*Free $10 Essential Jiffy 0898 Liquid Cleaner Solution. Remove Scale & Hard Water Deposits from Steam Boiler Tank, 10oz Bottle FREE with some Uprights. Ship Ground in USA Only
The Jiffy Model J-2 garment steamer is recommended for home or light commercial usage with 1300 watts of steaming power. The J-2 offers the power to remove wrinkles quickly and effectively, reducing the need to iron. Steam is so gentle that you can apply it to most fabrics without fear of scorching. The base of the steamer unit is solid die cast aluminum that offers durability. Provides steam in less than 2 minutes and will continue to steam for 2 hours per filling.
- Quick 2-minute heat up time
- 5 Times Faster Than Ironing For Removing Wrinkles
- Steam furniture upholstery to bring back the showroom finish you remember
- Will remove wrinkles from clothing, drapery, tablecloths, even hats and other hard-to-treat items
- 1 Gallon removable water tank supplies steam for up to 2 Hours
- 1300 Watt heating element die cast in solid brass
- New "no spill" check valve removes the stress and mess from adding water
- Automatic safety system turns the J-2 off when the water runs dry
- No scorching or shining: your dry-cleaner knows steam is the gentlest, safest, most efficient method to remove wrinkles
- Cast aluminum housing unit for durability
- 360 degrees swivel casters allow freedom of movement
- Lightweight, flexible hose
- Backed by Jiffy's incredible customer service - should your steamer need repair, send it to Jiffy and they will repair and ship the unit within 24 hours from its arrival to their repair facility
- Numerous optional attachments available to expand the J-2's steaming capabilities
- Made in the USA
Return to Top
Return to Top
Click here to learn which Jiffy Steamer is right for you (.pdf)
Click here to view a comparison chart for popular Jiffy Steamer models (.pdf)
"How to Steam Guide" (.pdf)
Jiffy Owner's Manual
Jiffy Steamer World Power Supply Configurations
Find more about Jiffy Repair Services
- US Warranty 3 Year Warranty
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
Water Capacity: 1 Gallon
Steam Time (Continuous): 2 hours
Steaming Head: 6" Wide Plastic
Hose Length: 5.5 Feet
Weight: 17lbs / 7.7kg
Voltage: 120V or 230V
Safety: Fusible link with automatic shut-off
Electrical Certifications: UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CE, NOM, ANCE
Country of origin: USA
Return to Top
- J-2 Base Unit
- Water bottle
- Steam head and hose attachment
- Assembly Wrench
- Owner's manual
- Rod set
Return to Top
1. Made in the USA.
2. Our products are the originals.
3. We invented the product and process.
4. We are the industry leader.
5. Oldest (since 1940) and largest (currently 1,000 dealers serving over 45 countries) garment steamer manufacturer in the world.
6. 3-Year Warranty on all Jiffy Steamer products. This is the best in the industry and represents our confidence in the products we manufacture.
7. 24 / 7 / 365 ordering capabilities through www.allbrands.com
8. Next day delivery option available (even on Saturday in some zip codes).
9. A warm, friendly, knowledgeable and LIVE voice every time you call during business hours. As a matter of fact, the customer service representative that you speak with has completed a 2 week training course and knows how to build and repair Jiffy Steamers…they can help you.
10. Should your unit require repair, we have a 24 hour repair turn-around time…your steamer will be repaired and back on a UPS truck within 24 hours after your approval of the repair quote.
11. All our steamers are fully customizable with a host of options for steam head / hose attachments, cord plugs and voltage.
12. Each Jiffy Steamer is handcrafted in our Union City, Tennessee factory. We never compromise on quality, materials or workmanship. Take a look “under the hood” of our products. You will find stainless steel, brass, copper, incoloy and silicone braided color-coded wiring. This quality is simply not found in competitor’s products.
13. We have an ultra-low products return percentage. Every unit is 100% tested and steamed before it leaves our assembly line.
14. Our staff is experienced…more than any other garment steamer manufacturer in the world with over 603 years (and counting) of manufacturing knowledge.
15. Our staff is dedicated…with an average tenure of 17 years employment at our company for our associates.
16. It takes, on average, 52 unique stages to build a Jiffy Steamer product within our factory. Care is taken at every step.
17. Use what the professionals use…Jiffy Steamers…our products can be found in over 95% of the chain retail clothing stores.
18. We build commercial-grade units across all of our product lines…travel, residential and industrial categories.
19. A new Jiffy Steamer is put into use, somewhere around the globe, every 6.57 minutes…you are in good company!
20. Not everyone can iron, but anyone can steam! The process is easily learned and mastered.
21. Our products are protected by multiple patents and trademarks.
A Closer Look into Garment Care
Steaming vs. Ironing
Your clothes are an investment. Don't you want to apply the safest, gentlest method for removing wrinkles?
