Please consider adding our Optional SR-Loaded Load It Accessory Pack including 8 Pound Metal Monster Wheel, Kick Stand to stabilize case bottom, 1" Trim Swing Binder, Light, 40 Needles sizes 14 16 18 20
The Sailrite Ultrafeed Straight Stitch Walking Foot Machine is our Portable machine with Industrial Capabilities.
The Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1 sewing machine features a mechanical walking presser foot that moves forward and back in time with the feed dog to ensure that the layers of fabric are consistently moving together through the machine. The result—heavy, bulky and even sticky fabrics like leather and window material are easily sewn with consistently symmetrical stitch lengths.
Sew as many as 10 layers of heavy canvas material or 8 layers of tightly woven, hard to penetrate 8oz Dacron (Zigzag stitching is best for sail repair. If this is your primary intent please take a look at the Ultrafeed LSZ-1 sewing machine.) Repair sails, make cushions, covers, awnings and leather goods. Install zippers, plastic windows, boltropes, shorten jeans, fix a tent, do auto upholstery. Use the Ultrafeed for crafts, upholstery, draperies, quilting and general home sewing—its performance and versatility are hard to beat!
Handles Multiple Layers of Fabric with Ease
- Sews Up To 1/4" Sunbrella, Canvas, Upholstery, Leather, Vinyl, Denim And Sticky Fabrics
- Thick fabric assemblies helps it to stay put when handling heavy fabric
- Designed with a high lift to better accomodate thick fabrics - sew as many as 10 layers of canvas
- Handles up to 5/16" thick fabric with presser foot lift hovering at 7/16"
- Cogged belts and pulley drive system eliminates slippage
- Built-In Walking Foot Top And Bottom Feed Prevents Ply Slippage
- Built-in walking foot makes feeding heavy, bulky, and even sticky fabrics like leather and vinyls a breeze
- Versatile with a wide variety of fabrics including hard to sew canvas, Dacron, slippery nylons, sticky vinyls, thick fabric assemblies
- Uses mechanical walking presser foot which moves forward and back in time with the feed dog to ensure that the layers of fabric are consistently moving together through the machine \
- Knob for adjusting pressure of foot on fabric
....and much more
The Sailrite LS-1 has All Metal Casting and Internal Parts. Excellent power is provided by a 110 VAC motor that develops 6600 rpm at 1.5 amps and a cogged belt and pulley drive system. In addition, a special large diameter balance wheel (the PowerPlus wheel) slows the machine down and dramatically enhances power. This wheel has been specially designed to work with our Posi-Pin clutching system. The Posi-Pin is a patented (#7438009) direct drive mechanism that results in 100% power transfer from the balance wheel to the machine’s needle. This novel system is much better than the typical compression clutch which is prone to slippage in heavy materials. Variable speed operation of the sewing machine is provided by an electronic foot control. The Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1 Sewing Machine is a powerful, well designed machine.
Longer Stitch Lengths (up to 6 mm):
Sewn stitches can be made extra long (up to 6mm) with the variable stitch length mechanism. This reduces needle pucker for professional quality upholstery and canvas work. The Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1's walking foot with its aggressive bottom gripping surface creates a large, positive contact between the foot, the feed dog and the fabric itself. Walk over thick hems and make the transition from thick to thin without skipping stitches.
- Variable stitch length mechanism allows for very long straight stitches up to 6 mm (1/4") which reduces needle pucker for professional quality upholstery and canvas work
- Consistent stitch length over thick hems, makes the transition from thick to thin without skipping stitches
- 4 Stitches Per Inch Maximum Length
- Or, 0-6mm adjustable stitch length.
Reversing is easy with the lever activated mechanism and, because the machine feeds so well, back stitching for long distances is possible. A welting tunnel built into the presser foot simplifies piping installation. Ultrafeeds are great tools for building cushions which have piping trimmed edges. And, because the needle is offset to the right in the presser feet, it is possible to install most zippers without changing to a zipper foot. Even beginning sewers find the Ultrafeed to be a very straight forward, easy to learn machine.
