AllBrands is a Brother Authorized Dealer and ASC Authorized Service Center for any repairs including warranty parts, electrical and labor. We give unlimited technical support by email, fax and phone. We service machines in our stores and/or refer to your nearest ASC Brother Authorized Factory Service and Warranty Centers nationwide. Mass merchants do not have tech service or repair departments for your equipment. They are unable to help you directly, only referring any operational, mechanical or electronic questions back to the manufacturer instead of taking care of the problems themselves. Manufacturers and customers should expect that any problems you have will be taken care of by the dealer or merchant who sold you the equipment, not by just referring your questions back to the manufacturer.
The computerized SE-400 combination embroidery and sewing combination machine is designed to help you give your projects a customized, high-end look—all while being priced to fit your budget! Brother PE500 at the same price does not have any sewing functions, only embroidery.
Featuring 70 built-in embroidery designs, 67 built-in sewing stitches, 120 frame pattern combinations and 5 embroidery lettering fonts, the SE-400 is the perfect machine for all your sewing, embroidery, crafting and home décor projects. Computer connectivity allows you to easily import embroidery designs directly from your computer. Features like the automatic needle threading system and backlit touch screen LCD make working on the machine easy on your eyes, while the Quick-SetTM drop-in top bobbin, easy bobbin-winding system and built-in push-button thread cutter add a new level of convenience to your sewing and embroidery crafting. With an impressive assortment of included accessories, the SE-400 is truly an affordable, feature-rich choice for the budding fashion designer.
- Computer connectivity - Import designs and download machine updates from Brother. Computer Connectivity, USB Port & Cable to Transfer Designs from Your Computer, or to Update the Main PC Board to Latest Version number with Free Downloads from BrotherSolutions.com website.
- 70 built-in embroidery designs, 5 monogramming fonts and 120 frame pattern combinations
- 67 built-in sewing stitches with 98 stitch functions
- Easy-to-view back-lit, touch screen LCD display
- On-screen reference guide in 16 languages
- Quick-Set™ drop-in bobbin and automatic needle threader
- Built-in push button thread cutter
- Large 4” x 4” embroidery area
- Brightly lit LED work area
- Fast, automatic bobbin winding
- One-touch start stop, reverse operations
- Operates with or without foot control
- Full Assortment of Accessories
- Electronic Variable Sewing Speed Control allows you to choose the most comfortable sewing speed for your project
- Free arm/flatbed convertible sewing surface
- Quick change presser feet
- Stitch width and length control
- Adjustable thread tension control
- Safety power and light switch
- Lightweight with built-in handle for portability
- Instruction booklet in English and Spanish
- Model Number: SE-400
The computerized SE-400 combination embroidery and sewing machine is designed to help you give your projects a customized, high-end look -- all while being priced to fit your budget!
Featuring 70 built-in embroidery designs, 67 built-in sewing stitches, 120 frame pattern combinations and 5 embroidery lettering fonts, the SE-425 is the perfect machine for all your sewing, embroidery, crafting and home décor projects.
Computer connectivity allows you to enjoy future machine updates and easily import and digitize embroidery designs directly from your computer. Features like the automatic needle threading system and backlit touch screen LCD make working on the machine easy on your eyes, while the Quick-Set™ drop-in top bobbin, easy bobbin-winding system and built-in push-button thread cutter add a new level of convenience to your sewing and embroidery crafting.
With an impressive assortment of included accessories, the SE-425 is truly an affordable, feature-rich choice for the budding fashion designer.