To determine which method of removing wrinkles is the better option for fabric care, steaming and ironing were put to the test.
- Two identical 6" x 6" squares of black wool were purchased from a local fabric store.
- We steamed sample "A" for 1 minute with a Model J-2000 Jiffy ® Steamer.
- Sample "B" was ironed for 1 minute, on the proper heat setting, with a top-of-the-line residential iron.
- We then bagged, labeled, and submitted both samples to MVA Scientific Consultants in Norcross, Georgia for detailed magnification.
The Scanned Electron Microscope (SEM) images show any damage that may have occurred.
|Sample A - Steamed||Sample A - Steamed|
|Sample B - Ironed||Sample B - Ironed|
The fibers in sample "A" are in near perfect condition due to the gentle nature of steam. However, the fibers in sample "B" are clearly distorted. You can easily recognize the damaged fibers caused by just one application of the iron's hot sole plate.
Unlike ironing, steam actually relaxes the fibers rather than crushing them.
Now that you have a closer look into garment care, use what the professionals use…
a JIFFY ® STEAMER!
Steam Kills Dust Mites
Do you or family members suffer from allergies?
A 2003 Environmental Protection Agency report stated that childhood asthma rates are doubling. The EPA report is the agency’s second comprehensive look at the environmental hazards to children’s health. The finding showed the percentage of children getting asthma has doubled in two decades, rising from 3.6 percent in 1980 to 8.7 percent, or 6.3 million children by 2001. The exact cause for the increase is unknown but researchers state a number of factors have been studied. Those range from exposure to dust mites, cockroaches and pesticides to tobacco smoke, ozone and soot. EPA officials are examining the role of indoor air pollutants, such as dust mites, especially since there have been modest improvements since 1990 in lessening exposure to outdoor air pollutants. The reduction of indoor factors will be the key to reversing this trend. 1
Dust Mites are microscopic creatures related to the spider family. They are invisible to the human eye and are about 0.3mm in length. They live on human skin flakes. They are most prevalent in the bedroom where millions can exist in your mattress, boxspring, pillows and comforters. They are also found in upholstered furniture, carpeting and other fabric items. Dust mites produce 20 or more fecal pellets per day, which is the primary allergen to humans. We inhale these allergens while sleeping and during periods when these particles become airborne such as when vacuuming and disturbing the infested fabrics.
It has been proven that dust mites and their allergen Der p1 are a major factor in allergic reactions. A key to controlling allergic reactions is controlling the dust mite population in your home. Lower mite populations lower the amount of mite allergen, Der p1. Other clinical studies have revealed that avoidance of dust mite allergens in early childhood can prevent the onset of asthma in adults. A study as reported in the Journal of Clinical and Experimental Allergy tested the feasibility and effectiveness of using a portable, domestic steamer for the control of dust mites, its effects on mite populations and concentration of the allergen Der p1.2
A domestic steamer was used to treat carpet squares that were seeded with a known number of dust mites. The number of live mites was monitored for 4 months and in 8 test squares and 8 control squares. Measurement of mite populations and allergen levels were taken before and after steaming with a domestic steamer.
The results showed two significant findings. No live mites were found in any of the eight steam-treated carpet squares. In contrast, the numbers of live mites extracted from the eight-control squares rose from a mean of 11 on day 3 to 185 four months later. The fact that no live mites were found in any of the eight steam-treated carpet squares at any time during the study shows that steaming is a highly efficient method of killing house dust mites. More significant for allergy sufferers is the measurement of the allergen Der p1. There was no difference in the concentration of Der p1 in dust samples of untreated carpets, but in those which had been steam cleaned there was an average 87% fall in the concentration of Der p1.
The study concluded with:
"Steaming requires nothing more than water and heat and therefore is non-polluting compared with mite eradication methods that require the use of detergents and other chemical agents. Furthermore, the design of domestic steamers, [such as the Jiffy® Steamer], renders it safe for domestic use as long as the operating instructions are followed. In addition, we observed no damage, or shrinkage of the fabric, nor discoloration and the carpet dried within a half-hour of treatment. There is no indication of prolonged retention of residual moisture, as with wet-vacuum cleaning which may promote mite population growth.
Finally, steaming as reported herein is the only method of house dust mite control that combines effective killing of mites and substantial reduction in allergen concentrations within a single system. These factors, taken together, render domestic steamers, [such as the Jiffy® Steamer], especially suitable for the management of dust mites and their allergens in the homes of allergy sufferers."
