The P600 uses the latest discoveries in nano-technology, developed by space research laboratories, to deliver a new and speedy airborne chemical abatement process.
The TitanClean Titanium Dioxide Photo-Catalytic Oxidizer dramatically increases the range of dangerous airborne chemicals that can be neutralized safely and effectively.
TitanClean's titanium dioxide (TiO2) coating in conjunction with the UV light, creates an oxidizing process that instantly breaks molecular bonds and reduces airborne chemicals to smaller safer compounds, until only carbon dioxide and water vapor are left.
The new TitanClean Photocatalytic Oxidizer is combined with Airpura's 18lb Activated Carbon bed, true Hepa Filter and 20 watt UV Germicidal Lamp to deliver the most complete air cleaning system available today.
Formaldeyde, Radon, Ammonia, Mercury Vapor, Benzene, Aldehydes/Pesticides, Butanol, Carbon Monoxide, Exhaust Fumes, Molds/Mycotoxins, PCBs, Trichlorophenol, Sulfur oxides, Toluene, Nitrous oxide, Chloroform, Dioxane, Chloroform, Dioxane, Chlorotoluene
Long Lasting Filters
TitanClean reflectors last for 18 months depending on use. Carbon filters typically last up to 2 years depending on use. Hepa filters typically last 5 years in regular use. Pre-filters can be vacuumed from the exterior of the unit and should be changed every 12 months depending on use. UV Germicidal lamps will be effective for up to 10,000 hours.
Titanium Dioxide Photocatalytic Oxidization
- Developed and used in space technology laboratories for both air and water purification the Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO) process is simple and elegant.
- A metal surface coated with a metal oxide is irradiated with UV light to produce hydroxyl radicals and super-oxide ions.
- The hydroxyl radicals and super-oxide ions break the molecular bonds of chemicals they come into contact with and slice them into smaller compounds, that are further broken down until only carbon dioxide and water vapor are left.
- For maximum effeciency, the process requires a suffecient surface area of reflective metal coated with a metal oxide to be positioned at a critical distance from the UV lamp while still allowing a good flow of air to bring the aiborne chemicals into contact with the resulting hydroxyl radicals and super-oxide ions.
The Airpura TitanClean Reflector
- The TitanClean Reflector provides a large amount of TiO2 coated surface area (115% of the width of the UV lamp)
- The angled reflector design maximizes the range of photo-catalytic oxidation within the filter chamber and increases the germicidal effect of the lamp.
- The UV germicidal lamp maintains 98% of its direct irradiation intensity due to the interior position of the TitanClean reflector
- The location of the TitanClean reflector and the UV light in the center of the filter chamber allows them to work in convert with the HEPA filter.
- Particulate pollution is stopped by the Hepa filter before reaching the reflector. This keeps the coated surface cleaner and more effective.
- The diffusion of the germicidal dosage from the UV lamp is enhanced in the confined chamber.
- Contact time of airborne chemicals is increased as they slow down passing through the Hepa.
- The TitanClean Catalytic Oxidizer combined with the 18lb Activated Carbon filter offers the most complete airborne chemical and VOC abatement available today.
The Airpura P600+ Premium Titanium Dioxide Coating
The Airpura P600+ model features a premium titanium dioxide coated surface area. The specially coated Hepa filter offers an additional 3 times the photocatalytic capacity to deal with especially heavy concentrations of airborne chemicals.
- US Warranty Limited Warranty 5 years parts 10 years labor
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Photocatalytic Oxidization reflector US patent pending #29249549 Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) coated reflector surface
UV Germicidal Lamp:
20 watts, 30,000 um per sec
Fume / odor / chemical control:
18 lbs activated carbon 13" x 13" x 9"
2" deep x 570 sq" surface
40 sq ft true HEPA (Measured 1 side only) 10 pleats per inch, Pleats warmed rolled with separator
Air Flow 560 cfm:
More cfm than any other home unit available
570 sq in x 1in deep
Powder coat steel
23" x 15"
45 lbs total
115 or 220 volts
120 on high, 40 on low
28.1 db on low (at 6 feet) 62.3 db on high (560 cfm) (Room Level 25.1)
Conforms to ANSI/UL 507 and CSA C22.2 no 113