AllBrands has been using the same Wolff "Twice as Sharp" scissor sharpeners in our sewing stores for over 40 years. We have only had to replace grinding and buffing wheels. JMD
- Select 120V or 220V Options Below
- Makes even brand new shears 4 to 6 times sharper than when purchased
- Scissors sharpened on Twice as Sharp will require less pressure to cut thereby reducing stress and will help reduce medical losses associated with carpel tunnel syndrome and cumulative trauma disorders
- This standard (economy) model is great to sharpen fabric, home, and industrial shears
- Free floating arm system & sealed bearings provide years of maintenance free use
- Eye shields, wheel covers, and finger guards for safety
- Standard buffing wheel produces shears 2 to 6 times sharper than new
- Shears-Lock clamp opens wide for thick blades, self-adjusts for balde taper
- 1/2" wide sharpening wheel, 100 grit friable aluminum oxide grain structure prevents burning
- Can use on pinking shears and curved blades
- Fast.....Sharpens 20-30 pairs per hour
- Easy.....Reduces hand pressure 20-50%
- Comes with two 5" wheels:
(1) a 1/2" wide standard sharpening wheel (#27000)
(2) a standard buffing wheel (#25000)
- Available in 110-130 a.c., 60 cycle. Wattage 375. Can be set to run on 220-240 a.c.
U.S. Patent #4,528,778 Manufactured by Wolff Industries (model STD-TAS)
Wolff Industries, Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of industrial scissors sharpeners, professional scissors sharpeners, grooming and beauty shears sharpeners . Wolff Industries, Inc. specializes in stainless steel shears with edges sharper than can be obtained elsewhere. Wolff Industries, Inc. is the world’s largest manufacturer of industrial scissors sharpeners, professional scissors sharpeners, grooming and beauty shears sharpeners .
- Arms Fold Back Against Machine for Compact Storage.
- Fast and Easy Professional Scissors Sharpening.
- Recommended by Leading Scissors Manufacturers.
- 1/4 HP Ball Bearing Condenser Run Motor.
- Instructional Video Included
Pet grooming shears, high quality fabric shears, low priced barber and beauty shears.
High or low volume scissors sharpening
Retail, home, or industrial use
The Twice as Sharp® Professional Scissors Sharpener is designed to make sharpening your customer's shears fast, easy, and precise. The professional system comes equipped with a 100 grit sharpening wheel so you can sharpen customer's shears quickly. A 600 grit professional honing wheel is also included to highly polish your edge leaving a shiny cosmetic finish. The professional honing wheel is designed for pet grooming shears, high quality fabric shears, and low priced barber and beauty shears.
The Twice as Sharp® Professional Scissors Sharpener also comes fitted with an arm and clamp assembly that can be set to match all possible angles on any industrial scissors, grooming shear, or low-end beauty and barber shear up to 14 inches in length. This will allow you to confidently sharpen any shear to the exact angle best suited to your customer’s needs. If you ever have questions about angles or how to sharpen different styles of shears, the Professional Twice as Sharp® comes with an in-depth manual that lists many of the best angles for each different style. If you need more help, give us a call for additional support.
All of Wolff Industries’ scissors sharpeners come with a comprehensive training DVD that will walk you through the steps of sharpening numerous shears. This exhaustive training tool will teach you how to properly use your new sharpener and produce quality results every time!
