merchants do not have tech service or repair departments for your equipment like we do. They are unable to help you directly, referring your operational, mechanical or electronic questions back to Brother customer service desk (you cannot talk to their technician mechanics) instead of taking care of the problems themselves. Brother and customers should expect that any problems you might have will be taken care of by the dealer who sold you the equipment, not simply by referring your requests back to the manufacturer. John Douthat, Owner & Tech, AllBrands.com
Finish edges and hems - professionally, and affordably!
Designed for finishing the edges and hems of a wide range of fabrics, including formal wear, linens and stretchy fabrics, and for creating ruffles and decorative edges, the Brother™ 1034D Serger is the perfect addition to any sewing room. This reliable, easy to learn and use 3 / 4 thread serger features 22 built-in stitch functions, and snap-on, interchangeable creative feet. Stitch options include 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches. With its differential fabric feed, the 1034D helps you achieve better stitch quality, for a more even, professional finish, even on very thin or stretchy fabrics. Threading is easy, with the color-coded upper thread guides and lower looper threading system. Plus, the included snap-on presser feet allow for quick and easy changes to transition to each desired stitch. To help you get started, the 1034D includes an instructional video, and a complete, printed instructional manual in English and Spanish.
Give a professional look to your next project with serged seam finishes. Seams lie flatter and look better with an overlock stitch. Home decor projects often suggest the use of a serger for rolled hems and secure seams and differential feed. Choose from a 3 or 4 thread look and enjoy the new and easy threading method. The 1034D features two needles and ¾ thread with differential feed. Create stitches from 2.0 to 4.0 mm in length. Differential feed ratio of 0.7 – 2.0 gives improved stitch quality. Free arm makes it easier to sew sleeves, trouser legs and other hard to reach places.
- 3/4 Thread stitch configurations
- Easy threading Lay in Tensions, no eyelets
- Free Arm Style for tubular sewing
- Differential Feed to ruffle or prevent puckering
- Self-threading Lower Looper so you only open one door to thread.
- Built-In Rolled Hem for scarves, napkins, and apparel
- Latest Model Brother Serger
- 3/4 thread, cut and sew serger stitches
- Easy to follow lay-in threading
- Tension disc release assures thread placement into tension discs
- F.A.S.T. lower looper threading system
- Differential feed improves results when sewing stretch, knitted, or thing fabrics
- Eliminates the wavy or stretch appearance of stitches on some fabrics
- Perfect overlock stitches on all types and weights of fabric
- Includes 4 starter spools of thread
- Snap-out stitch finger for instant rolled hem
- Snap-on presser feet
- Uses standard sewing machine needles
- Slide lever adjustment for stitch width
- Dial adjustment for stitch length
- Slide lever adjustment for differential feed
- Electronic speed control
- 3 / 4 thread: Easily create precise, professional-quality seam finishing and rolled hems with the 3- or 4-thread cut and sew serger stitches.
- Versatile stitch options: Choose from 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches.
- 22 built-in stitch functions: 3 heirloom stitches3 stitches for formal and bridal wear6 stitches for home dec and crafts10 stitches for reinforced tape applications
- Differential fabric feed for better stitch quality: The differential fabric feed helps improve the stitch quality on virtually all types of fabric, especially important when sewing stretchy, knitted, or thin fabrics. Differential feed ratio is 0.7 to 2.0.
- Easy threading: The 1034D has easy to follow, color-coded lay-in threading, and the lower looper threading system is designed to make sure the thread stays right in place.
- Fast, up to 1300 stitches per minute: Saves time, and delivers high quality stitching, even at up to a high 1300 spm speed.
- Adjustable stitch width: The stitch width can be easily adjusted between 3.00mm to 7.00mm, helping to provide the perfect stitch width for your project.
- Adjustable foot pressure: The pressure of the presser foot is fully adjustable, to help ensure consistently highly quality stitching on both heavy and light fabrics. Loosening the pressure for lightweight materials will help prevent puckering, and will allow for easier sewing of curves.
- 2-point thread tension control: The pre-tension device allows for smoother delivery of thread, and the tension for each needle can also be individually adjusted, for even more precise control for each type of thread.
