- Compatible with: Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
- Required: Super Giant Cutting Plastic (PK270) and Super Giant Die Tray (406120)
- Cuts five strips at a time, each strip 24" (61 cm) long
Storage: Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Care & Maintenance: Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.
- US Warranty 1 year limited warranty on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Compatible Fabric Cutter: Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
Cutting Mat/Plastic Required: Cutting Plastic, 15 in. x 26 in. (38.1 cm x 26 cm) Item 60008
Cut Size: 5 - 2 1/2" (6 cm) strips
Finished Size: 2" (5 cm) strip
Die Board Size: Super Giant, 13.75 in x 26 in (35 cm x 66 cm)
Weight in lbs.: 9
Warranty: Limited One Year
Strip Cutter dies on super giant die boards are a must have when cutting lots of strips. They quickly cut 22" width of folded fabric right off the bolt--up to 10 layers at a time!
Ebony Love of LoveBug Studios demonstrates how to properly fold and cut accurate bias binding strips using the 2-1/2" strip cutter. Demonstrated on an AccuQuilt Studio using the 2-1/2" strip die (50612) and a 42" square length of fabric. This technique can be used on any fabric die-cutting system, including Sizzix, although this particular die is not compatible. Instructions also apply to the AccuQuilt GO
Great Die for strips Review by Patricia
I can't tell you how much time this die has saved me, yea it is pricey, but I bought it when I first got my studio cutter and I used it over and over. I made a bunch of White cotton strips and keep around for sashing and I also cut strips out of left over pieces of fabric for bindings. Love it!
(Posted on 12/1/14)
A must have Review by Carmilyn
I'm telling you if I could only have one die this one would be it. But lucky for me I have a few others as well. This makes beautifully accurate strips and great for scrap busting as well. It is already getting a work out.
(Posted on 11/29/14)
Strip Die Review by Roberta
The Studio Strip 2 1/2 inch die is such a time saver. I am currently using it on Bonnie Hunter's current Mystery Quilt, Grand Illusion.
I cut the strips and put them on the die width way and cut the strips into squares. Fantastic!
(Posted on 11/29/14)
Love It Review by tanya
I love this die...its so quick and easy to cut strips and the cuts are so clean and accurate every time...mine gets very heavy use with my business and it just keeps on cutting and cutting!! Best money I ever spent!!
(Posted on 11/19/14)
Love It Review by Patricia
This is the most used die I have. I am getting sew much more done since I bought the studio and this die. Being able to cut the strips and then cross cut for 2 1/2 squares is so much fun .
(Posted on 11/17/14)
Fabulous!! Review by Kathryn
This strip cutter is fabulous!! All of my scraps are cut and ready to be used. I was so excited that I turned some of the strips, and have beautiful 2 1/2 inch squares!
(Posted on 11/14/14)
SASHINGS AND BORDERS AND BINDINGS - OH MY ! Review by Alfred K and Betty
Versitile is the only word for this SUPER GIANT STRIP CUTTER (2-1/2"). I am working on a large Log Cabin top. I giggled like a little girl when I realized I had the tool to actually cut ALL the pieces for the project on one cutter..... in ONE DAY. With time left over to begin piecing... GOTTA LOVE THE SUPER GIANT STRIP CUTTER!
(Posted on 10/29/14)
Strips Die Review by Margaret
I love my strip dies. No waste in between the strips. Good for Scrappy or yardages.
(Posted on 10/27/14)
Amazing Review by Betty
The first die I purchased and totally in love. I am able to be accurate and cut time of cutting for charity quilts, totally amazing :)
(Posted on 10/16/14)
Outstanding die ! Review by Rolo Tech
This die is useful for a myriad of projects, it's fast, totally accurate, saves tons of time and the end results always look professional.
(Posted on 10/9/14)