The manufacturer's sealed box does not include a blade, Allbrands provides the 1 blade free above
"The HSG-O HSGM Hot Knife will cut and seal synthetic canvas fabric. The tip of the blade is relatively sharp". HSG-O HSGM Hot Knife is UL Underwriters Laboratories Listed
- Cuts small and large lengths of sythetic woven or knitted fabric in straight lines and curves while simultaneously fusing the edges to prevent fraying. The blade heats quickly, eliminating idle time. Also suitable for cutting and welding ropes, cords, and cables made of fully synthetic fibers such as nylon and polyester.
- Hot cutting is made easy with the HSG-0 hand held cutter. Heats up in just 6-8 seconds, and cuts and seals the edges of synthetic fabric, such as cords, ropes, bands and belting fabric.
- This cutter is so easy and economical to use; you will wonder how you did without it.
- Made for cutting acrylic fabrics. Excellent to cutting nylon rope or webbing. Cuts and welds ends cleanly! The newer model has lights to help with following cut lines.
Type HSGO AC only, 110v- 60Hz, 60 W, UL Listed 71B9
- Heat may be controlled by switching tool on and off. Light activated by heat switch.
- Re: cutting PVC coated material. PVC releases a hazardous fume when cut with heat that has been known to cause lung problems.
HSGM HSG-0 Heat Cutter (SKU: H/100, 110V/60Hz/70W). Hand-operated heat cutting tool to cut small quantities, recommended for short-time operation only. Suitable to cut and seal the edges of synthetic material to prevent fraying and unraveling. Such as synthetic fabric, fiber, cords, ropes, webbing, and belting. Heat up time of a blade, approx. 6-8 seconds. Heat temperature of a blade, approx. 1100 degrees Fahrenheit (600* C.). Blade heat may be roughly controlled by depressing/releasing the trigger. A variety of different sytle HSGM blades are sold separately. This unit is also available in 220 volt (Part #H/100-220). This product is always in stock. Made in Germany.
- US Warranty 1 year limited warranty on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Power input: 60 watts
Intermittent operation: ¼ min.
Cord length: (6.5 ft)2 m
Weight: 2.2 Lbs (1 kg)
HSG-O Parts List:
01 - Housing, green ID: H/801
01 - Housing, gray ID: H/801-PA
02 - Round screw ID: H/802
03 - Hexagon Nut ID: H/803
04 - Slotted Round Nut M2.5x32 ID: H/804
05 - Hexagon Round screw ID: H/805
06 - Front Housing Plate ID: H/806
07 - Round screw ID: H/807
08 - Hexagon Nut ID: H/808
09 - Lamp ID: H/809
10 - Hook ID: H/810
11 - Trigger ID: H/811
12 - Pin-Op Switch ID: H/812
13 - Lever Return Spring ID: H/813
14 - Transformer, 110 Volt ID: H/814-110
15 - Terminal Plate ID: H/815
16 - Retaining Plate ID: H/816
17 - Round screw (replaced by H/807) ID: H/817
18 - Mains Lead ID: H/818
19 - Lead Bushing ID: H/819
20 - Microswitch ID: H/820
21 - Socket ID: H/821
22 - Retaining Screw for Blade ID: H/822
23 - Condensor ID: H/823
24 - Resistor ID: H/824
25 - Slit-head Screwdriver for HSG-0 ID: H/825
He should be ok with the HSG-0 & the type R blade. If he was cutting thicker material with long cuts, then he would want to step up to one of our larger units. We recommend holding the trigger down on the HSG-0 for only ten minutes at a time. Another thing you want to watch out for is customers cutting PVC coated material. PVC releases a hazardous fume when cut with heat that has been known to cause lung problems.
I'm interested in this product but would like to know a little more about it. How wide can it cut?
The heating area on the Type R blade is 29mm long and .5mm thick. The HSG-0 unit is good for cutting 4 to 6 feet cuts on fairly thin synthetic fabric. The unit needs to rest periodically.
How long does it need to rest?
We recommend that the HSG-0 heat cutter only be used for 10 minutes at a time. If you’re releasing the trigger between each cuts and letting it cool down for a couple of seconds your fine.
I would be using it on a product with the content of Polyester 85% polyurethane 15% - will this knife work? The widest point I'll be using it on is 24mm.
I see no problem cutting and sealing the edge of this type synthetic fabric.
I'm interested in purchasing the bigger one, but would like to know if it needs to be used in a ventilated area? What I mean by that is, of course we have windows but each time it's used there's smoke that smells toxic (bc it's burning fibers, obviously) - and it's really unpleasant. I'm looking for a machine that doesn't emit the same thing.
Both the Engel HSG-O and HSG-1-VW would need to be used in a well ventilated area. The materials being cut that can emit noxious fumes, not the cutter unit.
Depending on the size area your cutting table is in, you might want to consider purchasing a fan that can connect to a hose that can be ran outdoors. Just make sure if you have a fan that it does not blow directly toward the blade because it will rob it of some heat. Also, we recommend not to cut any PVC coated material with our equipment because of the severe health problems it can cause when burnt.
Just wanted to say thanks for all your help with this item. We like it so much we're buying another. Kind regards, Dionne T
Both orders I have placed with you have come on time and in good condition. Your staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Your website is easy to navigate and user friendly. Good company so far by me experience!