- Removable free arm: Simply slide off the removable arm to serge cylindrical items such as sleeves.
- Retractable knife: The retractable knife blade helps prevent against accidentally cutting your fabric when you're working close to the edges of rolled hems.
- Brightly lit workspace: No more task lights needed, as brilliant light floods the needle area.
- Safety feature: For your safety, the 1034D will operate only when the front cover is closed.
- Uses standard sewing machine needles: No need to purchase special needles – the 1034D can use most standard home sewing machine needles.
- Built-in storage: Store your accessory tools on the front panel flip-down door.
- Bilingual operation manual and instructional CD: The 1034D comes complete with an instructional video, and a printed, English and Spanish operation manual.
Perfecting Serger Overlock Tensions shown on Brother 1034D (1134DW 3034D) applies to all other brands and models of 4 thread sergers, by Palak of MakeItHandMade.com
Brother 1034D Serger Operating Manual, Instruction Book (.PDF)
Search all You Tube Videos for Brother 1034D (.PDF)
Click HERE for Threading Instructions from eHow on Brother 1034D Serger(.PDF)
- US Warranty 5 Year Electrical 1 Year Parts and Labor
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Machine Weight: 15 lbs.
Maximum Sewing Speed (stitch per minute): 1300
Free Arm: Yes
Presser Foot Attachment: Snap-on
Presser Foot Height Adjustment: No
Presser Foot Pressure: Yes
Cap Frame capability: No
Stitch Attributes: Adjustable
Stitch Width: Up to 7.0 mm
Stitch Length: Up to 4.0 mm
Utility stitch functions: ¾ thread overlock blind hem rolled hem
Quilting stitch functions: No
My Custom Stitch Feature: (Create and save your own decorative stitches) No
Heirloom stitch functions: No
Built-in Decorative Stitches: No
Needle Threading System: Manual auto lower looper threader
Upper Thread Tension System for perfect stitches on any fabric: Manual
Needle Positions: Yes
# of needles: Single or twin
- Blind Hem/Multi-Purpose Guide Foot
- Gathering Foot
- 4 Thread Spool Caps
- 4 Cone Thread Holders
- Needle Set
- Hexagonal Wrench
- Soft Cover
- Cleaning Brush
- Instruction Manual
- Instructional CD
- Electronic Foot Control
- Power Cords
- Warranty Information
1) Is the 1034D threading of the lower looper easier than the 929D? THE 1034D AUTO LOWER LOOPER THREADING IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER THE OLDER MODEL 929D.
2) Are 22 stitches of the 1034D dialed in (is there a stitch selector?). THESE ARE ALL THE STITCH CONFIGURATIONS OF 2, 3 AND 4 THREAD WITH 3 FEET INCLUDED APPLIED TO SEAMS, OVERCAST, FLATLOCK, ROLLED HEMS, AND DECORATIVE STITCHING. THERE IS NO STITCH SELECTOR/KNOB ON THE MACHINE, BUT THREADING CHARTS FOR THE APPLIATIONS. ."22 built-in stitch functions 4-thread overlock, 3-thread overlock, narrow, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches, with specialty stitch functions for formal and bridal wear, home dec and crafts, heirloom and reinforced tape applications"
3) A picture of the threading of the 1034D lower looper from the manual. SEE MANUAL AT Brother 1034D Serger Operating Manual, Instruction Book (.PDF)
SEE CUSTOMER VIDEO
Also the 1034D is very similar to the older model below:
John, Thank you so very much! My husband followed your directions this evening and as you thought, the belt was the problem. After putting the belt back on, it was very loose, so David moved the motor to tauten the belt. My serger is now working like a charm, and I am very happy. What a nice machine! Thanks again for your expertise and using email for me. ....Gail B.
I want to get a machine that will allow me serging and/or coverstiching on ANY kind of fabric! I am undecided among three of the machines you sell: the Juki MO735, the Brother 2340CV and 1034. I mainly would like to know what the differences among them are, and if such differences would justify the difference in pricing. It is sometimes hard for me to understand the difference between flatlock and overlock, for example, so not knowing how I could use them in different situations, it doesn't make much sense to get a machine that has them both? So from your expert opinion, which one you would recommend based on what I'm looking for?. Would you recommend that, instead I buy two separate serger and a coverstitch? What would be the main reason for me to buy the MO735 instead of the two others, considering it's more expensive?
