Includes USB Stick, Color Screen, 173 Designs, 35 Disney, 140 Frames, 16 Fonts , Part of the Q-Series lineup, the Innov-ís NQ3500D is the ideal machine for hobbyists of all skill levels. Take advantage of the 290 built-in sewing stitches, or make your own with the Brother exclusive My Custom Stitch™ feature. Easily import designs from your USB memory stick, expanding your deisgn capabilities beyond the generous 173 built-in embroidery designs, which include 35 designs featuring Disney characters. Your creativity has virtually no limits.
* Synchrony Bank 18 Months No Interest Financing with Equal Monthly Pay plus any applicable taxes. Apply online. Transaction Code 118 Synchrony will advise you of any maximum amount or full credit that you can use towards purchase.
Available Now! Part of the Q-Series lineup, the Innov-ís NQ3500D is the ideal machine for hobbyists of all skill levels. Take advantage of the 290 built-in sewing stitches, or make your own with the Brother exclusive enhanced My Custom Stitch™ feature. Easily import designs from your USB memory stick, expanding your design capabilities beyond the generous 173 built-in embroidery designs, which include 35 designs featuring Disney characters. Your creativity has virtually no limits.
- 290 built-in stitches, including 58 combineable stitches and 10 styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes, and 5 sewing lettering fonts
- 173 built-in embroidery designs, including 35 designs featuring Disney characters, 140 frame pattern combinations and 11 embroidery lettering fonts
- Large 6" x 10" embroidery area
- 8.3" from needle to arm
- 14% larger workspace*
- 3.7" color LCD touch screen display
- Built-in USB port to import designs from your memory stick, EXPANDING your design capabilities beyond the generous 173 built-in embroidery designs, including 35 designs featuring Disney characters!
- Embroider and sew up to 850 stitches per minute
- Automatic Height Adjuster™ (AHA®) feature
- Pivot Function for fast and easy fabric manipulation
- Enhanced My Custom Stitch™ feature with the ability to combine and edit custom and built-in decorative stiches
- On-screen editing includes letter editing, enhanced zoom, resizing, rotating, repositioning and combining designs
- Over 5,000 designs available for individual purchase at iBroidery.com. Free monthly designs!
Brother has released the update software for the following product on Brother Solutions Center:
NQ3500D - Update to Version 1.09
This update software improves the following:
- Sew reinforcement stitching when using the pivot function or the free motion sewing mode.
- Machines ability to stop when pressing the Presser Foot Lifter button on the reverse (reinforcement) stitch sewing.
- Stitch preview
Improved Fabric Feeding
Custom Stitch Design
Quilting Is Even More Fun & Easy with Q Series Special Features. Our machines are built to quilt. Longer J-foot and Feed Dogs powerfully feed fabric. Securely feed fabric through with longer contact. The wide work table is perfect for large projects. There's so much to love about the Q series. Watch to learn more!
- US Warranty 25 years head, 6 years electronics, 2 years labor
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Operation Manual Brother Innov-is NQ3500D Embroidery and Sewing Machine
Quick Reference GuideBrother Innov-is NQ3500D Embroidery and Sewing Machine
Pattern Design List and Images, Brother Innov-is NQ3500D Embroidery and Sewing Machine
- LCD Size (Horizontal x Vertical) inches - 3.2"x1.8"
- Adjustable Screen Brightness Settings - Yes
- Stitch Select - Touch Panel and Touch Sensor
- Screensaver - No
- On-Screen Help - Yes
- Built-in Languages - Yes
- Zoom Function - Yes
- On-Screen Editing - Yes
- Realistic Preview - Yes
- Lighting - 2 LEDs
- Table - No
- Needle Threading System - Advanced
- Independent Bobbin Winding Motor - No
- Thread Sensor - Upper and Bobbin
- Thread Sensor On/Off - No
- Automated Upper and Lower Thread Cutting - Yes
- Quick-Set™ Bobbin - Yes
- Built-in Memory - Yes
- USB - Yes
- Computer Connectivity with Update Capability - Yes
- Cable - Yes
- Work Space (Height & Width) inches - 4.1"x8.3"
- Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) - 850
- Knee Lifter - Yes
- Feed Dog - 7, longer ver.
