- 3 Thread Overlock for single layers
- 4 Thread Seams for two layers
- 2-Thread Adaptor Optional for fine roll hems
- Easiest Built-In Rolled Hem slide lever on needle plate
- No need to change needle plate for roll hem set up
- Differential Feed to Gather or Straighten Fabrics
- Disengageable Knife Cutter Mechanism
- Most Reliable Serger Brand on the Market
- Like Bernina 700D also make by Juki
Juki 644D Instruction Manual(.PDF)
Click here to access the Juki warranty registration form
- Manufacturer's US warranty 5 Years Mechanical, 2 Years Electrical, 90 Days Adjustments on defects in material or workmanship.
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: To view the warranty for this combo, please view specific warranty information on the individual product pages.
- 2 Needle
- 2/3/4 Thread overlock sewing machine
- Built-in rolled-hemming
- Differential feed
- Sewing speed 1,500 spm
- Needle sizes 11 to 14
- Stitch length 1 - 4 mm
- Universal presser foot tape, ribbon, narrow elastic application
- Presser foot lift 5 mm
- Dimensions 270 mm (w) x 295 mm (h) x 340 mm (d)
- Unit weight 15 lbs
- Shipping weight 18 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions 14.5" x 9" x 17.75"
- UL Listed
Check out these videos for more information!
JUKI MO-644D Overview
JUKI MO-644D Demo
Preparing, Threading, and Adjustments
Changing the Needle and Thread, Stitch Variations
Both Juki models feature 2-needle, built-in rolled hem, however, the 644D model has differential feed.
Which is the best type of serger to buy?
It all depends on how you would use a serger.
If you would only overcast single layers to keep them from raveling, a 3 thread serger would do like Juki MO623: http://www.sewingmachinestore.com/products/abp02533.html
If you seam knits, a 4 thread mock safety stitch is best Like Juki 654DE:
If you seam wovens, the best stitch is a 5 thread safety stitch like Juki 655:
Most all sergers do roll hems and differential feed, so the difference is how many threads you might use.
Some sergers even have the coverhem stitch with 2 or 3 straight stitches on top and a serger stitch on bottom. Juki has the best of all in the new MO735.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Juki 40123395 8 Feet Foot Kit for Juki MO104-114, MO644-735, Bernina Sergers by Juki (+$99.00, You Save $171.00)