*Optional Stands below. Compare to Silver Reed SK280 Knitting Machine and SRP60 Ribber Bed at the bottom of this page, which were also made for Singer Studio and Knitmaster
*Optional Stands below. Compare to Silver Reed SK280 Knitting Machine and SRP60 Ribber Bed at the bottom of this page, which were also made for Singer Studio and Knitmaster Note: Hello John, Please remove the Artisan 245 from your web page. I've run out of them. I won't have any more until I order again from China which will be quite some time. I will let you know when they are in stock once again. Artisan Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM
- 4.5 Mm Needle Spacing
- 400 Needle Double Bed
- Punch card Knitting Machine
- Includes 20 prepunched cards with knitter and 10 with ribber. Blank cards and hand punch special order.
- Stand shown not included. New style tressel leg stand now available.
- US Warranty 30 Days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- The Artisan JBL-245 is a metal bed Standard Gauge (4.5mm) punchcard machine, complete with detachable ribber
- Capable of all common machine knitting stitches, including stockinet, tuck, slip, fairisle, thread lace, knit weaving, and plating
- The 24 stitch punchcard mechanism will accept all existing punch cards from Brother, Studio and Toyota machines
- It also does ribbing, fisherman's rib, circular knitting, and double jacquard
- This machine is extremely similar to the Singer Studio 700 series machines (now Silver Reed SK280), so those who are familiar with these machines will feel very comfortable with this one.
The first number is the amount of plys used to create the yarn. The last number is the diameter of the finished strand. The higher the last number the finer the yarn. A common fingering weight yarn used on standard gauge machines is about a 2/15. 2/24 is about half the diameter of fingering weight yarn.