- Extra Space: A full 16" of throat depth, and 8" of vertical space provides more than 3 times the quilting space of domestic sewing machines.
- Smooth table surface assures even quilting
- Speeds up to 1500 precision stitches-per-minute
- High-speed rotary hook Uses large capacity "M" style Bobbins.
- Hopping foot prevents fabric movement during a full-stitch cycle.
- Handles any thread: Cotton, polyester, rayon, metallics, holographic, etc. Use larger threads for bobbin work.
- Set your top speed using the intuitive adjustable color-touch screen. Save your preferred speed settings with 3 customizable pre-sets. You can save one speed setting for slow, controlled quilting, one for free-motion and yet another for fast all-over designs
- Change needles easily with Thumb Screw Needle Set Screw
- Use Half-Stitch for basting or walking stitch
- Responsive foot pedal with half-stitch control.
- Enhanced LED Visibility: Innovative Light Ring illuminates the quilting area with 28 LEDS
- Includes Smooth Surface Flush Mount Table with height adjustable legs for sit down or stand up.
- Can be updated to a stand-up machine if desired
- Fold in legs provide easy setup and take-down
- Manufacturer's US warranty 5 Years Mechanical, 90 Days Service Labor on defects in material and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: To view the warranty for this combo, please view specific warranty information on the individual product pages.
NEW Enhanced Features!
Interchangeable Handi Feet: Quarter-inch ruler foot comes installed; open-toe foot included
Low-bobbin estimator and alarm: Estimates how much thread is on a full bobbin. Sounds an alarm when the bobbin thread is close to running out. Stores bobbin preset values for three different types of thread.
Four basting-stitch options: Basting stitches can be set to every half second, three-quarters of a second, one second, and two seconds.
Quilting alarm and timer: Set an alarm for how long you want to spend quilting. Set a timer to track how much time you spend on a quilt.
Set Language: Screens can be displayed in English, French, Spanish, or German.
Quilt Projects of All Sizes While Seated
- Full 16 inches of throat space
- Provides more than three times the quilting space of domestic sewing machines
- More than 8 inches vertical space
- Speeds up to 1500 precision stitches-per-minute
- High-speed rotary hook with large capacity M-class bobbin
- Useful half-stitch for basting or walking stitch, controlled with touch screen or foot pedal
- Smooth 30” x 36” table surface assures even quilting
- Additional 18" table extension available for both sides of the table
- Hopping foot prevents fabric movement during a full-stitch cycle
- Works with HQ rulers for perfect stitch-in-the-ditch and curved quilting lines
Easy-to-use system Designed by a Quilter, for Quilters®
- Easy setup and take-down
- Accommodates any thread: cotton, polyester, rayon, metallics, holographic, etc.; allows for bobbin work with larger threads
- Change needles easily with thumb screw
- Responsive foot pedal
- Innovative light ring illuminates the quilting area with 28 LEDS
- Can be upgraded to a stand-up machine if desired
- Adjustable color-touch screen
- Customizable speed control
- Save your preferred speed settings. Save one speed setting for slow, controlled quilting; one for free-motion; and another for fast all-over designs
- Stitch counters: lifetime and resettable trip meter
- Hardware, software and serial number information
- Volume control
- Built-in calculator
Warranty - Warranty 2 Years Mechanical and 2 Year Electronic/electrical
Width: 14 inches
Height: 20 inches
Length: 26 inches
Depth: 16 inches
Height: Over 8 inches
User Manual for Handi Quilter HQ16 Sweet Sixteen Sit Down Quilter Machine
PDF]HQ Sweet Sixteen Service Manual.indd - Handi Quilter
If you love to free-motion machine quilt but struggle to fit your project in a small throat space, you're going to love the HQ Sweet Sixteen®. Sixteen inches of throat space gives you room to quilt even a king-size quilt. The smooth surface of the included table allows your project to glide under the needle.
Getting Started: Set Up Installation,
Sit Down with the Handi Quilter HQ Sweet Sixteen. Handi Quilter September 2015 Webinar
- HQ Sweet Sixteen 16" Longarm Quilting Machine
- Included Table - Height Adjustable 26"- 42"
- 4 extra bobbins, 20 needles, sample thread pack
- Getting Started DVD
- Machine User Manual and instructions
- Ruler Foot
- Open Toe Foot
Donna wrote: "Just finished my first whole cloth quilt. I used the fine wale 60" corduroy purchased at your Baton Rouge store and signature cotton thread. The corduroy quilted great and is so soft, feels like velvet. I made my first quilt in Jan. and it was a hot mess but I decided to go to a 'Quilts for Kids' sew day at your store and I have been hooked ever since. This is the 42nd quilt I have made since Jan. I don't know if I would have ever attempted another quilt if it had not been for your sponsorship of 'Quilts for Kids' and being able to learn from Sharon and Gwenae. They were so friendly and helpful and didn't mind at all that I didn't have a clue what I was doing." Donna