The 2-thread stitch is for overcasting a single layer of fabric. It does not have the seam, only the overcast. Of course, you can overcast with the 3 or 4 thread stitches as well.
The overlock stitch is a seam with overcast built in. It can be 3, 4 or 5 threads. 3 thread would be for very light weight fabrics, since it's narrower. 3 and 4 thread stitches have stretch, so they are the best stitches for knits, but can also be used on wovens. 4 thread stitch is wider than 3 thread stitch, so it is better for medium weight fabrics. The 5-thread stitch is a straight chain stitch and a 3 thread overlock (separate) and is for heavier fabrics and wovens, since it does not stretch.
Flatlock is a variation of the 2-thread or 3 thread overlock stitches. The tension is adjusted so there is no seam, only the overcast. When you sew 2 layers together and pull them flat, the seam allowances are enclosed, so they do not stich out to fold to one side or the other. The fabric is pulled "flat." On one side the stitch looks like a normal overlock stitch. On the other side it has threads going crosswise, like a ladder. The stitch is often used decoratively with special threads in the looper. It is used for patchwork or knit garment seams.
It's nice to have a serger and a separate coverstitch machine, especially if you will use the coverstith often. It saves you time converting from one stitch to the other. However, that's not always practical, space-wise. Once you've made the change a couple of times, it will become quicker and eeasier for you. You can leave the chain stitch looper thread (also used for the coverstitch) through the threading path (except the eye of the looper), so you can tie on and pull new threads through, thus saving a lot of time when you make changes.
The sergers and coverstitch machines you listed are all good quality. None are made in Japan. However, the production is supervised by the Japanese and we have not noticed any quality problems since the production was shifted out of Japan.
The advantage of the Juki MO735 is that it is the most heavy-duty machine, since Juki uses their industrial parts and expertise in its manufacture: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp05031-0267.html.
The advantage of the Brother 2340CV at is that its coverstitch is a little bit wider and it has some wonderful accessories to help you guide your fabric for various operations: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp06948-0263.html.
My first choice would be to get one of the Juki 4 or 5 thread sergers and the Brother coverstitch only machine.
We also carry the Brother 1034D serger, which has many more features than most sergers and comes at a great price.
If you want only one machine, I'd get the Juki MO735.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. We look forward to serving your equipment needs.
Thank you for your prompt reply to my problem. My husband and I were able to follow your directions and solve my problem. The belt was very loose. We were able to tighten it easily by loosening the screw holding the motor bracket. We needed a large slot screwdriver to do it. Thank you again for your quick response and your good directions. Your happy customer!
Gail B, Cincinnati OH
John, Thank you so very much! My husband followed your directions this evening and as you thought, the belt was the problem. After putting the belt back on, it was very loose, so David moved the motor to tauten the belt. My serger is now working like a charm, and I am very happy. What a nice machine! Thanks again for your expertise and using email for me. ....Gail B
Thank you, all of you at All Brands are the greatest that's why when I need something I order it from you!
Diana, New Hampshire
I was very pleased with this transaction. I researched several sites when I wanted to buy a serger. Allbrands was easy to navigate and I was able to make my decision. I found the price very reasonable. I had checked out this machine locally and it was more expensive. I definately liked the free shipping. Thank you Allbrands. I will recommend your site to friends and family.
altho I've had my serger just a short time and have not used all the feet, I love it. Everything about it is so easy. Can't believe how easy it is to set the tension, even threading is easy. Anxouis to try using the other feet and doing other things with it. At this point I absolutely love it and look for things to make so I can use it. So glad my old one quit.
your employee did a wonderful job...she is a credit to your company...i feel she went above and beyond what i usually get from customer service to make sure everything went smooth with my order..including follow up emails and phone calls...when i show my friends my new serger i am going to tell them all where i got it from and how happy i was with the service...thank you for a great shopping experience...