- US Warranty 25 Years Mechanical Parts, 2 Years Electrical Parts, 1 Year Service Labor on defects in material or workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Click Here for Brother SE400/SE425 Sewing and Embroidery Machine OPERATION MANUAL Instruction Book
Click Here for Brother SE400/SE425 Sewing and Embroidery Machine QUICK SET UP REFERENCE GUIDE
Click Here for Brother SE400/SE425 Sewing and Embroidery Machine USB CONNECTIONS Instruction Book
Built-in Decorative Stitches: Yes
Quilting stitch functions: Yes
Heirloom stitch functions: Yes
Stitch Length: up to 5.0 mm
Stitch Attributes: Mirror, twin, multi-directional, side cutter, satin stitch regulator
Stitch Width: up to 7.0 mm
Reinforcement Function: Yes
Utility stitch functions: Yes
Decorative Patterns: Yes
Monogramming Fonts: 5
Frame Patterns: 10 frames, 12 patterns
Media Recognition: Memory Cards
- On-Screen Editing: Yes
- Display Control Panel: Backlit, Touch Screen 38 mm x 71 mm
- Compatible with PE-Design/PED Basic: Yes
- Design Memory: Yes (sewing/embroidery)
- Software Upgrades: Yes
- USB Update Capabilities: Yes
- Embroidery File Formats: .PES and .DST embroidery data files are compatible with this machine.
- Accessory Storage Yes
- Carrying Case No
- In the box 7 feet (buttonhole, overcastting, monogramming, zipper, zigzag, blind hem, and button fitting), seam ripper, 4 bobbins including clips, needle set, twin needle, cleaning brush, eyelet punch, screwdriver, touch pen, 3 spool caps, spool pin, spool net, foot controller, scissors, disc-shaped screwdriver, embroidery hoop, accessory case, hard cover, and manual.
Bobbin winding system: Super Easy Bobbin Winding System
Bobbin: Top (horizontal)/Drop-in Quick Set™
Needle Threading System: Advanced
Thread Sensors: Upper Thread and Bobbin Sensors
Upper Thread Tension System for perfect stitches on any fabric: Manual
Needle Positions: 15
Thread Cutter Button: Push-Button Automatic
# of needles: Single needle machine
Drop Feed Function: Yes
LCD Touch Control Panel: Backlit, Touch Screen 38 mm x 71 mm
Maximum Sewing Speed (stitch per minute): 710
Free Arm: Yes
Presser Foot Attachment: Snap-on
Presser Foot Pressure: Auto
Maximum Embroidery Field: 4” x 4”
- UPC Code: 012502619703
English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Japanese, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, and Thai
- Buttonhole foot
- Overcasting foot
- Monogramming foot
- Zipper foot
- Zigzag foot
- Blindstitch foot
- Button fitting foot
- Embroidery foot
- Seam ripper
- 4 bobbins
- 3 bobbin
- Needle set
- Twin needle
- Eyelet punch
- Touch pen
- Spool caps (large, medium & small)
- Extra spool pin
- Spool net
- Foot control & power cord
- 4" x 4" embroidery hoop
- Accessory bag
- Quick reference guide
- Language setting sheet
- Embroidery unit
Brother International Corporation has developed and posted solutions for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the Brother SE-400 Computerized Potable Sewing and Embroidery Machine. We hope you find this information helpful.
Click Here to learn how to retrieve a specific embroidery pattern from the computer.
To view a handy chart concerning the appropriate thread and needle for various fabrics,
When creating a design using PR-Design (PE-Design, PE-Design Lite or PE-Basic), Click Here to learn what Design Page Size is for your machine.
Click Here for embroidery tips.
Lubrication is not necessary on the SE-400. Do not attempt to oil the machine in any area.
Click here to download a copy of the Brother SE400 User's Guide.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Brother SASCKIT1 29pc Sewing Machine Starter Kit Thread Bobbins Needles Feet* (+$39.99, You Save $10.00)
Brother SAEPKIT1 51 Piece Embroidery Machine Starter Kit (+$49.99, You Save $20.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$169.99, You Save $30.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag 17x13x12" for Sew, Quilt, Emb, Serger Machines* (+$29.99, You Save $20.00)
Acme 13669 4.5" Thread Scissors Trimmers, Ball Bearing, Spring Loaded (+$4.99, You Save $15.00)