Note: Singer 14T968DC 5 Thread Cover Stitch Serger is from the same Shanghai factory as Viking Huskylock S21 4-Thread Cover Stitch Serger, and Viking Huskylock S25 5-Thread Cover Stitch Serger, so the same Inspira accessories that fit Viking S21 and S25 sergers will work on Singer 14T968DC. John Douthat, AllBrands.
*Click HERE for latest Singer Professional 5 Overlock Workbook Part 1 pdf for 14T968DC
*Click HERE for latest Singer Professional 5 Overlock Workbook Part 2 for 14T968DC
All 7 Feet Included: Regular on Machine, plus FREE Taping, Cording, Shirring, BlindStitch Hem, Elastic, and Beading.
AllBrands is an Authorized Singer Dealer and Factory Service Center for any repairs needed including warranty parts, electrical and labor. We give unlimited technical support by email, fax and phone. We service machines in our stores. Mass merchants do not have tech service or repair departments for your equipment. They are unable to help you directly, only referring any operational, mechanical or electronic questions back to the manufacturer instead of taking care of the problems themselves. Manufacturers and customers should expect that any problems you have will be taken care of by the dealer or merchant who sold you the equipment, not by just referring your questions back to the manufacturer.
Exceptional features. Superior performance. Extraordinary value.
In addition to its decorative capabilities, the QUANTUMLOCK has features that make your sewing even easier:
- Cuts, Sews and Finishes in One Simple Operation
- Differential Feed
Fully adjustable to ensure an even feed for perfect seams on every fabric - no breaking or puckering
- Adjustable Cutting Width and Clean Pocket
A moveable upeer knife cuts fabric for 5-7mm seams. The attachable clean pocket then catches the trimmed material as you sew.
- Color-coded Lay-in Tension
With complete, easy-to-read diagrams, this feature makes threading your QuantumLock a snap
- Consumer's Choice
More people own Singer machines than all other brands combined.
- 5-4-3-2 Thread Configurations
- Easy Threading Diagram
- Differential Feed
- Adjustable Cutting Width
- Color-Coded Lay-In Tension
- Auto Tension System
- Cover Hem And Lower Looper Auto Threaders
- Attachable Clean Pocket
- 10-Piece Accessory Kit
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Sews Up 1,300 Stitches Per Minute
- Soft Dust Cover
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lift
- Built-in Roller Hem
- Electronic Speed Control
- No Freearm on this model
- Includes 6 optional presser feet and easy threading diagram
- Attachable Clean Pocket
Create garments and gifts with professional results every time! The Singer Professional 5 sews at 1,300 stitches per minute with 5/4/3/2 thread capability and differential feed. It has a fully automatic self adjusting tension system and adjustable stitch width. Includes 6 optional presser feet: Taping, Cording, Shirring, Blindstitch Hem, Elastic, and Beading.
Singer Serger QuantumLock 14T967DC pattern B video 1 Threading the Lower Looper.
Click HERE for all other You Tube Videos on Singer Professional 14T968DC Serger
- US Warranty 25 Years Mechanical Parts, 2 Years Electrical Parts, 1 Year Service Labor on defects in material or workmanship.
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Stitch Guide on Machine
- 1300 Stitches per Minute
- 5/4/3/2 Thread Capability
- Differential Feed
- Fully Automatic Self Adjusting Tension
- Easy Threading Diagram
- Attachable Clean Pocket
- 25 Year Limited Warranty
- Fully Automatic Self-Adjusting Tension System
- 2/3/4/5 Thread Capability
- Triple Cover Stitch (5.6 mm)
- Double Cover Stitch (5.6 mm)
- Straight Chainstitch
- Rolled Hem & Flatlock Stitches
- ONLINE EXTRA NO. 1 - Comprehensive Stitch Workbook
- ONLINE EXTRA NO. 2 - Detailed Threading Guide
Have you been wanting a full featured serger but have not been wanting to spend a $1000 to get one? Your wait is over. With 14 different stitches and 21 different stitch functions there is nothing this serger can’t do. Make a shirt from start to finish in less time that it takes to make lunch. Sew together a pair of shorts or a sweatshirt from start to finish without moving from in front of the serger. This serger is equipped with a differential feed system allowing you to sew stretch materials without having them pucker. Sew your finest materials without the edge roll up on you. This machine also has one of the most powerful motors available on a home serger. It can sew through denim, cotton, muslin, satin, and silk with ease. It has a fully automatic self adjusting tension system and adjustable stitch width. This serger is a quality made serger and will give you years and years of faithful service. Includes 6 presser feet: Taping, Cording, Shirring, Blindstitch Hem, Elastic, and Beading.
