You asked us for a white cotton batting that was just like Warm & Natural. Well, we were listening! Whitened cotton fibers are processed through the same needlepunch technology as Warm & Natural.
Now you can stop dreaming of what you would do with a white Warm & Natural and get to work. Break out all of those light colored fabrics! Your batting won't peek through your delicate whites or beautiful pastel hues.
Warm & White also brings frosty snowmen, radiant angels and gleaming polar bears to life. A whole new world of color has opened simply because we took the color out of Warm & Natural.
The adventure is just beginning. Whether you want a brilliant snowy outside or an inside that will not peek through, Warm & White will deliver.
As you would expect, Warm & White shares the same characteristics that you love about Warm & Natural:
- Will not separate or bunch
- Contains no glue or resins
- Quilt or tie up to 10" apart
- Will not beard
- Fabric naturally clings to batting
- Gives an antique look
- Keeps its shape wash after wash
- Ideal for any creative project
The needling process holds the fibers together without glue or resins. The evenly layered fibers stay in place inside your quilt even with generations of washings.
Warm & White is available in 34", 45", 90", and 124" widths by the yard. It is also available in the following cut sizes:
King Size 124" x 120"
Queen Size 90" x 108"
Full Size 90" x 96"
Twin Size 72" x 90"
Baby Size 45" x 60"
Craft Size 34" x 45"
The soft, natural cotton goes through a gentle mechanical cleaning to pick out cotton plant and seed remnants. The tiny plant particles that remain lend a special look to crafts when used as an exterior fabric and will not damage your fabric when used in your quilt. Shrinkage will be about 3% with your first washing. Many quilters prefer not to pre-wash to achieve the unique effect created by the slight shrinkage of the batting when the completed quilt is washed. Please follow these directions if you wish to pre-wash your batt:
- Hand wash in a basin or tub with a mild detergent. Do not agitate or spin in your washing machine.
- Soak for 20 minutes, then rinse several times.
- Squeeze water out. Rolling in a towel will help to remove excess water.
- Dry in a cool or warm dryer or allow to dry flat.
- Once quilted Warm & White cotton batting can be machine washed again and again without fear of separation or bunching.