My serger and embroidery machine arrived very quick, everything was packed good and the products were ok. The only problem that I had was some of the free products were missing. I emailed customer service and annette took care of the problem right away. This company is great and I will order from them in the future.
I had never owned a serger before, but am very satisfied with my new Brother. I was very happy there was an instructional DVD included as it was very helpful. Buying my serger was an overall pleasant experience. Thank you.
I am so excited to sew with my new serger. It has been working out like a dream.
All Brands shipped exactly when they said they would and the serger arrived on time. I found the item at a lower price on Walmart.com, BUT decided to go with All Brands because 1. All Brands included two extra feet, 2. All Brands had free ground shipping, and 3. All Brands emailed me a $10 off coupon. For me these three things made the All Brands serger a better value. (I did not email you about the lower Walmart price.) PLUS, I was surprised to see the serger had been threaded and a sample piece had been serged before it left the warehouse. Thank you. I will buy from you again!
I will be back to buy more at a later date. Thank You
I have bought several things from All Brands and have been very happy. that's why when I need something your site is the first place to go. Keep the good work.
Amanda, North Carolina
Great website....love my serger.
Barbara, New York
I truly am very pleased with the product, service and quick delivery. Thank you very much. Barbara
In the future I wont hesitate to use your company again for furture purchses. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christine, Riverside, CA
I just love ALLBRANDS.com! I was amazed at the speed of shipping of my serger and the price was the best I found! Thanks so much!
Linda, Napoleon, OH
My serger arrived within a few days of the order. Order tracking was provided and very helpful. I am completely satisfied with the product and the service. I would definitely recommend your company to anyone looking for a quality product at a fair price. I used your free shipping option and received a $10 off coupon from your email newsletter.
Graphic Mom, Southern Texas
After buying my serger and being so excited, I got home and thought, "now what"? I have never used a serger before. Opening the box, I was very happy to see there was a video with it to show the basics. That was 5 years ago. It still works like new, and I am still learning more every time I use it, but I am able to use it. It didn't take long to learn. The Brother 925D can be used as a 3 or 4 thread machine. Threading it is very simple. Everything is color coded to let you know where the string goes next. It also has a feature that you can shut off to cut the excess fabric as it sews it. I sew everything I can now. Not just quilts, but clothing and household things as well. With my serger, it gives it a professional look. The biggest plus of all would have to be the price. I would recommend this machine for anyone that is just learning to use a serger.
I purchased a Brother 925D Lock serger over 2 years ago! My main motivation was the price! (A very reasonable 279.00!) This machine has been through the trenches for me and has come out going strong!! The Brother 925D has many features that I took for granted before I saw many other sergers. The threading is color coded and a piece of cake! The tensions have a lay in thread guide for those needing the "Serging for Dummies" course! It also has an outstanding feature which involves the lower looper threading. Most sergers require the side plate to be completely removed for the delicate process of lower looper threading. This machine has a great finger, that enables you to set the looper thread in a little hook and push it into place. This basic Brother also has a front plate that swings down for ease of threading and cleaning. It features differential feed, lots of stitch length and width settings, and a convenient knob to turn down your knife. It comes with a video and instruction book that shows you how to make the most of the machine. Techniques includes blind hem, rolled hem, flatlocking, and elastic application, to name a few. It is a good machine at a great price. I would definately recommend it for any home seamstress, especially those who are unfamiliar with sergers. I will continue to sew with mine! It is exremely easy to use, and reliable for moderate use.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Super Lock 12 x 3000Yd Cone Threads Kit Multiple Colors 40wt (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)
Organ HAx1 15x1 130R, Box of 100 CHROME Coated Sewing Machine Needles (+$19.99, You Save $10.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget 2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$169.99, You Save $30.00)
Arrow 2000 Alexander Henry Fabric Sewing Chair for Cabinets -Oak Wood (+$199.99, You Save $21.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag, Sewing, Quilting, Embroidery & Serger Machines (+$29.99, You Save $20.00)
Clauss 10721 8" Metal Dressmaker Scissors Shears, Bent Trimmers, Italy (+$9.99, You Save $20.00)