Unique Features of the 14T968DC
Auto Tension System
The innovative tension system on the 14T968DC makes setting the tension for different stitch functions completely effortless. Select the stitch by letter on the stitch selection knob and it sets the tension automatically. One step and you are ready to do the most amazing stitches that you could ever imagine.
Lower Looper Auto Threaders
The Singer 14T968DC serger is equipped with auto lower and chain stitch looper threaders to make it much easier to thread the lower threads on your serger. No more having to turn the serger on its side to thread. This makes those tight hard to reach areas a thing of the past
Differential Feed System
Wondering what differential feed is? Differential feed is a two part feed dog system that allows you to change the speed of the front feed dog independently from the back feed dog. By setting the differential feed to a faster setting this allows the machine to feed stretchy material into the serger faster than it feeds the material out. This helps to keep the material from stretching and casuing a lettacing or rippling affect. Do the opposite and slow the front feed dog down and it actually will stretch a light weight material a small amount keeping it from puckering. The differential feed also helps when you are wanting to gather material.
Adjustable Stitch Width
If you need the stitch narrow or wide the adjustable stitch width knob on the Singer 14T968DC is on the outside of the machine and very easy to see and turn. Stitch width is adjustable from 4.5 mm to 7.5 mm
Color Coded Threading System
The Singer 14T968DC has a fully color coded threading system. Just follow the thread color on the tension all the way through to the end and you will never make a threading mistake. Also included with your New 14T968DC is a full color threading instruction pamplet. This walks you through the threading of your serger step by step.
Built-In Roll Hem
The Singer New Singer 14T968DC Serger has a built-in roll hem needle plate. You no longer have to take the needle plate off and switch to a differnet plate to do the roll hem. Just pull the white roll hem lever to the R position on the needle plate and you are done.
Automatic and Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure
The New Singer 14T968DC is equipped with a very unique presser foot pressure system. When you set the pressure knob to N it sets the pressure for you but if you want to lighten the pressure when sewing very delicate fabrics one turn of the knob and you are in full control. The pressure adjustment is adjustable from 1 (light presser foot pressure for thin materials) to 5 ( heavy pressure for fuzzy or thicker hard to feed materials).
Tension Release System
The 14T968DC is just like you regular sewing machine. When you lift the presser foot the tension releases allowing the threads to pull through the tensions easily. This is a big plus when you are threading your machine. It insures that the thread is pulled into the tension so your stitches look their best.
Stitch Functions Include
* 2 Thread Roll Hem Stitch 1-needle, 2-thread stitch is used to finish edges of scarves, ruffles, table linens, etc. Great for sewing on baby items.
* 2 Thread Overedge Stitch Narrow 4 mm wide, 1-needle, 2-thread stitch is used for overedging common fabrics.
* 2 Thread Overedge Stitch Wide 6mm wide, 1-needle, 2-thread stitch is used for overedging medium weight fabrics.
* 2 Thread Pico Stitch 4mm or 6mm wide, 1-needle, 2-thread stitch is used with a longer stitch length to form a shelled style edge for a nice finish without a bulky stitch
* 2 Thread Flat Lock Stitch 1-needle, 2-thread stitch is ideal for butted or lapped seams and blind hemming. A 4 mm and 6 mm overedge seam width can be obtained by changing the needle position.
* 2 Thread Chain Stitch 1-needle, 2-thread straight stitch is used for construction or decorative stitching. Seams also can be sewn at desired distance from edge of fabric by disengaging the right looper and movable knife.
* 3 Thread Roll Hem Stitch 1-needle, 3-thread stitch is used to finish edges of scarves, ruffles, table linens, etc. where a heavier stitch feel is desired
* 3 Thread Pico Stitch 4mm or 6mm wide, 1-needle, 3-thread stitch is used with a longer stitch length to form a shelled style edge for a nice finish without a bulky stitch
* 3 Thread Narrow Overedge Stitch 4mm wide, 1-needle, 3-thread stitch is used for overedging and seaming on common fabrics and light weight stretch materials.
* 3 Thread Wide Overedge Stitch 6mm wide, 1-needle, 3-thread stitch is used for overedging and seaming on medium to heavy stretch materials.
* 3 Thread Elastic Stitch 6mm wide, 1-needle, 3-thread Ultra-Stretch stitch used to sew elastic to the material. Allows the elastic to stretch without the stitch breaking.
* 3 Thread Blindhem Stitch 1-needle, 3-thread stitch used to hem shirts or slacks when a finished edge is required.
* 4 Thread Mock Safety Stitch 2-needle, 4-thread stitch that is ideal for medium to heavyweight stretch fabrics such as double knits and swim wear.
