* Synchrony Bank Fixed Payment No Interest Financing with approved credit! Click HERE to Apply Online for Synchrony Bank Credit Approval
Free, 3x3-hour, in-store, classes with purchase of each Bernina machine taught by certified a Bernina Instructor. Ask your in-store associate for details.
All in-store repairs done by certified technicians.
Download the Bernina Sewing Workbook here
Download the Bernina Embroidery Workbook here
The BERNINA 7 Series is equipped with a carefully designed extended freearm with ten inches / 254 mm of space to right of the needle—plenty of room for big sewing projects. The Freearm gives you access to cuffs, collars, and other difficult to reach areas, as well as allowing large designs to be embroidered on the oversized embroidery area.
The color touch screen gives you direct access to endless embroidery options. Use the touch screen to mirror images, rotate, resize, as well as combine designs. Personalize embroidery patterns with decorative stitches or alphabets right on the touch screen. Visualize your design by trying different color options and viewing them right on the machine's screen. Use Bernina's Absolute Check by way of the touch screen to ensure that your design will fit within the boundaries of your hoop.
You get 130 built in designs and 12 Alphabet Fonts not only horizontal, but also vertical! WordArt is back on the 780E! Plus you can combine designs. In the Sewing Stitch Folder, you now have the sewing stitches available to you on the Embroidery side for a new world of creativity. Endless Embroidery will give you endless ways to extend your embroidery ability!
The BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
The BERNINA 780 is equipped with the BSR function. The BSR foot provides high-speed free-motion stitching assistance with both straight and zigzag stitch options and it comes standard with the machine.
The Bernina Stitch Regulator allows you to easily enjoy free-motion quilting on all fabrics. The BSR gives you the ability to effortlessly sew quilt free-motion by coordinating the movement of the needle with the movement of your project. When the project moves underneath the needle, the needle moves at the same speed of the project. This helps you produce consistent stitch lengths throughout your sewing.
See the Bernina Stitch Regulator in action here.
BERNINA Dual Feed
When sewing one fabric on top of another it can be difficult to manage without having the fabrics shift. The innovative BERNINA Dual Feed Foot tames hard-to-manage fabrics. The Dual Feed Foot gives you the effect of another set of feed dogs on top of your project, sandwiching your project to keep it together.
Still don't understand how Dual Feed works? This video explains it more thoroughly.
Greater Sewing Pleasure
The 7 Series machines respond to your needs. For example, the presser foot automatically lowers at the start of a seam and lifts again at the end. The machine will even cut the thread for you at the end of your seam or colour change. Also included is a practical extension table with ample space to hold your larger sewing projects.
Total Stitch Control
The BERNINA 780 provides an exclusive level of stitch control. Whether altering the stitch length, stitch width, or needle position—or even creating combinations—the machine will remember the stitch details for you. The Machine holds each stitch adjustment for you to toggle freely between stitches.
Tips and Tricks
User-friendly features and intuitive navigation: the Sewing Consultant and built-in tutorials offer direct onscreen support and answers to your questions any time, day or night.
Large Selection of Stitches and Embroidery Designs
The BERNINA 780 offers hundreds of stitches, all of which are clearly categorized and easily accessible. In addition, there are over 130 built-in embroidery designs and 12 alphabets. Your own embroidery designs can also be quickly loaded via a USB connection.
