- Compatible with Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
- Required: Super Giant Cutting Plastic (60008) and Super Giant Die Tray (406120)
- Cuts eight 5" (13 cm) squares
- Quilters are likely to cut hundreds--even thousands--of squares over their quilting careers. Precision is critical to make the shapes fit together well. AccuQuilt offers a variety of dies that include squares in different sizes and configurations. All of them cut perfectly every time!
- Start by cutting 11" strips into your fabric.
- Then fold your fabric in half and cut 16 - 5" squares across the width of the fabric.
- You can make 48 - 5" squares out of 1 yard of fabric.
To create an applique
Compatible Fabric Cutter: Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
Cutting Mat/Plastic Required: Cutting Plastic, 15 in. x 26 in. (38.1 cm x 26 cm) Item 60008
Cut Size: (8) - 5" (13 cm) squares
Finished Size: 4 1/2" (12 cm)
Die Board Size: Super Giant, 13.75 in x 26 in (35 cm x 66 cm)
Weight in lbs.: 10
Warranty: Limited One Year
Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson love AccuQuilt!
Show per page
time saving Review by Betty
5 inch charm squares in a flash, quick for baby charity quilts, the best!
(Posted on 10/16/14)
Charm Square Galore! Review by Jenny
Wow! This is so awesome to be able to cut out so many charm squares all in one pass through the cutter! It is perfect for cutting up fat quarters into smaller squares for the 4 patch blocks. I used 5 FQ folded in half to cut out 80 squares. Used 36ea to make 2 charm square baby quilts all in one pass! Can you say awesome enough times?! Don't know what I'd do with out my Studio cutter!!
(Posted on 1/18/14)
Lovin' it Review by Mary
The second die I tried & I'm hooked. Disappearing nine-patch is one of my favorite patterns & I cut the blocks for a baby quilt in minutes. Since breaking my wrist, it is difficult for me to hold the ruler steady and this makes every block exact!! I also use it for cutting squares for use on my embroidery machine for the little zipper coin pouches I make by the basketfuls.
(Posted on 12/4/13)
Disappearing 9 patches in no time! Review by Tracey
Love this die! It helps me whip out the squares needed to make 'disappearing 9 patch" squares and thus a multitude of unique quilt blocks in no time at all. Can't wait to experiment with it for 'disappearing 4 patches!"
(Posted on 11/2/13)
Angle of sqaures Review by Mary
Why did you angle the squares on the die cut? I think it would be easier if it was like you 2 1/2 die cut then you could fan the material with the grain of fabric. thank you
(Posted on 9/30/13)
should have bought this months ago Review by Suzan
It's very easy to cut out a whole quilt quickly with this die. I think I got a bit carried away and now have piles of 5" squares out of yardage that's just been sitting in my stash for (whisper it) years.
(Posted on 3/4/13)
super fast charms Review by mo
I am loving this for cutting fast, accurate charm squares - 80 at a go!
(Posted on 3/2/12)