* 4 Thread True Safety Stitch The 4-thread stitch is a safety stitch made up of combined 2-thread overedge and double chainstitch. Used to seam med to heavy weight non-stretch materials.
* 4 Thread Gathering Stitch 2-needle, 4-thread stitch that when used with the maximum differential feed setting and increased tension allows you to gather the material for sleeves, skirts, bed ruffles and more.
* 4 Thread Elastic Stitch 6mm wide, 1-needle, 3-thread Ultra-Stretch stitch used to sew elastic to med or heavy material. Allows the elastic to stretch without the stitch breaking
* 5 Thread Safety Stitch w/Wide Overedge The 5-thread stitch is a safety stitch made up of combined 3-thread overlock and double chainstitch. A wide seam is formed by using left needle. Overedge and seaming can be done in one operation on non-stretch fabrics.
* 5 Thread Safety Stitch w/Narrow Overedge The 5-thread stitch is a safety stitch made up of combined 3-thread overlock and double chainstitch. A narrow seam is formed by using right needle. Overedge and seaming can be done in one operation on non-stretch fabrics.
* 2 Thread Cover Stitch Narrow 2-needle, 3-thread cover stitch is suitable for hemming stretchy fabrics. A narrow seam is formed by using left and middle needles.
* 2 Thread Cover Stitch Wide 2-needle, 3-thread cover stitch is suitable for hemming stretchy fabrics. A wide seam is formed by using left and right needles. Ideal for adult tee-shirt hems and collors.
* 3 Thread Cover Stitch 3-needle, 4-thread cover stitch is suitable for hemming stretchy fabrics and decorative stitching.
* 3 Thread Elastic Cover Stitch 3-needle, 4-thread cover stitch used for inserting elastic into waist bands on shorts, sweat pants, and work out uniforms.
- Regular & Rollhem Foot
- Taping Foot
- Cording Foot
- Shirring Foot
- Blindstitch Hem Foot
- Elastic Foot
- Beading Foot
- Accessories Box for Tools
- Large Screw Driver to Remove Needle Plate for Cleaning
- Stationary Knife Replacement Blade
- Coverstitch Insert Table to be installed right of needle, when upper looper is disengaged.
- 5 Thread, Thread Stand Antenna fits in back of machine
- 5 Thread Unwinder Spool Caps for Regular Thread Spools
- 5 Anti-spill Nets for threads that "puddle" under spools
- Oiler for metal to metal moving parts
- Small Allen Screw Driver to insert needles
- Tweezers to thread needles and loopers
- 5 Needles Set
- Brush to clean out lint
- 5 Cone Adapters for cone threads
- Clean Pocket Waste Tray for fabric trimmings
- Machine Dust Cover
- Foot Controller Complete with wire and plug in
- Power Cord to wall outlet
- Instruction Manual Booklet
- 231 page DVD instructional workbook
- 25 Year Limited Warranty
We have several nice pictures of threading on the website at the link below:
There is also a excellent free workbook for the 14T967 available under this link: http://www.singerco.com/resources/operation_basics.html
I just recommended your company to a friend.
I have used your Company before and have been very satisfied with your services.
I was extremely pleased with the service. They matched a price I had found when looking for the serger. The shipping was unbelieveably fast. The whole experience made me decide to shop first with Allbrands. I'm really excited about my serger, unfortunately I am unable to unpack & use yet with work matters. I was just starting to look at the machine & could not believe the offer on it so just had to buy it now! I absolutly would recommend Allbrands.
Thank you for the free sewing machine! I was so surprised to receive it. I hope your prosperity is great in the coming years. Than again!!
I am so excited and grateful for the free machine. Thank you!
I received my Singer 5 thread serger in very good condition and very quickly. I really enjoyed watching my order go through your place all the way to my place. Everything that should be in the box was in the box. Thank you very much for such good service.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Organ HAx1 15x1 130R, Box of 100 CHROME Coated Sewing Machine Needles (+$19.99, You Save $10.00)
A&E Perma Core 12 Cylinder SpoolsX2000Yds Poly Wrap Sewing Thread 70wt (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)
Super Lock 12 x 3000Yd Cone Threads Kit Multiple Colors 40wt (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag, Sewing, Quilting, Embroidery & Serger Machines (+$29.99, You Save $20.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget 2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$169.99, You Save $30.00)
Arrow 2000 Alexander Henry Fabric Sewing Chair for Cabinets -Oak Wood (+$199.99, You Save $21.00)
Clauss 10721 8" Dressmaker Scissors Shears Bent Trimmers Made in ITALY (+$9.99, You Save $20.00)