Sliding Arm Allows You to Convex the Entire Front Surface of the Shear! No More Missing the Back Side of the Spine!!
Ergonomically Correct Fixture Mimics Free-Hand Sharpening Perfectly! Variable Speed, forward and Reverse with Quick Change Head! Create a Factory Look and Factory Edge!!!
The Hira-To® is a single head flat hone with a patented fixture and arm assembly. The fixture sharpens both right hand and left hand shears and allows you to set a precise angle making sharpening a breeze. The sliding arm allows the sharpener to convex the entire front surface of the shear. Because of this the sharpener will not miss the back side of the spine. The machine has variable speed, forward and reverse controls, and a quick change head.
- Patented Fixture and Arm Assembly, designed by Roger Kaye of Rapid Edge, Inc.
- Fixture designed to Sharpen Both Right and Left Hand Shears!
- The Flat Inside of the Shear is Clamped into the Head of the Fixture Enabling You to Set an Accurate Angle Every Time!
- Sliding Arm Allows You to Convex the Entire Front Surface of the Shear! No More Missing the Back Side of the Spine!!
- Ergonomically Correct Fixture Mimics Free-Hand Sharpening Perfectly!
- Variable Speed, forward and Reverse with Quick Change Head!
- Create a Factory Look and Factory Edge!
- US Warranty 90 Days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Available with PSA or hook & loop
- Made in the USA by Wolff Industries, Inc.
- Forward, stop, and reverse switchng
- 0 - 2500 RPM variable speed
- Electronic shaft break
- 12 Vdc quick connect LED lamp
- Patented flat hone fixture - technology licensed from Roger Kaye - Rapid Edge Inc.
- Rotating head and shaft contoured for comfort
- Engraved angle setting from 25 to 65 degrees
- Sharpens both right and left hand shears
- More information on the Hira-To®
- Buy the HIRA-TO® with PSA abrasive pads
- 1 3 Micron Diamond Polishing Pad
- 30 Assorted Micron Discs
- 1 Ceramic Water Stone
- 1 Training DVD
- 1 Dust Mask & Safety Goggles
- 1 Scissors Lube
- 3 Practice Shears
- 1 Bottle H-42
- 1 Owners Manual
- 1 Set Adjusting Tool
- 1 Small Repair Parts Kit
- 1 Deluxe Screw Pliers Kit
The Hira-To® comes fully equipped with everything you'll need to go out and start sharpening! It also comes with a set of practice shears for you to hone your skills on! The DVD and manual will get you started and Wolff provides support and training if desired!
A flat hone is a machine fitted with a horizontal plate. An abrasive is applied to the plate either directly or with a plate system like the Hira-To®.
What's so special about this Flat Hone?
The Hira-To® is not just a flat hone, it's a sharpening system! It's equipped with the same state of art, patented fixture as the Rapid Edge® Sharpening System. This fixture has been proven time and time again in sharpening competitions across the country! It mimics free-hand factory sharpening perfectly and guarantees a consistent, quality edge every time!
What are the differences between the Rapid Edge® and the Hira-To®?
Both are excellent machines! The main "functional" difference is the number of heads. The Hira-To® is a single head system and the Rapid Edge® is a five head system. On the Hira-To®, you have to change abrasive plates as you sharpen. The Rapid Edge® is designed so you can go from plate to plate. Another difference is the ability to sharpen right and left hand shears. The Hira-To® fixture will sharpen both. The Rapid Edge® fixture only sharpens right handed shears. The other difference is the price.
What kind of shears will the Hira-To® sharpen?
The Hira-To® sharpening system is designed to sharpen hollow-ground/ high-end beauty and grooming shears. It will sharpen both convex and bevel edge shears equally well!
What is the difference between a convex and bevel edged shear?
A convex shear has a clam shell face that flows from the spine (or top) of the blade to the edge. A bevel edged shear is normally face-ground and beveled at the edge similar to a knife.
What do you mean by hollow-ground?
High-end beauty and grooming shears are hollowed out along the inside of the blade. This allows for less resistance while cutting and a smoother cut as well. The edge of the hollow is flattened from the back of the ride area behind the screw to the tip along the cutting edge. This is called the ride line and lends strength to the edge. This ride line mush be re-established each time you sharpen!
How do you re-establish the ride line?
The Hira-To® sharpening system comes equipped with a 6000 grit ceramic water stone. You use this stone to work the inside of a hollow-ground shear to re-establish the ride line.
Is it easy to sharpen a beauty shear?
This system makes it simple, but it's not easy. You still must understand the complexities of the shear you are working. That is why the Hira-To® comes with a DVD explaining the ins-and-outs of sharpening.
I am from Australia and the 240volt option was not on the website.After making contact, the option was added very quickly allowing to place my order. Well done thanks.
Recomend and fast shipment