- Lower consumption of energy with higher output.
- Energy savings between 65-90% when compared to the clutch motor.
- Super high torque, up to 2.7NM, can drive heavy-duty industrial and commercial sewing machines.
- Motor stops immediately on pedal release with counter-clockwise break force.
- Less noise: 35 decibels, much quieter than a clutch motor!
- Less heat: less than 10 degrees centigrade means more comfortable working conditions.
- Less vibration: under .7mm/S2
- Adjustable for clockwise or counter-clockwise operation
- Automatic overload protection
Changing a Clutch Motor to a Servo Motor by Sewing Machines Australia. A variable speed servo motor delivers power savings, silent operation and precise control for your sewing machine. Often older machines with a clutch motor can receive a new lease of life by installing a servo motor. This video is a step by step guide to removing an existing clutch motor and then installing a new servo motor.
- US Warranty 90 Days labor on defects in materials and workmanship.
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
I used this motor to replace the 1/2 hp clutch motor that came with my Consew 206RBL-18 that I've had for the last four years. I do mostly marine/outdoor work sewing multiple layers of Sunbrella and I had a love/hate relationship with the machine...loved what it did but had a hard time controlling it, particularly at the beginning of a seam. Worst was going in reverse - didn't have a hand for the flywheel. Finally figured out I wasn't getting any better with practice and decided to try a servo motor. Allbrands was great - had the motor a little more than a week after I ordered it. Took me about an hour to replace the heavy, noisy clutch motor with this silent, light servo motor. I can't believe the difference...it's like getting a new machine. I can't see that I gave up much in sewing thickness and I have control of the machine again. Wish I'd done this a year or two ago!
Frank, Toronto, Canada
Very good motor for this price point. No frills, the speed adjustment is a simple rotary knob, no fancy keypad with display. Weighs a fraction of an equivalent clutch motor so it's easy to install. Very silent, the power comes instantly when you need it. Lots of plastic, compared to traditional clutch motors, but so far everything holds together after 1 year of almost daily usage. Comes with the switch and cables, which is nice. If you upgrade from a clutch motor this one will stand closer to the table, so you will need a shorter belt (about 2-inch shorter from my experience, but your setup may vary).