The Singer Featherweight C240 sewing machine packs a lot of features into its 14.6 pounds. Perfect for travel or a sewer with a lot of creativity, the Singer Featherweight C240 sewing machine offers 70 stitches, needle stop up and down, electronic stitch selection, easy drop in bobbin, a needle threaders and up to 700 stitches per minute! Sit down at this machine and watch it sew just like the bigger machines but without being oversized or the high price tag.
No matter what type of sewing you want to do, you’ll love the SINGER®Integrated Even Feed System (IEF). This advanced technology lets you sew any fabric and through multiple layers without worrying if the fabric pieces will match at the end of the seam. Lightweight and silky fabrics don’t pucker, stripes and plaids match perfectly and curved seams are easy to sew. Your machine moves from a single layer to multiple layers effortlessly and even sews over bulky seam with no hesitation.
SINGER Integrated Even Feed System (IEF)
• This technology allows you to sew all kinds of fabrics, including multiple layers and bulky seams, without worrying if the fabric pieces will match at the end of the seam. Lightweight and silky fabrics won’t pucker, stripes and plaids match perfectly and quilt layers won’t shift.
Compact and Portable Sewing Machine
• At less than 15 pounds, the SINGER® | FeatherweightTM sewing machine is perfect for taking to classes! Great for sewing in smaller spaces and can be stored easily.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
• The internal skeleton of the sewing machine is constructed of heavy duty metal that holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
70 Built-In Stitches
• Your stitches are displayed inside the lid of your machine when raised. Choose from basic stitches, stretch stitches, decorative stitches, quilting and applique stitches, as well as three styles of buttonholes. You’ll have the perfect stitch for any project!
Easy Touch Stitch Selection
• Simply press the selector buttons on the machine front panel to choose the stitch you want to sew. Your selected stitch number displays on the LED screen.
Adjustable Stitch Width and Stitch Length
• Optimum stitch length and stitch width are preselected when you choose your stitch, but you can adjust width or length to customize stitches for your projects.
Built-In One Step Buttonhole
• Just place your button into the slot of buttonhole foot to sew perfectly sized buttonholes for your button. Each buttonhole sews the complete cycle in one step, providing consistent results every time.
Two LED Light Sources
• Optimized lighting illuminates the sewing area without shadows.
• Press the Info Button and the machine’s LED screen will display the recommended presser foot for your selected stitch.
• Press the Tie-Off Button while sewing to immediately tie-off the stitch and stop sewing automatically. You can even program the machine to perform the tie-off at the end of a stitch before you start to sew.
• Press this button to start or stop the machine if you choose to sew without using the foot control. Press once to start and press again to stop.
Snap-on Presser Feet
• Six snap-on presser feet are included. The General Purpose Foot with IEF is on the machine upon delivery. Also included is the Fancy Stitch Foot with IEF, the Fancy Stitch Foot, the Blind Hem Foot with IEF, the Zipper Foot with IEF and the One-step Buttonhole Foot. Presser feet can be conveniently stored in the Removable Storage Compartment.
• Set your machine’s maximum sewing speed wherever you want it – faster for long seams, slower for more intricate projects. You’re always in complete control!
Extra High Presser Foot Lift
• Raise the presser foot to its highest position so that thicker fabrics, quilts, etc., can be placed easily under the presser foot.
• Slide off the removable extension table to reveal the machine’s free arm, making it easy to sew around trouser hems, sleeve cuffs and other smaller projects.
29 Needle Positions
• Choose from any one of 29 needle positions so you can place the needle exactly where you want it to sew - perfect for topstitching, quilting, inserting zippers and more.
Programmable Needle Up/Down
• Press this button to move the needle up or down, to set the stop position of the needle. Great for free-motion sewing, applique, attaching pockets and more.
Foot Control Tap Function
• A simple tap of the foot control with raise the needle if it stops in the down position, or lower it if it stops in the up position.
Push Button Reverse
• Press and hold the reverse button to sew stitches in reverse. Use this to backstitch at the be ginning and end of seams.
Stainless Steel Bed Plate
• Fabrics glide easily across the arm of the machine.
• Feed teeth can be lowered for button sewing or free-motion sewing – a must-have for quilters especially! Simply slide the Drop Feed Lever to raise or lower the feed teeth.
Built-in Needle Threader
• Effortlessly thread the eye of the needle, so you can start sewing faster. Eliminates eye strain, too!
Top Drop-in Bobbin with Clear View Cover
• The bobbin is easy to see and easy to thread. Because the bobbin and bobbin cover are both transparent, it’s easy to monitor your thread supply so that you won’t run out of thread.
Adjustable Thread Tension
• Depending on your fabric and thread selection, the Thread Tension Dial can be used to ne tune your stitches so they meet evenly between the two layers of fabric.
Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
• This allows you to adjust the amount of pressure exerted by the presser foot on your fabric while sewing. The pressure is optimally pre-set, but is adjustable for thick fabrics or delicate fabrics.
Hard Cover Included
• The included hard cover helps protect your machine when transporting it, as well as protecting it from dust when stored. The cover also includes storage for your foot control and power cord.
Optional Large Extension Table
• Expand your workspace with the optional Large Extension Table. Perfectly ts around the machine’s free arm, providing a wider, level surface for larger projects like quilts, home décor projects, fashion sewing and more.
A Classic Remade: SINGER® Unveils the Featherweight™ C240
- US Warranty 25 year head, 2 year electrical, 90 days parts and labor
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
SINGER FEATHERWEIGHT C240 Videos by SewingMastery.com
Singer C240 Instruction Manual
SINGER® FEATHERWEIGHT™ C240 Owner's Class - Threading. Introducing the SINGER® Featherweight™ C240 sewing machine! With its sleek, compact design and weighing less than 14 pounds, it’s perfect for sewing in smaller spaces as well as taking with you to classes. In this video, we'll walk you through threading your Featherweight sewing machine!
SINGER® FEATHERWEIGHT™ C240 Owner's Class - IEF System. Introducing the SINGER® Featherweight™ C240 sewing machine! With its sleek, compact design and weighing less than 14 pounds, it’s perfect for sewing in smaller spaces as well as taking with you to classes. In this video, we'll explain the benefits of the PFAFF® IEF system with your Featherweight!
SINGER® FEATHERWEIGHT™ C240 Owner's Class - Intro Your Machine. Introducing the SINGER® Featherweight™ C240 sewing machine! With its sleek, compact design and weighing less than 14 pounds, it’s perfect for sewing in smaller spaces as well as taking with you to classes. In this video, we'll introduce you to your Featherweight sewing machine!
SINGER® FEATHERWEIGHT™ C240 - Owner's Class - Play All Playlist. Introducing the SINGER® Featherweight™ C240 sewing machine! With its sleek, compact design and weighing less than 15 pounds, it’s perfect for sewing in smaller spaces as well as taking with you to classes. 28.4 Minutes.
See All Singer C240 Videos on You Tube
All Purpose Foot 1A with Integrated Even Feed System
Satin Stitch Foot 2A
Blind Hem Foot 3 with Integrated Even Feed System
Zipper Foot 4 with Integrated Even Feed System
Buttonhole Foot 5B
Seam Ripper / Lint Brush
Edge / Quilting Guide
Pack of Needles
Auxiliary Spool Pin
Spool Pin Felt
The best. Very good communication and shows interest in customer needs.
Robert D, Islamorada FL
The best. Very good communication and shows interest in customer needs.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.