- Light range leather work: Purses, handbags, pouches, wallets, notebook covers, vests
- Medium range leather work: Belts, knife sheaths, scabbards, quivers, horse blankets
- Heavy range leather work: Saddles, gun holsters, knife sheaths, harnesses, horse tack
Additionally it is also great for non-leather work applications such as tie down straps, boat/car covers, orthopaedics, thick paper binding, parachute harnesses, tarps, vinyl, canvas, synthetics, heavy webbing and more.
What makes the Techsew 5100 Special Edition so special?
*Techsew SmartServo-NP Needle Position Motor
The Techsew SmartServo-NP is an automatic needle positioning motor which saves you tons of time and effort while sewing. This powerful and versatile motor will automatically lift the needle at the end of a seam, or automatically leave it in the bottom position. This will eliminate the need to constantly turn your handwheel to position your needle.
At 4/5HP and 600W, The SmartServo-NP will help your machine power through thick leather at any of the 16 adjustable speed settings. Additionally, a speed reducer is used in combination with the SmartServo-NP motor for added power and speed control. This system is ideal for beginner, intermediate and expert sewers as well.
Techsew TLG Laser Guide
- This is a first on the market. The Techsew TLG Laser Guide provides a perfectly straight laser guided line directly in front of your needle. No more grooving your leather before sewing - now you'll get a perfectly straight seam every time by sewing right along the laser guided line.
Swing Down Roller Guide
- Our exclusive swing down roller guide will help guide the edge of your leather to deliver perfectly straight stitches. The swing down roller guide swings up and out of the way for when you want to turn your work or sew without it.
Flatbed Table Attachment
- Are you sewing long or flat items? The flatbed table attachment fits directly over the cylinder arm of the machine, instantly converting it to a flatbed machine. Now your large projects won't fall or hang over the edge of the cylinder bed.
Chrome Plated Presser Feet
- Our specialty presser feet are narrow for sewing into tight spaces and around edges. Plus they're chrome plated and smooth on the bottom so they won't mark up your leather. The center groover foot will set your stitches at the same level as your leather, protecting the stitches from the elements.
TS-5 LED Stitch Light
- The TS-5 LED Stitch Light will illuminate the sewing area, providing up to 10,000 hours of clear and bright light.
ALL EXCLUSIVE TO THE TECHSEW 5100 SPECIAL EDITION!
- Techsew Premium Bonded Nylon Thread
- Leather Sewing Needles
- Thread Lubrication Pot
- TS-28 LED Work Lamp
- Instruction manual
- Triple Feed - Walking Foot (needle feed + alternating presser feet + bottom feed)
- 1" Presser foot clearance
- Sews from 6oz all the way up to 7/8" sewing thickness
- 16.5" Cylinder bed
- Equipped with Techsew SmartServo-NP motor and speed reducer to sew at slow & controlled speeds - great for novice, intermediate and professional sewers
- Reverse stitch - for reinforcing stitches
- 12 inch heavy duty flywheel
- Reinforced steel pedestal style table with adjustable height (sew standing up or sitting down)
- Includes: Complete table with casters, SmartServo-NP motor, speed reducer,TS-28 LED lamp, TS-5 LED stitch light, TLG laser guide, swing down roller guide, flatbed table attachment, 3 pkgs of needles,5 bobbins, thread lube pot, left toe foot, double toe foot, center foot, smooth blanket foot set, 1 lb. (16oz) cone of thread, oiler, instruction manual, repair tools, thread clipper.
- Stitch length adjustment up to 11mm (7/16")
- Uses thread sizes 69 to 415
- Uses needle sizes 18 to 27
- Includes Limited Lifetime Warranty and FREE technical support for the life of your machine
- Machine comes pre-threaded, oiled, adjusted and READY TO SEW
- Needle sizes: 18 to 27
- Thread sizes: 69 to 415
- Presser foot clearance: 1"
- Sewing capacity: 6oz to 7/8" thick
- Cylinder bed length: 16.5"
- Maximum stitch length: 11mm
- Techsew SmartServo-NP motor: 600W, 4/5HP, 110V, 0 to 1800RPM, 18 speed settings with bright LED display, completely silent when idle and reduced noise during operation. The most POWERFUL servo motor in the industry.
- US Warranty 6 month manufacturer warranty
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
includes table, smartservo-np needle position motor, speed reducer, TLG laser guide, swing down roller guide, flatbed table attachment, specialty presser foot set, 3 pkgs diamond point needles, 8 bobbins, LED stitch light, instruction manual, instructional DVD, LED work lamp, 1 spool bonded nylon thread, thread lubrication pot.