Each machine undergoes a rigorous 10 step quality check to insure excellent performance:
- Adjustment of the belts and motor to minimize belt and motor shaft bearing wear
- Setup of cams and gears to optimize performance
- Timing of walking foot and feed dog to insure even feeding of material from top and bottom
- Paint inspection and touch-up
- Fitting of the machine to the carrying case
- Installation of GFCI plug to foot control wiring to provide safety from electric shock
- Tuning and welding of critical components to insure long, trouble free operation
- Sew-off in two and eight layers of Sunbrella canvas and in six layers of Nautolex vinyl cusion fabric
- Cleaning and washing of machine in anti-rust solution
- Final inspection by quality control manager - all screws checked for tightness, inspection of cam/gear positioning, additional sew-off in sample fabrics
Produced for Sailrite in Taiwan with CNC machining to Sailrite specifications, casting finish, assmebly of components
Sailrite's technicians are involved in the machine's design (patents pending), responsible for the setup and sew-off of each and every machine, able to problem solve in the shop directly over the phone
Special features include hardwired circuit interrupt, rust prevention bath, carrying case with foot pedal, specially designed needle plate and closed end crank rod for increased needle bar rigidity and reduced needle breakage, attachment spot for optional Sailrite lights
Video: See why theUltrafeed LS-1 Sewing Machine is the world's best portable walking foot sewing machine!
Video: The Power Plus Wheel and the Posi-Pin system coupled with cogged belts and a strong motor maximizes the power of the Ultrafeed sewing machine.
See all Sailrite LS1 Videos on You Tube
- US Warranty 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- 41 lbs
- Bed size: 14 1/2" x 7"
- Underarm space: 7" x 4.5"
- Power: 1/10th hp, 110 volt
- AC motor, 1.5 amp
- 150 watts
- 6600 RPM
- Powered Walking Foot
- Shuttle: oscillating (cam & rocker arm driven)
- Max sewing speed per min: 600 stitches
- Max straight stitch: 6mm
- Needle bar stroke: 30mm
- Thread take-up lever: link type
- Case dimensions: 21 3/8" W, 14 1/4" H, 10 3/4" D
- Carrying weight: 43 lbs.
- Machined idler pulley (jack drive - gear reduction)
- All-Metal With Dual Belt Drive
- Toothed Belts And Pulleys
- Oscillating shuttle cam and rocker arm driven
- Machine Head
- Electronic variable-speed Foot Control
- Power Plus Balance Wheel
- Posi-Pin direct drive clutching system
- Deluxe Instrument Quality Black Wooden Carrying Case with Handle
- Electronic Foot Control
- Thread Stand
- 1oz cone of thread
- Scarfed gib hook
- Needle Accessory Pack
- Advanced Maintenance DVD
- Instructional DVD
- Custom Guidebook with Parts List
- Combo cording/straight stitch presser foot
- 4 Needles (size 20)
- 4 Bobbins
- Sewing machine oil
The Brother PQ1500 is an apparel fabric machine and you need an upholstery material machine with built in walking foot and maybe needle feed* to prevent slippage.
The best straight stitch Walking Foot Portables (39) is Sailrite Ultrafeed LS-1 Straight Stitch Walking Foot Metal Portable Sewing Machine and Foot Control
for up to 1/4" material.
The best straight stitch Walking Foot Needle Feed (88) with Power Stand is Juki DNU1541 Walking Foot Needle Feed*, Big M Bobbin, 9mm Stitch Length, 9/16mmLift, SetUp PowerStand for up to 1/2" material.
The best needles to sew through horse halters, dog collars, straps and .01 inches - .45 inches of nylon webbing / nylon polyesters is Organ Cool Sew size 20 up, which prevents heat build up in the eye and thread melting, shredding or breaking, which can be a problem with the dense materials you are sewing on.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.