The RELIABLE™ 700SB sewing machine is built right, with the best quality components available, from the all-metal design of the casting to the finish quality that you expect from a RELIABLE™ product.
Each 700SB is individually sewn-off and tested before it leaves our factory. Great care is taken in preparing each and every machine so when you plug it in you know it will sew right out of the box.
The true skip-stitch function on the MSK-588 allows you to go from fine sheer material all the way to heavier woolens. Note: You may need to change the needle size and make other adjustments when you change fabric types).
The MSK-588 comes complete with everything you need to get started; 3-needles, 2-screwdrivers, 5-piece allen key set, tweezers, oiler, 1 clamp, variable speed foot controller, knee lifter, instructions and a trouble shooting guide to help first time users.
Warranty: RELIABLE™ 1 Year
- True skip stitch function with chain-off finger* (*required for drapery sheers and other light work)
Allows the machine to skip every other stitch which reduces puckering on light-weight fabrics.
- Simple to use - easy to operate
- Adjustable stitch penetration. Modify the depth of the needle penetration; allows you to hem a wide variety of fabric types
- Knee activated frame drop for easy insertion and removal of the fabric.
- Adjustable thread tension
- 4" Deep Swing-away plate for sewing flat pieces, converts to 2.5" cylinder freearm for tubular hems. Plate is 9" wide left to right
- 1725 RPM Maximum speed
- 0-7mm stitch length adjustment
- Maximum hem width of 3-1/4"
- 36mm needle bar stroke
- 8mm pressure foot lift
- 1:1, 2:1 true skip stitch
- Variable speed foot controller
- Eye needle guard
- Built-in motor
- Sits on any table top - supplied with clamps (2)
- 25lb net weight
- MSK-588 - made in Taiwan
- One year manufacturers warranty
- All Metal Casting
- Use for hemming apparel: pants, skirts, dresses, and more
Best used for:
- Pants, skirts, dresses
- Up to 1200 Stitches per Minute
- Built-in Motor, Control, Wiring
- Knee Lift, Skitp Stitch & Cylinder Arm
- 110 Volts, 90 watts, 6500 RPM
- ALL METAL Portable Blindstitcher
- Portable Home Use Sewing Machines for Apparel Tailoring and Alterations only
Download MSK-588 Instructions Here (.pdf)
Reliable Warranty Information (.PDF)
- US Warranty 1 year parts, 90 days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Model: 700SB, 110V
Maximum sewing speed: 1,725 rpm
Stitch length: 0-7 mm
Needle bar stroke: 36 mm
Pressure foot lift: By knee 8 mm
Needle system: # 29BL(LWx6T)
Skip stitch function: 1:1 - 2:1 true skip stitch
Foot pedal: Variable speed foot controller
Eye guard: Standard
Dimensions - head: 14" x 10" x 18"
Weight - net: 15 lbs
Shipping dimensions: 14" x 16" x 13"
Shipping weight: 25 lbs
Warranty RELIABLE™: 1 Year Warranty
- 1200 stitches per minute
- Stitch penetration and stitch length variability gives you big machine features in a portable unit
- Swing-down cylinder arm allows for easy insertion and removal of heaviest material - Swing-away bed plate for extended work space
- Side-mounted thread tensions
- Simple to operate and maintain
- Skip stitch feature for 1-1 and
- 2-1 stitching
Stitch length: 3.5-7 mm
Weight: 25 lbs
Needle size: #11, 14
- For sewing all types of light to medium weight materials including synthetics, knits and woolens
- Typical sewing operations include pant cuffs, felling slack bottoms, hemming dress, skirt and coat bottoms, light draperies, negligees, undergarments, lapel padding, blouses and sleeves
- Suitable for felling operations requiring a skip stitch to simulate handstitching
- Ideal for alteration rooms tailors, clothing rentals, dry cleaners, department stores, dressmakers and home use
Click HERE for Short Generic Instruction Book Operating Manual User Guide for Table Top Portable Blindstitch Sewing Machines
- Single Spool Vertical Thread stand to install on back of machine
- Ten-page instruction manual (includes a parts image listing with line drawing pictures),
- Foot control with 75" power cord,
- Needle eye guard,
- Two screwdrivers
- Four Allen wrenches,
- One open end wrench,
- Tweezers for threading needle,
- Two replacement needles (LW x 6T),
- Knee lever Assembly with Knee Pad for inserting and removing fabric,
- Table C clamp (clamps machine to your table top up to 2-1/2" thickness),
- Thread Guide,
- Bottle of oil (there are six easy to access oiling points clearly marked on the Blind Hemmer that require oiling,
- Clear plastic cover.
