* Synchrony Bank 12 Months 0% No Interest Financing. Equal Monthly Pay plus any applicable taxes. Apply online. Transaction Code 112 Synchrony will advise you of your maximum amount or full credit that you can use towards purchase.
If you want all the features of a 2-3-4-5 thread serger without coverhem stitches, Juki MO655 is the best and most reliable mechanical serger model without electronics. Best Buy 2 3 4 5 Thread True Safety Stitch Overlock Serger on the market for knits and wovens. Use 2, 3 & 4 Threads for knits and lightweight wovens. 5 thread for woven seams. Only the MO735 with coverhem stitches is better.
AllBrands is an Authorized Juki Dealer and Service Center for any repairs needed including warranty parts, electrical and labor. We give unlimited technical support by email, fax and phone. We service machines in our stores. Mass merchants do not have tech service or repair departments for your equipment. They are unable to help you directly, only referring any operational, mechanical or electronic questions back to the manufacturer instead of taking care of the problems themselves. Manufacturers and customers should expect that any problems you have will be taken care of by the dealer or merchant who sold you the equipment, not by just referring your questions back to the manufacturer.
- 3-Needle Positions, 2 back and 1 front
- 2/3/4/5 Thread Overlock Stitch Combinations
- Built-In Rolled Hemming with 2 or 3 Threads
- No need to change needle plate
- External Controls for Stitch Length and Differential Feed
- Differential Feed Gathers Lightweight Fabric & Chainstitch
- 5 Thread True Safety Stitch Serger Machine
Juki Home Serger Comparison Chart
Color Coded Threading Guides throughout the machine make threading easy and efficient
Adjustable Stitch Length within the range of 1 -4mm, by turning the knob conveniently located on the right-hand exterior of the machine
1-Rotation Thread Tension Dials with normal tensions highlighted for simple, consistent tension adjustment
Adjustable Differential Feed is controlled and adjusted by turning the knob conveniently located on the right-hand exterior of the machine
Lower Knife Adjustment Knob adjusts the lower knife quickly to change the width of fabric in the seam allowance, for perfect seams and rolled edges
Heavy Duty Knife System operates with dedicated drive to assure consistent and easy cutting of light to heavy weight fabrics
Automatic Rolled Hemming can be created with built-in finger tip control – there is no need to change the foot or plate
Sewing Light is placed to give optimum lighting to the fabric and needle areas
Multi-Purpose Foot is equipped with a slotted tape guide for sewing woven tape, elastic, sequins and ribbon
2/3 Thread Converter is easy to install and allows 1 needle thread and one lower looper thread for securing overedging
Sewing Width Gauge takes the guesswork out of seam allowances and is conveniently located on the guard cover
Upper and Lower Loopers are industrial strength for durability and handle a full range of decorative threads
Lower Looper Threader allows for easy threading in seconds by simply sliding the thread into a slot and snapping the looper back in place
Chain Looper Threader snaps down for easy threading by push button and snaps back, out of the way, when serging
Auxiliary Bed is supplied as standard for use in the chainstitch mode
- US Warranty 5 Years Mechanical, 2 Years Electrical, 90 Days Adjustments on defects in material or workmanship.
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Click HERE for Catalog Brochure on Juki MO600 Series Serger Line Up
Click Here to View Juki MO-655 Exploded Parts Diagram and List Manual
- Sewing Speed: max. 1,500 spm
- Number of Threads: 2/3/4/5 threads
- Needle: household machine size 11 or 14
- Overlock width: chain needle 10 mm; left needle, 6 mm; right needle, 4 mm; rolled hem, 2 mm
- Stitch Length 1 - 4 mm (standard: 2.5 mm); rolled hem, 1.0 - 1.5 mm
- Differential Feed: 0.7 : 2.0 ratio
- Tension: industrial type dial / 1 rotation
- Built-In Rolled Hemming: right (narrow) or left (wide) needle / 2 or 3 thread
- Flatlock: right (narrow) or left (wide) needle / 2 or 3 thread
- Universal Presser Foot: tape, ribbon, narrow elastic application
- Presser Foot Lift: 5 mm
- Dimensions: 315 mm (w) x 295 mm (h) x 345 mm (d)
- Weight: 7.2 kg (15.5 lbs)
- 2 Thread adaptor
- Thread nets for threads and cones that puddle the thread under spools
- Foam cushions on thread stand for cones and spools
- Needle threader
- Extra stationary knife cutter blade
- 5 Serger needles
- 5 spool caps for cylinder thread spools
- 5 holders for 3-5000 yard cone spools
- Lint brush
- Large falt blade screwdriver for needle plat screws
- Small flat brade screwdriver for needle set screws
- Warranty Card
- Instruction manual
- Parts list
(A)Alice, Juki overhead knifes do cut thicker compressed fabrics easier than recessed knives which don't lift up as high. It doesn't make any difference which Juki model since they all have the same motor power. We do recommend either the MO655 5 Thread Safety Stitch or MO735 which adds coverhem stitches. Annette is our serger teacher, started with the 655 and now has the 735 which is easier to use. John
Prior Post: My wife Annette Douthat had the Juki MO655 (Now MO735) at home and she is our serger teacher consultant. I am also one of the serger mechanics. The 655 has the wider 5- thread true safety stitch seam for woven fabrics which the White 2000 serger does not have. Both have the 3 or 4 thread mock safety seams which is better for knitted fabrics. The Juki also has an easier built in roll hem with sliding stitch finger on the needle plate, that you do not have to remove like the White. Juki's overhead knife is stronger, will lift higher and will cut more thickness than the recessed knives on the White. Juki makes the 655 with industrial style loopers and needle guards, better reliability, and less service requirement over the life of the machine because of fewer parts and better assembly than the White which is made by Jaguar in China. John M. Douthat, AllBrands Owner & Tech
The safety feature prevents the machine from serging until the doors are closed on the machine.
What types of feet are available?
2/3 thread converter, blind stitch presser foot, beading presser foot, elasticator presser foot, piping presser foot, gathering presser foot, cording presser foot, snap-on/off presser foot replacement.
What is the difference between the Juki 655 and the Juki 655DE?
The Juki 655 and Juki 655DE are one and the same. Even though the box says Juki 655 without the "DE", there is only one version available.
Which is the best type of serger to buy?
It all depends on how you would use a serger.
If you would only overcast single layers to keep them from raveling, a 3 thread serger would do like Juki MO623: http://www.sewingmachinestore.com/products/abp02533.html
If you seam knits, a 4 thread mock safety stitch is best Like Juki 654DE:
If you seam wovens, the best stitch is a 5 thread safety stitch like Juki 655:
All sergers do roll hems and differential feed, so the difference is how many threads you might use.
Some sergers even have the coverhem stitch with 2 or 3 straight stitches on top and a serger stitch on bottom. Juki has the best of all in the new MO735
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Juki Bernina MO Serger Instructional Interactive Electronic Workbook CD (+$9.99, You Save $40.00)
Organ HAx1 15x1 130R 100 Chrome Plated Sewing Machine Needles Retail Store (+$19.99, You Save $10.00)
SuperLock 12x3000Yd Cones Multi Use Poly 40wt Thread Kit Assorted Colors (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag 17x13x12" for Sew, Quilt, Emb, Serger Machines* (+$19.99, You Save $30.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget II Folding Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" Lg Opening 13-1/8" x 24-3/8" (+$169.99, You Save $28.01)
Clauss 10721 8" Metal Dressmaker Scissors Shears, Bent Trimmers, Italy (+$9.99, You Save $20.00)