AllBrands is a Brother Authorized Dealer and ASC Authorized Service Center for any repairs including warranty parts, electrical and labor. We give unlimited technical support by email, fax and phone. We service machines in our stores and/or refer to your nearest ASC Brother Authorized Factory Service and Warranty Centers nationwide. Mass merchants do not have tech service or repair departments for your equipment. They are unable to help you directly, only referring any operational, mechanical or electronic questions back to the manufacturer instead of taking care of the problems themselves. Manufacturers and customers should expect that any problems you have will be taken care of by the dealer or merchant who sold you the equipment, not by just referring your questions back to the manufacturer.
Finish edges and hems - professionally, and affordably!
Designed for finishing the edges and hems of a wide range of fabrics, including formal wear, linens and stretchy fabrics, and for creating ruffles and decorative edges, the Brother™ 1034D Serger is the perfect addition to any sewing room. This reliable, easy to learn and use 3 / 4 thread serger features 22 built-in stitch functions, and snap-on, interchangeable creative feet. Stitch options include 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches. With its differential fabric feed, the 1034D helps you achieve better stitch quality, for a more even, professional finish, even on very thin or stretchy fabrics. Threading is easy, with the color-coded upper thread guides and lower looper threading system. Plus, the included snap-on presser feet allow for quick and easy changes to transition to each desired stitch. To help you get started, the 1034D includes an instructional video, and a complete, printed instructional manual in English and Spanish.
Give a professional look to your next project with serged seam finishes. Seams lie flatter and look better with an overlock stitch. Home decor projects often suggest the use of a serger for rolled hems and secure seams and differential feed. Choose from a 3 or 4 thread look and enjoy the new and easy threading method. The 1034D features two needles and ¾ thread with differential feed. Create stitches from 2.0 to 4.0 mm in length. Differential feed ratio of 0.7 – 2.0 gives improved stitch quality. Free arm makes it easier to sew sleeves, trouser legs and other hard to reach places.
- 3/4 Thread stitch configurations
- Easy threading Lay in Tensions, no eyelets
- Free Arm Style for tubular sewing
- Differential Feed to ruffle or prevent puckering
- Self-threading Lower Looper so you only open one door to thread.
- Built-In Rolled Hem for scarves, napkins, and apparel
- Latest Model Brother Serger
Stitch Attributes: Adjustable
Stitch Width: Up to 7.0 mm
Stitch Length: Up to 4.0 mm
Utility stitch functions: ¾ thread overlock blind hem rolled hem
Quilting stitch functions: No
My Custom Stitch Feature (Create and save your own decorative stitches): No
Heirloom stitch functions: No
Built-in Decorative Stitches: No
Needle Threading System: Manual auto lower looper threader
Upper Thread Tension System for perfect stitches on any fabric: Manual
Needle Positions: Yes
# of needles: Single or twin
Maximum Sewing Speed (stitch per minute): 1300
Free Arm: Yes
Presser Foot Attachment: Snap-on
Presser Foot Height Adjustment: No
- Presser Foot Pressure: Yes
- US Warranty 5 years on parts, 2 years on electrical, 1 year on labor
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Click HERE for Threading Instructions from eHow on Brother 1034D Serger
- 3/4 thread, cut and sew serger stitches
- Easy to follow lay-in threading
- Tension disc release assures thread placement into tension discs
- F.A.S.T. lower looper threading system
- Differential feed improves results when sewing stretch, knitted, or thing fabrics
- Eliminates the wavy or stretch appearance of stitches on some fabrics
- Perfect overlock stitches on all types and weights of fabric
- Snap-out stitch finger for instant rolled hem
- Snap-on presser feet
- Uses standard sewing machine needles
- Slide lever adjustment for stitch width
- Dial adjustment for stitch length
- Slide lever adjustment for differential feed
- Electronic speed control
From the Brother™ serger collection, the 1034D serger is ideal for sewing decorative and finishing stitches on linens, formal wear and stretchy fabric, this 3/4 serger includes 22 built-in stitch functions and interchangeable creative feet. The Brother 1034D Serger features a 3/4 lay-in thread system with lower looper threader. Stitch options include 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches. In addition the machine has a free arm/flat bed convertible sewing surface and offers a F.A.S.T. lower looper threading system for easy thread changes. The differential feed improves sewing results on stretch or thin fabrics to give you a perfect finish. Snap-on presser feet allow quick and easy changes to transition to each desired stitch. The 1034D also includes an instructional CD to make serging fast, easy and fun.
Brother™ 1034D Serger Overview Video
- Blind Hem/Multi-Purpose Foot
- Standard Serger Foot
- Cleaning Brush
- Thread Spool Cap
- Thread Net
- Needle Set
- Instruction Manual
- Electronic Foot Control
- Instructional CD
3 / 4 thread:
- Easily create precise, professional-quality seam finishing and rolled hems with the 3- or 4-thread cut and sew serger stitches.
Versatile stitch options:
- Choose from 4 thread overlock, 3 thread overlock, narrow hem, rolled hem, and ribbon lock stitches.