For additional information and reading on maintaining a healthy home, you may want to consider a book by Jeffrey C. May titled "My House Is Killing Me! The Home Guide for Families with Allergies and Asthma".3
Helpful Links for Dust Mite/Asthma Information:
1 As reported by Associated Press February 26, 2003
2 MJ Coloff, C Taylor, TG Merrett. The use of domestic steam cleaning for the control of house dust mites. Clinical and Experimental Allergy 1995 25: 1061-6.
3 May, Jeffrey C(2001). My House is Killing Me! The Home Guide for Families with Allergies and Asthma. John Hopkins University Press.
The steamer must be used in the vertical position only. If the hose is being held correctly and steaming and item in the vertical position, there should be no water droplets. However, as you steam towards the lower portion of a garment, you will need to extend the hose periodically to allow any condensation to go back down from the hose into the steamer base. This will also keep the hose from spitting water as well. When the head is placed in the rod set hook, be sure that the holes are faced upward when not in use.
The steamer I ordered doesn't put out the amount of steam I expected. I have a drapery workroom and I can't use it on the table because of the water spitting. Is there a steamer that will work horizontally and vertically? I have a Reliable boiler iron and am looking for that kind of steam. Can I return this steamer and get something better? Beverly
Jiffy Steamer is intended to be used upright so the steam can rise out of the hose. The steamer, if used horizontally will spit water out. The Jiffy also provides a continuous soft flow of steam, when being used correctly. Jiffy
Thank you for the expeditious delivery for my Jiffy J-2 Steamer which is everything I was looking for.
Rebecca H, Sacramento CA
So glad I found your company I was able to buy all my products needed to help start my new business.
Carol Gonzales, SewForum.com
Hi and thanks all for the help. I am going to order a new one next week-am heading out of town tomorrow. Mine has served me well and is probably easily six years old. I removed all the horrible wallpaper borders that were in the house with it and dewrinkled all of my clothes almost every day of those six years with it. Carol
Natalia, Chihuahua, Mexico
I have my Jiffy Steamer from 15 years ago and still working great, I highly recommend it !!! It´s worth every cent of the investment...
This was a wedding gift; I think the bride and groom will be happy.
I appreciate the good service and price.
You folks have exceeded my expectations! Thank you
Was referred by member of an upholstery forum. Some said it was not possible to get the J2 for the price you sell (guess they were wrong). I was looking for the J2 specifically because of the quick heat up over the larger model (I did not compare any other products). I am completely satisfied with the product and company. I will be back to buy from you again. Thanks Steve
I was pleased with the transaction and will use your company if other products are needed.
always great service and prices. THANK YOU !!
Thank you, this product is for my second home, I already have one since many years ago, and I use it every day.....I can´t live without it!!!!
I was very happy with the price, delivery and quality of product. Thank you very much.
Over all I'm happy with my purchased, and would even recommend it to friends.
I am very pleased with my purchase. I called to ask some questions and the customer service was excellent!
I am very pleased with my purchase. I called to ask some questions and the customer service was excellent!
Leila, North Dakota
I have ordered from you in the past and each experience has been satisfactory and I would of course purchase from you again in the future. Thank you.
I like what you do because you do it well. I'll be back if I ever need a product you carry.
Emily L., Staten Island, NY
I do alot of online shopping, and your website and speed of shipment, along with tracking ability, is much, much better than average. Other companies could learn from you.
Jared C., Washington, DC
This is my third purchase from your company of a Jiffy Steamer and I have been very satisfied each time.
DARCY H., VALENCIA, CA
ALLBRANDS MADE EVERYTHING SIMPLE, I'M A VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER WITH YOUR SERVICE AND PRODUCT. THANK YOU
Karen A., Woodbridge, VA
I was totally pleased with the entire experience of shopping with your website. The only thing I missed was having an additionaly 'coupon' to use towards my purchase!
Debbie G, Bonita Springs FLA
It was a pleasant shopping experience. Thanks.
Deborah J, Petoskey MI
I have ordered several products in the past, and I have always received excelent service. I have recommended your company to several of my "machine knitting" friends, when looking for any related products you may carry. Great job, as always! Debbie
Shellita C, New York NY
Good product presentation and information, great price, fast delivery. A pleasant shopping experience indeed.
Coleen R, Bedford TX
Love my steamer! Thank you.
Rebecca D., Spring Hill FL
I've definately bookmarked your site! We purchased a Jiffy Steamer from you, and you were the best price on the internet or elsewhere. And we shopped. Our steamer arrived super fast direct from the manufacturer. Excellent service! Thank You!