- Back to Beginning Key - Yes
- Built-in Sewing Stitches (Includes Buttonhole Styles) - 290
- Buttonhole Styles - 10 one-step
- Built-in Sewing Lettering Fonts - 5 (3 alphabet fonts, Cyrillic font, Japanese font)
- Stitch Width - 7mm
- Stitch Length - 5mm
- My Custom Stitch™ Feature - Yes
- Sideways Sewing - Yes
- Start/Stop Button - Yes
- Speed Control - Yes
- Needle Position Key (Up/Down) - Yes
- Automatic Height Adjuster™ AHA® Feature - Yes
- Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment - Yes
- Presser Foot Leveling - Yes
- Pivot Function - Yes
- Drop Feed/Free Motion - Manual
- Free Motion Quilting Foot - Yes
- Built-in Quilting Stitches - Yes
- Included Quilting Feet - Yes
- Specialty Feet Included - Yes
- Maximum Embroidery Area (X x Y) - 6"x10"
- Maximum Embroidery Speed (Stitches Per Minute) - 850
- Speed Adjustment - Yes
- Built-in Embroidery Designs (Non-License) - 138
- Built-in Embroidery Designs featuring Disney/Pixar® Characters - 35
- Built-in Alphabet Fonts - 11
- Built-in Alphabet Designs - Yes
- Monogramming Font Styles - No
- Built-in Frame Designs - 10 Shapes x 14 Stitch Patterns
- InnovEye™ Technology - No
- Snowman® Embroidery Positioning Marker - No
- Thread Wiper - No
- Resume Function - Yes
- Trial Position/Layout Function - Yes
- Built-in Border Function & Designs - No
- Sewing Decorative Stitches with Embroidery Arm Attached - No
- Appliqué Creator Function - No
- Automatic Feed Thread Cutting - No
- Curving Text on Screen Editing - Yes
- Space Reduction among Embroidery Alphabets - Yes
- Pattern Rotating - 1, 10, or 90 Degrees
- Drag and Drop Editing - Yes
- Onscreen Automatic Density Adjustment (STB) - No
- My Custom Design™ Feature - No
- Color Shuffling™ Function - No
- Print and Stitch™ Technology - No
- Programmable Monochrome Embroidery - No
- Accessory Storage - Accessory bag
Included Accessory Feet: Zigzag Foot, Monogramming Foot, Overcasting Foot, Zipper Foot, Blind Stitch Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Fitting Foot, Embroidery Foot, Open Toe Foot, Non-stick Foot, Stitch Guide Foot, Adjustable Zipper / Piping Foot, Free-motion Quilting Foot
- Other Included Accessories: Needle set, Bobbin (4), Bobbin center pin and instruction sheet, Seam ripper, Scissors, Cleaning brush, Eyelet punch, Screwdriver (large), Screwdriver (small), L-shaped screwdriver, Disc-shaped screwdriver, Horizontal spool pin, Spool caps (4 – large, 2 medium, small), Thread spool insert (mini king thread spool), Spool net, Knee lifter, Standard bobbin case (green marking on the screw), Alternate bobbin case (no color on the screw), Foot controller, Embroidery frame sets (2 – extra-large and large), Embroidery bobbin thread (60 weight, white), Accessory bag, Hard case, Grid sheet set, Operation manual, Quick reference guide, Embroidery design guide, Power supply cord: UL CSA-LF, Instruction book: Disney, Registration sheet, Premium Warranty for US, 2&5 Warranty for US,
- Accessory leaflet
- Included Embroidery Hoops - 2 (6" x 10" and 5" x 7")
- Warranty - 2/6/25 year premium warranty. See premium warranty for details
- Machine Dimensions (H x W x D) - 27.28" x 16.57" x 11.81"
- Machine Weight - 30.64 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions (H x W x D) - 26.87" x 22.48" x 21.97"
- Shipping Weight - 46.29 lbs
- Quick Reference Stitch Guides
Since the NQ3500D arrived, I’ve been “playing” with it every day as a beginner quilter, and embroiderer. This machine is impressive. It set up easily for me. I was able to learn how to attach and detach the embroidery parts when I needed to without too much trouble. Brother sent all of the manuals – which by the way saved me more than once. “Just read the manual!”. I’m not much of a manual reader obviously but I did force myself to sit down and go through them. Brother has done an excellent job of providing a visual step-by-step for just about every single adjustment you’d ever need to make on the NQ3500D. Learning to use to touch pad was no trouble, however not all of the symbols were familiar to me, so again, it’s a very quick check within the manual to figure it out. One feature that had both pros and cons was the “bobbin soon empty” warning that pops up on the LCD touch screen display. Unless there is a reason to leave 12″ or more of your bobbin thread to throw away every time, you are forced to push the “go” button every five stitches to use up the thread still on the bobbin. Perhaps changing the parameters within that programming would help others using this machine too. Winding the bobbin took some practice, and, careful attention until I got the hang of it. For some reason, I had my thread winding around the bobbin post, instead of the bobbin when I tried to wind it. :( Every sewing machine has it’s own personality and quirks, etc. This is a machine that would take me a good six months to master fully and feel confident using as my main machine. Remember, I’m really a rookie embroiderer and quilter with the attention span of a gnat! The NQ3500D is a licensed Disney embroidery machine! Of course this machine is fully computerized (with USB input to import designs from your memory stick) and offers many of the features that the Brother DreamWeaver has, such as the automatic thread cutter that worked perfectly every single time, and the needle threader, which I will admit, I had to get the hang of but as soon as I mastered it, it worked perfectly every single time. The first embroidery design that I set up, and ran worked beautifully. (phew!) The stitch tension I did not adjust, not once! My stitches had perfect tension, every single time. The stitch speed was pretty good. Comparing the speed of this machine to the speed of my industrial machines shows the computerized NQ3500D slower, but fast enough for a domestic home machine. I really loved the ability to adjust the speed with the slider on the head of the machine, and the ability to start, stop, back-stitch, with one finger, rather than the foot pedal. I did not install or use the foot pedal at all. The presser feet were easy to switch and identify, each in their very own place inside the flip-open storage compartment at the front of the machine. Each stitch, and design presented on the touch screen, also indicated which presser foot should be used to eliminate guessing, and saved me time. The Brother NQ3500D test was fun, productive, and I learned a lot. Everything was beautiful.