- US Warranty 1 year parts, 90 days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Item Weight - 12 lbs
- Shipping Weight - 14 lbs
- Shipping - Boxed
- Package Dimensions - 11 x 10 x 10
- Power Source - Corded Electric
- Plug Type - Three Prong
- Voltage - 110 V, 220 V
- Amperage - 1.3 A
- Wattage - 375
- Frequency - 60 Hz, 50 Hz
- Speed - 3450 rpm, 3000 rpm
- Phase - 1
- Horsepower - 1/4 hp
- Motor - condenser run, TENV 100% duty cycle
- Bearings - Precision double-sealed (SKF 6202-2RS1 or equivalent) ball bearings
- Wheel Diameter - 5 in
- Wheel Bore - 0.5 in
- Wheel Face - 0.5 in
- Standard Sharpening Wheel - 100 grit fine grain friable aluminum oxide
- Professional Honing Wheel - 600 grit cotton impregnated with fine silicon carbide
- Sharpening Angles - 0 to 55 degrees
- Clamp Opening - 0.6 in
- Arm Assembly - double sealed Rulon® bearings
Designed for the Professional Sharpener - Wollf's Professional Twice as Sharp is designed to make sharpening your customer's shears fast, easy and precise. The professional system comes equipped with a 100 grit sharpening wheel so you can sharpen the shears your customers entrusts to you quickly, and a 600 grit honing wheel designed to enhance the shear so it will cut twice as sharp as it did when it was brand new. It also comes fitted with an arm and clamp assembly that can bet set to match all possibe angles on any industrial grooming, or low-end beauty/barber shear up to 14 inches in length. This will allow you to confidently sharpen any shear to the exact angle best suited to your customer's needs. An in-depth manual is included if you have questions about angles or how to sharpen different styles of shears. All of Wollf's scissors sharpening systems come with a comprehensive training video that will walk you through the steps of sharpening numerous shears. This exhaustive training tool will teach you how to properly use your new sharpener and produce quality results every time! Includes: Motor; Arm; Clamp; Wheels; Safety Glasses; Dust Mask; Scissors Lubricant; Pink Hone; Wheel Dressing Brick; Eye Shields; Hex Wrench; Angle Gage; Instruction Manual; Training Video. Billable transportation charges for freight intensive items will be the greater of the dimensional weight compared to the actual weight. In addition to transportation charges, freight carriers may assess an additional oversize charge per package.
- 14" stroke without reclamping
- Weight: Unit only 12 pounds; Boxed 14 pounds.
- Voltage: 110-130 a.c., 60 cycle. Wattage 375, 3450 rpm can be set to run on 220-240 a.c. 50/60 cycle, 3000 rpm
- Motor: 1/4 H.P. condenser run. TENV 100% duty cycle
- Bearings: Precision ball bearings. Double sealed (SKF 6202-2RS1 or equivalent)
- Arms: Double sealed Rulon bearings, no maintenance required
- Sharpening Wheel: 5" x 1/2" x 1/2", 100 grit aluminum silicon carbide
- Buffing Wheel: Nylon impregnated with fine silicon carbide
- Sharpening Angles: 0 to 57
- Clamp Opening: .600"
- Special clamp position scissors for precise duplication of bevel.
- Sharpen curved blades and pinking shears easily.
- Lifetime sealed bearings provide years of maintenance free use.
- 1/4 Hp Ball Bearing, condenser runs motor at 3450 rpm.
Easy-to-read manual and video tape included.
See All Wolff Twice as Sharp Videos
- Twice as Sharp® Standard Scissors Sharpener
- Standard Sharpening Wheel
- Professional Honing Wheel
- Standard Shears-Lock Clamp
- Angle Gage
- Pink Hone
- Scissors Lubricant
- Wheel Dresser
- Hex Wrench
- Sales Poster
- Safety Glasses
- Dust Mask
- Operator's Manual
- Training DVD
All is well, Thank You.
Wolff Industries, Spartensburg SC
Wolff Industries is the world’s largest manufacturer of industrial scissors sharpeners. Specializing in stainless steel shears with edges sharper than can be obtained elsewhere. Brands include: Wolff®, Twice As Sharp®, Ergonomix®, OOKAMI®, OOKAMI Gold®, Kai®, Mundial®, HomeStar®, Dritz® and other leading brands.. BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON LEE WOLFF Inventor of the Twice as Sharp® In 1957 Lee Wolff started a sewing machine sales and service business. Fabrics and a complete line of sewing needs were added in 1963, and the number of employees grew to 25 to handle the volume. During those years, Lee did a great deal of scissors sharpening and repair and made important modifications on the available scissors sharpening equipment. In 1971 Lee and Mary Wolff became the first major importer and distributor of plastic handled scissors in the United States. They started to manufacture sewing scissors in 1973 under the trade name of KNIP. A U.S. patent was granted on the KNIP. The scissors factory was sold to American Scissors Corp. in 1980 and moved to the south. Lee set up the factory and innovated many new manufacturing processes. The July 1983 Consumers Reports rates the American Scissors designed and produced by Lee Wolff as a best buy. He also designed a full line of unique plastic handled scissors with interchangeable parts. Lee worked on the perfecting of scissors sharpening equipment for many years. It is necessary to accurately control the cutting angles, reduce burr formation during sharpening, and do deburring and micro-sharpening as a final process. This method produces scissors that are normally twice as sharp, therefore the name Twice as Sharp® scissors sharpener. A United States patent has been granted as well as several foreign patents. Lee passed away in November of 1996 and his son David Wolff became president of Wolff Industries, Inc.