The HYS-58 quickly generates its own steam using only tap water. A special filter resin prevents clogging. New Conex heat canopy deflects heat rise, keeping handle cool. Temperature control is accurate to 2 degrees. Safe for any fabric. Comes complete with water tank, filter resin, water hose and iron rest.
- Electric Micro-Switch Operation
- Water Bottle Feed
- Weight 4.18 lbs. 900W
- Complete with water bottle, filter resin - 1lb. Bag, cleaning kit, and iron rest
- New steam chamber for easy cleaning
- Liquid type sensor thermostat
- Urethane grip handle
- Heat Shield
- Light touch microswitch
- Tuffram sole coating
- One piece chamber & solepate
- US Warranty 90 Days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- Specially designed for use in garment factory, laundry and ry cleaners, apparel and alteration stores, boutiques, department stores, hotels, hospitals, etc.
- Easy, precise steam volume control with micro-switch operation
- Ergonomic design with contoured handle to fit your hand
- Wood handle is designed to fit the human hand and has natural insulation properties for operator comfort
- Gently beveled soleplate makes smooth, easy ironing with no marking or tracking
- Temperature control using a liquid sensor thermostat for percision and accuracy
- Flush temperature dial is flush with the surface of the rear plate for finger light temperature adjustments
- Heat shield improved non-woven Nomex material protects the hand from heat up to 280 degrees Celsius
- Excellent visibility with complete open end handle design allows the user to see the point of the iron at all times
- Iron safely without watering at lower temperatures and pressures (20 - 80 psi, 1.5 - 5.5 bar) allows you to iron under the best conditions to prevent fabric damage
- Extremely energy efficient
- New hard nickel coating means smoother ironing with less resistance, ironing surface cleans easily with just a cloth, and there's no Teflon non stick shoe required!
- Soleplate: Hard nickel
- Electrical: 110/220 V, 880 Watts
- Weight: 3.74 lbs to 5.5 lbs
- HYS58 Iron head is 4.8 pounds
Typical Instruction Book for Gravity Feed Irons from Asia
How to Use a Gravity Feed Iron
User Review, Initial Impressions, Gravity Feed Iron by A Little Sewing.com
What is a gravity feed steam iron? from Shelley Moore, eHow.com Contributor
steam generator versus gravity-feed iron - Sewing Forum - GardenWeb.com
steam generator or gravity-feed iron on PatternReview.com
Gravity Feed Irons by NancyKsews.com
Cool Tool: Gravity Feed Iron in ThreadsMagazine.com
We are extremely happy with the Naomoto HYS-58 Iron. It's a little heavier than other, less expensive irons, but it has a sleeker design, is better weighted so it doesn't tip back, and it has a more effective heat shield. The iron also comes with a couple small tools, and instructions on how to troubleshoot and fix minor problems. This iron is highly recommendable!