- Use Robison Anton thread with cone base on XL6000 and without cone base on XL5000 for best results with the thread exchanger.
- The Singer XL6000 is the same as the Singer XL5000 with these additional features:
- Continuous Hoop and Card 5006 (included)
- Larger base thread exchanger provides faster and quieter switching between two color thread spools during embroidery
- Instructions are now a pop up on the screen making them much easier to find & understand
- Has the conversion tool for computer design transfer included
- Improved built-in lettering
- Ability to upgrade the XL6000 in the future via smart card
- Automatic Thread Exchanger switches, rethreads and continues sewing between two spool colors
- US Warranty 25 Years Mechanical, 5 Years Electrical, 90 Days Service Labor on defects in material and workmanship.
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Auto Thread Exchanger-allows switching between two color thread spools during embroidery. After one color has been sewn, the XL6000 stops, rethreads itself with the new color then resumes embroidery.
- 3 Types of Bobbin Winding:
1. Winding on top of machine with regular Class 15 bobbins
2. Winding in place on an Endless Bobbin from the needle thread
3. Winding in place on an Endless Bobbin from a separate spool in the Wind-in-Place Bobbin System underneath
- Automatic Threading System-allows the XL6000 to switch between two color thread spools during embroidery.
- Continuous Hoop-allows you to embroider border designs without removing the hoop from your machine to re-hoop fabric. You simply raise the latch and slide the fabric to the next setting. The machine puts a reference point on the fabric so it will easily line up and realign the needle.
- Multi Hooping-Provides the ability to do large area designs up to 10" x 18" (250mm x 450mm) total size. Create your layout on screen to ensure precisely matched designs.
- Full-Color 3-D LCD Screen is easy to read and will display your design patterns.
- Pictogram & Icon-Based Menus-Includes user instructions and help screens that guide you every step of the way.
- Direct Computer Interface-allows you to connect your computer directly to your Singer. Eliminates the need for card converter and reader-writer boxes!
- Ability to string up to 120 characters or letters-great feature when sewing poems and sayings
- Can embroider fonts from 7mm to 60mm which can be resized in 1mm increments
- Unlimited increment rotation-Ability to easily rotate designs and letters in 1-degree increments for perfect positioning.
- Built-in embroidery resizing from 90%-120%-Allows you to customize the size of built-in designs, reducing them to 90% or enlarging them to 120%
- Vertical & Horizontal positioning for Lettering eliminates having to do Vertical lettering one letter at a time!
- Singer patented quilting stitches-An ingenious stitch that creates the look of hand quilting and can be customized to various stitch lengths. Quilting made easy with the extra high lift presser bar, manual drop feed lever, and increased sewing surface.
- Sideways sewing-Allows you to sew in four different directions (forward, backward, left, & right) via on-screen control, instead of pivoting your fabric.
- Extra-extra high lift pressure bar-The knee lift raises the machine presser foot for hands-free positioning and pivioting of fabric while sewing.
- Needle up/Needle down-Provides the ability to quickly and easily stop & pivot during sewing
- Drop feed-deactivating the feed mechanism so that material is moved by YOU, not the machine
- Sewing Odometer-counts the stitches sewn by the XL 6000. A helpful feature for knowing when to change needles and have the machine serviced.
- Up to 800 stitches per minute
- Variable Sewing Speed-Allows control of sewing speed according to the complexity of your project. Select higher speeds for regular sewing and lower speeds for intricate embroidery.
- Computer-controlled thread tension-Automatic, computer-controlled thread metering system delivers the precise amount of thread for the optimal appearance of each stitch.
- Embroidery Area 6-1/2" x 9-1/2"
- Accepts up to 128 colors in a single hoop-allows single patterns to be sewn in up to 128 colors
- Built-In Stitch & Buttonhole choices-Review your choices on-screen and simply touch the one your want. Buttonholes can be perfectly sewn in one step to match the size of any button. A variety of stitch patterns & buttonhole styles are available.
- Built-In Designs
-Embroidery fonts including a 4" tall block & beautiful script.
-The regular fonts are up to 2" (10mm-50mm) including Shadowed letters.
-Over 100 beautiful floral designs
-Large selection of borders & frames
- Large sewing surface area to accommodate fabrics & projects more easily
- Conversion Tool Software CD (Converts digitized designs to and from most home embroidery formats)
- Blindstitch Hem Foot
- Button Sewing Foot
- Buttonhole Foot
- Cording Foot
- Embroidery & Darning Foot
- Even Feed Foot
- General Purpose Foot
- Invisible Zipper Foot
- Overcastting Foot
- Rolled Hem Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Buttonhole Opener/Brush
- Link Brush
- Quilting Guide
- Screwdriver (special)
- Spool Cap (large)
- Spool Cap (small)
- 3 hoops PLUS the Continuous Hoop
- Bonus Data-Link Transfer Cable Included - Transfer designs directly from your computer to the XL-6000 without using a reader/writer box!
- Conversion Tool Software CD that converts digitized designs to & from most home embroidery formats
- Ten Included Feet:
Embroidery & Darning
- Continuous Hoop 2" X 6" (50mm X 150mm)
- 3 Hoops:
Large Hoop 5-1/2" X 9-1/2" (140mm X 240 mm)
Medium Hoop 4-1/2" X 4-1/2" (114mm X 114mm)
Small Hoop 2-1/8" X 2-1/8" (55mm X 55mm)
- Buttonhole Opener/Brush
- Lint Brush
- Quilting Guide
- Screwdriver (special)
- Large & Small Spool Caps
- Accessory Pack
- Extra Presser Feet
- Foot Control
- Instruction Book
- Warranty Card
To view a comparison between the XL-6000 and the Brother INNOV-IS 4000D, click here.
