- Please remove any circular perforated backlash spring from inside your bobbin case when using Magna Core bobbins, so they have better contact with your metal bobbin case. (Remove perforated flat backlash spring from inside metal rotary bobbin cases when using magnetic bobbins to stop the bobbin from turning after machine stops. Magnetic core bobbins need better contact with bobbin case. ).
- Fil-Tec's revolutionary magnetic core embroidery bobbin is the only bobbin specifically designed to sew without tension variation throughout the entire bobbin. The magnetic core, combined with our advanced EB "crosslink" technology optimizes dynamic thread delivery to create consistent tension from beginning to end of each bobbin.
Uniform Tension Control
- Our patented magnetic core creates consistent delivery throughout the entire bobbin. No more interruptions for tension adjustments as your bobbin gets smaller. Magnetic core prevents backlash or over spin and eliminates the need for backlash springs.
Fewer Bobbin Changes
- Our magnetic core bobbin offers significantly more stitches per bobbin reducing defects and increasing productivity.
- Advanced EB cross-link technology reduces lint and residual build-up in the bobbin case and tension spring. The result is a more trouble-free bobbin
Babylock - most models
Bernina 180, 185, 200, 640, 730, 1630, Deco
Bernina "The Anniversary Edition" 435 or 450.
Brother - most models
Elna most models
Hinterberg Voyager 17 and Weekender
Janome most models
Juki all models
Nolting (Fun Quilter, Hobby Quilter, and machines with L hook)
Pfaff all models
Viking/Husqvarna: Rose, Designer I, II, SE, Diamond
I have a Brother Nouvelle 1500S. Can I use the magna glide bobbins in this machine. Because of the magnetic band in it I was concerned.
I use these in my longarm quilting machine.
Magna Glide bobbins work better in embroidery and quilting machines because of the frequency of high speed start and stop, and to prevent backlash of bobbin thread. But since they are sideless, Brother recommends only metal bobbins for their PQ1500S. Magna Glide bobbins may work, but Brother did not develop the bobbin case for anything but metal bobbins. As a matter of fact, the Brother bobbin case already has an anti backlash insert in the bottom of their bobbin cases to prevent bobbin thread from spinning off after abrupt stops. So it would have to be removed before trying sideless bobbins.