The HYS-58 quickly generates its own steam using only tap water. A special filter resin prevents clogging. New Conex heat canopy deflects heat rise, keeping handle cool. Temperature control is accurate to 2 degrees. Safe for any fabric. Comes complete with water tank, filter resin, water hose and iron rest.
- Electric Micro-Switch Operation
- Water Bottle Feed
- Weight 4.18 lbs. 900W
- Complete with water bottle, filter resin - 1lb. Bag, cleaning kit, and iron rest
- New steam chamber for easy cleaning
- Liquid type sensor thermostat
- Urethane grip handle
- Heat Shield
- Light touch microswitch
- Tuffram sole coating
- One piece chamber & solepate
- US Warranty 90 Days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Specially designed for use in garment factory, laundry and dry cleaners, apparel and alteration stores, boutiques, department stores, hotels, hospitals, etc.
- Easy, precise steam volume control with micro-switch operation
- Ergonomic design with contoured handle to fit your hand
- Wood handle is designed to fit the human hand and has natural insulation properties for operator comfort
- Gently beveled soleplate makes smooth, easy ironing with no marking or tracking
- Temperature control using a liquid sensor thermostat for percision and accuracy
- Flush temperature dial is flush with the surface of the rear plate for finger light temperature adjustments
- Heat shield improved non-woven Nomex material protects the hand from heat up to 280 degrees Celsius
- Excellent visibility with complete open end handle design allows the user to see the point of the iron at all times
- Iron safely without watering at lower temperatures and pressures (20 - 80 psi, 1.5 - 5.5 bar) allows you to iron under the best conditions to prevent fabric damage
- Extremely energy efficient
- New hard nickel coating means smoother ironing with less resistance, ironing surface cleans easily with just a cloth, and there's no Teflon non stick shoe required!
- Soleplate: Hard nickel
- Electrical: 110/220 V, 880 Watts
- Weight: 3.74 lbs to 5.5 lbs
- HYS58 Iron head is 4.8 pounds
Typical Instruction Book for Gravity Feed Irons from Asia
How to Use a Gravity Feed Iron
User Review, Initial Impressions, Gravity Feed Iron by A Little Sewing.com
What is a gravity feed steam iron? from Shelley Moore, eHow.com Contributor
steam generator versus gravity-feed iron - Sewing Forum - GardenWeb.com
steam generator or gravity-feed iron on PatternReview.com
Gravity Feed Irons by NancyKsews.com
Cool Tool: Gravity Feed Iron in ThreadsMagazine.com
I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, so I know that shipping my iron to and from you for repair will be fairly expensive but what would I be looking at for parts and repair costs? The thermostat is fine but when I press the steam button, next to no steam comes out and if I have the iron turned off but forget to close the water bottle valve, water pours out of the iron as soon as I turn the iron power on.
Juanita, the solenoid probably needs to be replaced. It stays open and will not open and close when you activate the steam switch on and off. You can send your HYS-58 directly to Naomoto below. John
1836 E. Ontario St.
Philadelphia, PA 19134
We are extremely happy with the Naomoto HYS-58 Iron. It's a little heavier than other, less expensive irons, but it has a sleeker design, is better weighted so it doesn't tip back, and it has a more effective heat shield. The iron also comes with a couple small tools, and instructions on how to troubleshoot and fix minor problems. This iron is highly recommendable!