Thank you for contacting Singer® Customer Care. The Sew-Ware Conversion Tool, PSW 2.00a and the older PSW 1.0/1.1 are now 15-20 year old programs. Often programs designed to be used with older platforms cannot be used on newer platforms. However we are happy to say we have successfully been able to install them with Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Please see attached directions for installing the PSW software on your new computer. The direction will work for both Vista and Windows 7. We have separate directions for Windows 8. These same steps will work to install the Sew-Ware CT. If you have previously attempted to install the program you will need to use the attached directions to uninstall and remove any remaining files and folders before beginning installation.
In most instances you will need to purchase and install a USB/Serial adapter cable using the CD provided with this cable. Please make sure that this device is compatible with your Windows O/S. If you have a 64-bit system, you will also need to have drivers for this version. This information may be listed on the manufacturer’s website.
Attached is a list of cables that have the FTDI chip that we have found to work well with the PSW and these newer systems. Most others are problematic.
Also attached are directions to check the set up of the adapter cable. Once this device has been installed, connect the adapter cable to the 9-pin null modem cable for either the Sew-Ware or the PSW converter box.
When using a USB cable you may receive the following error when opening the program. Error in cportio.sys. Just click OK and the program should open. This error in no way effects the functionality of the software and will often go away if the embroidery program is reinstalled.
If you need further assistance please let us know.
PSW 2.00a® AND CONVERSION TOOL ON WINDOWS 8 OPERATING SYSTEM
Connecting USB Cables for PSW.
TIPS ON INSTALLING THE CABLE:
Is the cord that connects the Singer to the Computer USB or Serial?The cord used for the Computer/Singer connection is a "Null Modem RS 232 DB9 Male-DB9 Female" (max 5m). If you do not have a Serial port, you will need to obtain a USB Serial Adapter which adds a serial port ot your computer by plugging it into a USB port. Suitable adapters can be obtained from Belkin and Keyspan, as shown below.
a. Belkin F5U103
b. Belkin F5U109
c. Keyspan USA-19QW
Many others can be bought at most Computer stores.
Configuring USB/Serial Converter Cable
These directions are to be used when the consumer has had to purchase an USB/Serial cable to connect their software or XL-6000® to the computer with Windows 98 through XP. They also need to connect the nine-pin serial cable that came with the PSW® or the XL-6000®. (This is a Null Modem cable).
When trying to open the PSW® they will receive a message – “Card Writer Not Found” or if using the Sew-Ware Conversion Tool® the transmission will not go through.
Once this procedure is completed, it may be necessary to re-install the software (especially the PSW).
In the Conversion Tool in the Transmit to Machine dialog box be sure to set the com port setting to the same number that the cable has been set.
November 7, 2014
SINGER TECHNICAL SERVICE NOTICE:
Please note that effective immediately, our LaVergne, Tennessee service facility will
no longer accept SINGER XL-1000, XL-5000, or XL-6000 sewing and embroidery
machines for service.
Should you need to have one of these models repaired in the future, please contact the
service centers we have listed below, they are qualified to repair these machines.
If you require technical assistance when repairing one of the above, you may, however,
continue calling our technical support department.
Lakes Sew Center #7813
3716 E. Main Street Suite 2
Mesa, AZ 85205
(888) 873-9822 or (480) 545-0778
A Family Sewing Center #8008
4950 Wilson Avenue SW Suite 70
Grandville, MI 49418
SVP Worldwide Technical Services
SVP Worldwide * 1224 Heil Quaker Blvd. * LaVergne, TN 37086
Telephone customer service was great when they called back. In the past when I called I was able to talk to representative right then. I'm not always available to talk when someone calls back. It's inconvenient to have to wait on a callback.I've ordered many times from your site and check frequently to see what is new. Keep up the great work! Jane F
Carrol M, Reidsville NC
I am a new quilter and I always go to Allbrands.com for my quilting needs first and use your items as a guideline in looking at other companies but I always come back to Allbrands.com to purchase or do a wish list. Thanks Carroll
John Douthat, AllBrands.com
Theresa, the only embroidery machine with totally automatic top and bobbin threading is the Singer Quantum XL6000 for $2999 at http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp07345.html , made by Juki who also makes all the Bernina sergers. Juki is the world's largest and best quality manufacturer of industrial and home sewing machines and sergers. None of the other top brands has automatic self winding bobbins, although Brother has the same auto top threading mechanism in their 4000D for $4999. Singer is also exclusive with their automatic 2-color threadchange, continuous hoop embroidery, smart media card/pc cable ports, and ability to update the main pc board instead of having to buy a new machine to get upgrades. Hope this helps. Thanks. John Douthat, owner and tech, AllBrands.com
From: Sharon To: firstname.lastname@example.org Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 8:06 PM Subject: General: Dear Ladies, I would like to say thank you for all of the support you have furnished since purchasing the singer 6000, It is the most wonderful machine anyone could ask for. I also have the quantrum cxl and the singer feather weight. Needless to say I truly am a singer fan. i got my first machine in 1955 while we were stationed in california. Keep up the wonderful job you all do I am now 70 yrs old and still sewing. thanks again Sharon