I contacted AllBrands to follow up on the shipping status of my item a few days after my purchase. I received an email from Barbara Douthat providing me with shipping information. She followed up with this transaction until she was able to provide me with a tracking number. I absolutely love and appreciate the service I receive from your company. This is my 3rd large purchase from you and I would definitely purchase again in the future!! I recommend your site often.
I've dealt with you before and have always had great service, this time was no different so I am sure we will do business again. Thank you.
Have not used machine yet. Service was exceptional
Karen, South Carolina
I appreciate your great customer service!
Karen, South Carolina
Have used my machine twice since I received it last week and it has performed beautifully. I was pleased with the quick delivery, e-mail responses, and packaging.
I was very impressed with the service. I was unable to place an order on Sunday and called on Monday. The person I talked to was warm and kind. I liked getting an assortmaent of needles. By being able to compare different machines and prices I was able to pick the best machine for the price I wanted to pay.
I have received the replacement Reliable MSK 588 hemming machine. It is working beautifully well, right out of the box, just as well as the Tacksew-500 I had been using at a different high school for the last 3 years, but for a fraction of the cost. Yes, there was no doubt that the original machine I received was defective. Both the height of the cylinder bed and the looper sweeping depth were off, perhaps the timing too, rendering the machine unusable. I felt awful because I had raved about hemming machines and lobbied both my kids new high school Choirs and Bands parents boosters to pool their money to buy a hemmer for the uniforms and there I was...holding on to a broken machine, and, with no easy mean to get the 50 or so uniforms hemmed by the October 8th concert deadline. As a bonus, this new machine shows none of the cosmetic issues: scratches on the bed table, paint wear on the wheel and some grimy spots on the right side that the original machine I received had. Both Allbrands and Reliable handled my replacement claim with lighting speed and incredible professionalism despite the added USA/Canada border possible problems . The way in which I was treated right from the get-go by both companies gave me hope that things would be okay. Rather than being a nervous wreck about how things would work out I felt confident it would work out fine. It turned out to be on time, too!!! What could have been a nightmare and a huge headache and heartbreak for me was handled outstandingly by both you, your staff and your companies. I can not rave enough nor thank you enough for the superb service I received. I will brag to anyone who will listen about Reliable quality machines AND service and that of Allbrands too, which already has a faithful following among the Long Arm and other sewing Yahoo Groups to which I belong. I will never hesitate to purchase from both Reliable and Allbrands again. You restored my faith in customer service! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I was delighted with my new machine. I had looked at several sights prior to my purchase. Although the price was essentially the same everywhere you included the extra needles. That tipped the decision to you. You were very prompt in shipping both the needles and machine. I did make a call to customer service prior to the purchase and they were very helpful. I will be back.
Sharyn, New York
Just as I've experienced with past orders - speedy delivery and I've completely satisfied with my selection. (I'm thinking of a coverstitch machine next - so let the search begin!)
John, Allbrands technician
If you have to turn the handwheel to make it sew, run the machine full speed for a few minutes to loosen it up. Put a drop of sewing machine oil on all metal to metal moving parts if necessary. Hold the handwheel and push on the foot control. If the belt slips, remove plastic belt cover, loosen screw(s) on the bracket and move the motor back slightly to tighten belt tension. Run full speed again until belt does not slip, nor slow the machine down
Colleen, Latrobe PA
I had a question when I received my machine. I was connected to a man who answered my questions and concerns. He was polite and knowledgable. I will definately use your company in the future and recommend you to others. Thank you for the way you conduct business. Colleen
Nancy, Halptonville, NC
Tobie was very courteous and helpful during the purchase process.
Carolyn Y., Tacoma, WA
We are so far very pleased with the performance of this machine. The manual is very easy to read and we quickly learned how to operate the machine. The Reliable 588 sews like a dream. I love its smooth, confident hum as it tackles whatever we feed it.
June N., Flushing, MI
I have had very good service with your company. You offer a large varity of products. I really like that I get free shipping. And the 50 Free needles made the sale, very complete, I didn't have to order them special to run the machine. It work be nice to get more American product available.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Arrow 98611 Gidget2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$169.99, You Save $28.01)
SuperLock 12x3000Yd Cones Multi Use Poly 40wt Thread Kit Assorted Colors (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)