In Stock! Cut, sew, and finish in a single step! Working with an overlocker means saving time and stitching fast.
Sewing projects take shape quickly and with little effort.
Innovative features make BERNINA overlockers delightfully easy to use, ensuring professional quality down to the very last stitch.
The overlocker is the perfect companion to a sewing machine.
- High-quality stitches
- Wave-free seams
- Fast and smooth at any speed
- Easy and ergonomic threading with the color-coded threading path
- Well-lighted, large sewing space
Patented Micro Thread Control (mtc)
- Easy to Use - a one-step adjustment fine tunes looper stitches to fit the cut edge
- Reduces test sew outs looking for the perfect stitch
- Creates professional seams and perfectly finished edges
- Two bright LED lights illuminate the sewing area as well as the looper threading area
- Serger tools are easily accessible in the looper cover door – and always at your fingertips
- Cut-offs bin for fabrics and threads; also great for storing the foot control when not in use
Precise and Flexible
- Sew fast and smoothly at any speed
- Stitch and cut thick fabrics with ease and precision
- Stitch wave-free seams in knits and pucker-free seams in fine fabrics with differential feed
- Easy & ergonomic threading with the manual needle threader
- Simple lower looper threading with the lower looper threader
- Thread successfully following the color-coded path and using the handwheel positioning window
- Accessible & easy thread cutting on the external thread cutter
- Sews, cuts, and finishes seams in one operation for efficiency and with precision
- Easy and comfortable to handle even for beginners 2-3-4 thread stitch formations provide the most flexibility in selecting the perfect stitch
- Professional stitch quality each time
- Excellent rolled hemming
- Perfect for stretchy and woven fabrics
- Ruffles and gathers automatically with differential feed
- Patented Micro Thread Control (MTC)
- LED sewing light for needle and looper area
- Thread Tension release with presser foot lift.
- Five Step Presser foot pressure adjustment
- Two-step presser foot lift with front foot lift.
BERNINA overlocker/serger L 460 / L 450: overlocking elasticated materials perfectly. This video tutorial shows you how to process even difficult, highly elasticated materials (e.g. lycra, spandex) perfectly with the BERNINA L 460 or L 450 overlocker/serger -- sew, cut, and trim in one pass. The BERNINA differential feed makes this particularly simple: it prevents unwanted puckering and ensures smooth, flat, even seams, even on fine and slippery fabrics. The upper hook is disabled for this purpose. Our video clearly shows step by step how to achieve perfect sewing results with the BERNINA L 460 and L 450. You will be surprised how easy it is and how many options are open to you -- from comfortable stretch casual wear to your own swimwear.
BERNINA overlocker/serger L 460 / L 450: tips and tricks, fine-tuning. This video tutorial shows you how to work the BERNINA overlocker/serger L 460's or L 450's fine-tuning options in order to achieve technically and optically perfect results. This will teach you, for example, how to create perfectly accurate seams by finely adjusting the tension or use the variable stitch length to optimally adapt the selected stitch to the fabric and thread. What is more, the video shows how you can also adjust the differential feed while sewing in order to achieve perfectly flat, wave-free seams. The BERNINA L 460 and L 450 feature innovative micro thread control (mtc) which can even be used to make fine adjustments while the machine is in operation in order to achieve professional sewing results.
BERNINA overlocker/serger L 460 / L 450: care and maintenance. Regular cleaning and maintenance ensures that your high-quality sewing machine works properly for many years and offers the unique sewing comfort that you expect from BERNINA. In this video tutorial, we will show you how to service the BERNINA overlocker/serger L 460 and L 450.
Please note: before beginning to clean your overlocker, switch it off and remove the plug from the mains. The needle plate is easy to remove to facilitate cleaning. Open the fabric coating plate and hook cover to gain access to the essential functional elements. After cleaning, put the machine back together. Set your BERNINA L 460 or L 450 to sew for around a minute to allow the oil to distribute evenly.
Overlocker Tool Tip Serger Anatomy. Learn more about the dials, parts and pieces that make up your BERNINA L 450 serger. This overview is helpful to get you acquainted with your serger/overlocker.
Bernina Overlockers at a Glance
Bernina Overlockers Workbook
Bernina L450 Mastery Workbook
Bernina L450 Videos by SewingMastery.com
WHAT IS DIFFERENTIAL FEED? Bernina Blog February 13, 2019, by Jaime David
OVERLOCKER FOR BEGINNERS—AN INTRODUCTION TO SERGERS, April 4, 2020, Hayley Grzych Bernina We All Sew Blog
- US Warranty 5 year limited warranty on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
This promotional price is set to expire at the end of the month
Good news, we have now received the
final adjusting tool for the L450/L460.
We have made many changes to the
different looper and overall adjustments
to increase the overall performance of
the machine, and to eliminate skipping
stitches with certain fabrics, threads and
machine sewing settings.
Please compare the gauges next to each
other and see the different measurements.
Please dispose of the original gauge #
22850 and order the new gauge # 22948,
the tension calibration reset gauge #
22844. The service manual is available
on Infogate under US-65564-5 or
It is most important that all (original
and latest machines are being adjusted
using ONLY the new final gauge
Using the original gauge for any adjustments
causes major issues with current
machines and does not resolve skipping
issues with original machines