- B9 Hook system
- 1000spm Maximum sewing speed
- 10 inches/254mm Length of freearm to the right of the needle
- Color touchscreen
- 30 LED sewing lights
- 9mm Maximum stitch width
- 6mm Maximum stitch length
- 11 Needle positions
- Sewing in each needle position
- 2 Spool holders
- Semi-automatic needle threader
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Automatic thread cutter
- 3 Manual thread cutters
- BERNINA Dual Feed
- Memory (short-term/altered stitches)
- Memory (long-term/altered stitches)
- Create and save stitch combinations
- Start/stop button (stitching without foot control)
- Slide speed control
- Upper thread indicator
- Lower thread indicator
- USB interface for PC connection
- USB interface for USB data stick
- Multi-function knobs
- Changing stitch settings while sewing
- BERNINA foot control with kick-back function
- Needle stop up/down
- On-screen help
- Bobbin winding while sewing/embroidering
- Sewing tutorial
- Creative consultant
- Personal program
- History function (most-recently-used stitch patterns)
- Setup program
- Eco mode
- BSR functionality (straight stitch and zigzag)
- Directional sewing 360°
- Sideways motion feed
- Pattern start/end function
- Connecting stitches
- Security function program
- 1,306 Number of stitch patterns (incl. alphabet) total
- 32 Utility stitches total
- 15 Buttonholes (incl. eyelet)
- Automatic buttonhole-length measuring system
- Automatic buttonhole
- Manual multi-step buttonhole
- Button sew-on program
- 3 Darning programs
- 460 Decorative stitches total
- 91 Decorative sideways motion stitches
- 33 Quilting stitches total
- 28 Cross-stitch programs
- 52 Tapering/skyline stitches
- 8 Sewing alphabets
- 1,000spm Maximum embroidery speed (stitches per minute)
- 130 Stock embroidery designs
- 12 Embroidery alphabets
- .EXP Embroidery design format
- Mega hoop functionality
- Jumbo hoop functionality
- Free-arm embroidery
- Personal memory for embroidery designs
- Word ART
- Drag & Drop
- Importing stitch patterns
- Color resequence
- Automatic jump-stitch cutting
- Sequence control
- Endless embroidery
- Position recall
- Embroidery tutorial
- BERNINA DesignWorks Software & Tool compatible
- Mirroring, rotating, scaling
- US Warranty 25 years head, 5 years electronics, 1 years labor
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
BERNINA 780 Review | Sewing Insight
Review: Bernina 780 with embroidery module – Sewing
A World Premiere: The New BERNINA 9 Hook (7 Series Sewing Machines).
With the launch of the 7 Series, BERNINA presents a world’s first, the BERNINA 9 Hook (B9 Hook). Combining the two best hook technologies, the B9 Hook is patent pending. The new heart of the BERNINA machine features a novel, centrally-placed driver, which allows the B9 Hook to run steady and quiet. The B9 Hook sews high-precision stitches up to 9 mm in width with speeds up to a 1,000 stitches per minute. And the bobbin has 80 percent more thread capacity than our standard bobbins, allowing you to sew longer without interruption. The B9 Hook is made of high-quality materials that allow the thread to run smoothly with consistent tension.
BERNINA 880: how to sew and quilt with the BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
BERNINA how to sew with the BERNINA Dual Feed (BDF). Multi-layered or hard-to-manage fabrics can be a challenge even to experienced seamstresses and quilters. The innovative BERNINA Dual Feed (BDF) ensures a steady transport of all types of fabric and multiple layers by moving the fabric both from the upper and the lower side. BDF is engaged quickly and easily by just one touch and can be disengaged the same way when not needed
BERNINA 780 Tutorial: 10 New Video Instructions.
New technology for sewing and embroidery that leaves extra room for imagination: the BERNINA 780 combines innovative ideas with a huge amount of space. The extended freearm offers an extra-large work surface for extensive sewing projects. The fast and quiet BERNINA 9 Hook sews high-precision stitches up to 9 mm in width. And the wide selection of embroidery designs are built in for easy editing on the color touch screen. Plus, thanks to the integrated BERNINA Dual Feed, hard-to-manage and fine fabrics can be used so seamlessly that even little daydreams become extraordinary realities. Learn more about the BERNINA 7 Series and download free patterns and instructions for sewing projects at www.bernina.com/7series
Tutorial BERNINA 780: how to get started and prepared. In this video tutorial, we show you how to prepare the BERNINA 780 for sewing.
- Instructional CD
- My Bernina Work Books
- Reverse pattern foot #1/1C/1D
- Zipper foot #4/4D
- Jeans foot #8/8D
- Open embroidery foot #20/20C/20D
- Embroidery foot #26 (drop-shaped)
- Sideways motion foot #40C
- BERNINA Stitch Regulator (BSR)
- Large oval hoop
- Medium hoop – for medium-sized designs
- Overlock foot #2/2A
- Blindstitch foot #5
- Buttonhole foot with slide #3A/3B/3C
- Small embroidery hoop