- Compatible with: Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
- Required: Super Giant Cutting Plastic (60008) and Super Giant Die Tray (406120)
- Cuts eight strips at a time, each strip 24" (61 cm) long
Storage: Store Studio dies in AccuQuilt die storage cases or storage racks.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting plastic that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Care & Maintenance: Use adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies. After each use, with the die pick provided with the cutter, remove any threads imbedded between blades and foam. It's normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick. Die blades never need to be sharpened.
Warranty: AccuQuilt Studio dies are guaranteed for one year.
Compatible Fabric Cutter: Studio 2 Fabric Cutter (50450), Studio Fabric Cutter (50800)
Cutting Mat/Plastic Required: Cutting Plastic, 15 in. x 26 in. (38.1 cm x 26 cm) Item 60008
Cut Size: 8 - 1 1/2" (3 cm) strips
Finished Size: 1" (2 cm) strip
Die Board Size: Super Giant, 13.75 in x 26 in (35 cm x 66 cm)
Warranty: Limited One Year
Carolyn and Lee show us the different sizes of smaller-sized Studio strip cutters ranging from 3.4" to 2", and traditionally used for mosaic and miniature quilts, narrow accent borders and narrow sashing; 1-3/4" and 2" strip perfect for log cabin blocks. Studio strip cutter die boards are designed to cut folded fabric right off the bolt—up to 10 layers at a time!