22 built-in stitch functions:
- 3 heirloom stitches3 stitches for formal and bridal wear6 stitches for home dec and crafts10 stitches for reinforced tape applications
Differential fabric feed for better stitch quality:
- The differential fabric feed helps improve the stitch quality on virtually all types of fabric, especially important when sewing stretchy, knitted, or thin fabrics. Differential feed ratio is 0.7 to 2.0.
- The 1034D has easy to follow, color-coded lay-in threading, and the lower looper threading system is designed to make sure the thread stays right in place.
Fast, up to 1300 stitches per minute:
- Saves time, and delivers high quality stitching, even at up to a high 1300 spm speed.
Adjustable stitch width:
- The stitch width can be easily adjusted between 3.00mm to 7.00mm, helping to provide the perfect stitch width for your project.
Adjustable foot pressure:
- The pressure of the presser foot is fully adjustable, to help ensure consistently highly quality stitching on both heavy and light fabrics. Loosening the pressure for lightweight materials will help prevent puckering, and will allow for easier sewing of curves.
2-point thread tension control:
- The pre-tension device allows for smoother delivery of thread, and the tension for each needle can also be individually adjusted, for even more precise control for each type of thread.
Removable free arm:
- Simply slide off the removable arm to serge cylindrical items such as sleeves.
- The retractable knife blade helps prevent against accidentally cutting your fabric when you're working close to the edges of rolled hems.
Brightly lit workspace:
- No more task lights needed, as brilliant light floods the needle area.
- For your safety, the 1034D will operate only when the front cover is closed.
Uses standard sewing machine needles:
- No need to purchase special needles – the 1034D can use most standard home sewing machine needles.
- Store your accessory tools on the front panel flip-down door.
Bilingual operation manual and instructional CD:
- The 1034D comes complete with an instructional video, and a printed, English and Spanish operation manual.
The 2-thread stitch is for overcasting a single layer of fabric. It does not have the seam, only the overcast. Of course, you can overcast with the 3 or 4 thread stiches as well.
The overlock stitch is a seam with overcast built in. It can be 3, 4 or 5 threads. 3 thread would be for very light weight fabrics, since it's narrower. 3 and 4 thread stitches have stretch, so they are the best stitches for knits, but can also be used on wovens. 4 thread stitch is wider than 3 thread stitch, so it is better for medium weight fabrics. The 5-thread stitch is a straight chain stitch and a 3 thread overlock (separate) and is for heavier fabrics and wovens, since it does not stretch.
Flatlock is a variation of the 2-thread or 3 thread overlock stitches. The tension is adjusted so there is no seam, only the overcast. When you sew 2 layers together and pull them flat, the seam allowances are enclosed, so they do not stich out to fold to one side or the other. The fabric is pulled "flat." On one side the stitch looks like a normal overlock stitch. On the other side it has threads going crosswise, like a ladder. The stitch is often used decoratively with special threads in the looper. It is used for patchwork or knit garment seams.
It's nice to have a serger and a separate coverstitch machine, especially if you will use the coverstith often. It saves you time converting from one stitch to the other. However, that's not always practical, space-wise. Once you've made the change a couple of times, it will become quicker and eeasier for you. You can leave the chain stitch looper thread (also used for the coverstitch) through the threading path (except the eye of the looper), so you can tie on and pull new threads through, thus saving a lot of time when you make changes.
The sergers and coverstitch machines you listed are all good quality. None are made in Japan. However, the production is supervised by the Japanese and we have not noticed any quality problems since the production was shifted out of Japan.
The advantage of the Juki MO735 is that it is the most heavy-duty machine, since Juki uses their industrial parts and expertise in its manufacture: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp05031-0267.html.
The advantage of the Brother 2340CV at is that its coverstitch is a little bit wider and it has some wonderful accessories to help you guide your fabric for various operations: http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp06948-0263.html.
My first choice would be to get one of the Juki 4 or 5 thread sergers and the Brother coverstitch only machine.
We also carry the Brother 1034D serger, which has many more features than most sergers and comes at a great price.
If you want only one machine, I'd get the Juki MO735.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. We look forward to serving your equipment needs.
The only improvement I can suggest is to make finding the specials easier. Everything else was great and I luv the machines I ordered
Susan S, Old Town ME
I hate coupon offers that "Oh your item does not qualify for" Offering no coupons is better than Confusing coupons
I couldn't believe how quickly my new machine arrived -it is terrific - I'm searching out more projects just so I can use it! My granddaughter bought the same machine from you - that's where I learned to use it- she recommended your site as that is where she bought hers - great service - thanks so much!
This is my 2nd machine purchased from AllBrands.com and I am extremely satisfied with both.
Will buy from you again.
Lucy, North Carolina
I love my sewing machine. I know it said "factory serviced", but it is just like a new one. I did get it within 3 days of ordering and that was great. Thanks
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
SuperLock 12x3000Yd Cones Multi Use Poly 40wt Thread Kit Assorted Colors (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)
Organ HAx1 15x1 130R 100 Chrome Plated Sewing Machine Needles Retail Store (+$19.99, You Save $10.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag 17x13x12" for Sewing Quilting Embroidery Serger Machines* (+$29.99, You Save $20.00)