Singer Curvy 8780 Full Feature List
Singer Curvy 8780 Instruction Manual
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- With just a simple push of a button you have selected the stitch and the optimum settings for length, width, balance, pressure and tension. With the built-in memory you can combine stitch patterns, alphabets and numbers for endless possibilties.
SwiftSmart™ Threading System
- Digital technology makes threading a cinch! Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever for truly one-touch threading!
Drop & Sew™ Bobbin System
- There’s no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing. Just drop and sew!
3 StayBright™ LED Lights
- Not just one but three lamps illuminate the sewing surface for optimal viewing. The long-lasting bulbs (100,000 hours) stay cool regardless how long the machine is operated.
225 Built-In Stitches
- A large variety of stitches for construction, embroidery, fashion sewing, quilting, heirloom, crafts, home decorating and decorative sewing. Plus, a stitch guide highlighting when and how to use built-in stitches is included. 6 Essential, 5 Stretch, 207 Decorative, 7 Buttonholes
Six Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonholes
- Choose from six different one-step buttonhole styles. Create perfectly sized buttonholes every time, no matter how many you want to make.
1 Endless Buttonhole
- Allows you to create buttonholes with infinitely long sides.
Block Alphabets & Numerals Included
- Personalize any project with a monogram.
- Combine stitch patterns and alphabets for endless possibilities.
- Use this setting for stippling, button sewing and more!
- The LCD screen provides clear and easy viewing of stitch patterns including stitch length and width.
Programmable Needle Up/Down
- The programmable needle up/down feature is vital for quilters when piecing together patchworks. Select to have the needle stop in the down position when appliquéing, quilting or pivoting fabric. When removing the fabric from the machine, the needle must be raised to the highest position.
Electronic Twin Needle Control
- Twin needle sewing creates two parallel rows of stitching, adding a decorative touch to any project. With the electronic twin needle control, stitches are automatically adjusted for twin needle sewing in a snap. Full instructions are included in the manual.
Mirror Image and Continuous Pattern
- Stitches can be mirror imaged with just a touch of a button. Individual stitches can be sewn together as a pattern just as easily
- This system ensures stable stitch quality, whatever type of fabric is being used.
Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- The amount of pressure exerted on the fabric by the presser foot against the feed dogs is automatic. Sew from the lightest weight tricots to the heaviest denim, without making presser foot adjustments.
Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Offers more clearance, which is needed when placing multiple layers of bulky fabric under the presser foot
- Provides professional results and easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas
Automatic Stitch Length & Width
- Automatic optimal settings for length and width can be overridden to personalize length choice.
Center Zigzag Taper
- When tapering with the zigzag stitch, the stitch tapers to the center, not the left or right. This provides a more attractive look when tapering into or out from a point.
Automatic Tacking Stitch Function
- Tie-off decorative stitches with just a push of a button. With 4 tiny tacking stitches the start and end of the pattern is reinforced. This ensures quality stitching and prevents unraveling.
Automatic Tie-Off Function
- This function reinforces the start and end of seams for stronger stitching.
- Push the conveniently located Automatic Reverse Button to sew in reverse and reinforce the stitch.
- With a maximum sewing speed of 750 stitches-per-minute, projects can be sewn quickly.
- Provides instant start up and stop with no casting, for accurate and precise stitch placement
Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch
- Needle bar automatically disengages when winding the bobbin, making bobbin winding safer
6-Segment Feeding System with Box Feed
- This is a specially designed feed dog that ensures the fabric is picked up and supported from the front of the presser foot to the rear. This makes for much more accurate fabric feeding. Box Feed is a feed dog motion that moves the feed dogs in a box motion, rather than the historic arc motion. Box motion assures perfect feeding throughout the entire feed process, as the feed dogs are always in perfect and equal contact with the fabric and presser foot.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect, skip-free sewing.
- The needle bar is geared straight from the motor, rather than from a drive bar across the machine. This makes the machine more powerful and durable.
- Located on the machine for precise thread cutting, eliminating the extra step of cutting thread with scissors
Snap-On Presser Feet
- Easily change presser feet without a screwdriver
Soft-Sided Dust Cover
- Keep the sewing machine free of dust and debris while not in use
On Board Storage
- Have easy access to accessories while sewing
Thirteen Needle Positions
- The position of the needle can be adjusted for individual projects including inserting zippers, cording and topstitching.
25-Year Limited Warranty
- 25-year limited warranty including 25 years on head, five years on motor and electronic components, and one year on belts, bulbs, and attachments.
- All-Purpose Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Buttonhole Foot with Underplate
- Blind Hem Foot
- Satin Stitch foot
- Pack of Needles
- Bobbins (Class 15J)
- Thread Spool Caps
- Auxiliary Spool Pin
- Spool Pin Felt
- Seam Ripper
- Lint Brush
- Soft-Sided Dust Cover
- Quick Start Guide
- Machine Intro DVD
- Instruction Manual
- Power Cord
- Foot Pedal
13 BONUS Presser Feet
- Darning & Embroidery Foot
- Gathering Foot
- Rolled Hem Foot
- Open Toe Foot
- Button Sewing Foot
- Invisible Zipper Foot
- Pintuck Foot
- Cording Foot
- Even Feed / Walking Foot
- Quarter Inch Foot
- Special Purpose Foot
- Sew & Serge Attachment
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Hemline MR4660 Soft Tote Bag Carry Case 17x8x13" Zippered +Side Pocket (+$19.99, You Save $10.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag 17x13x12" for Sew, Quilt, Emb, Serger Machines* (+$29.99, You Save $20.00)
Organ HAx1 15x1 130R 100 Chrome Plated Sewing Machine Needles Retail Store (+$19.99, You Save $10.00)
Brother SASCKIT1 29pc Sewing Machine Starter Kit Thread Bobbins Needles Feet* (+$39.99, You Save $10.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$169.99, You Save $12.00)