- 3 Thread Overlock for single layers
- 4 Thread Seams for two layers
- 2-Thread Adaptor Optional for fine roll hems
- Easiest Built-In Rolled Hem slide lever on needle plate
- No need to change needle plate for roll hem set up
- Differential Feed to Gather or Straighten Fabrics
- Disengageable Knife Cutter Mechanism
- Most Reliable Serger Brand on the Market
- Like Bernina 700D also make by Juki
Juki Home Serger Comparison Chart
Juki 644D Instruction Manual(.PDF)
- US Warranty 5 Years Mechanical, 2 Years Electrical, 90 Days Adjustments on defects in material or workmanship.
- Extended US Warranty: Extended Warranty Available
- Non-US Warranty: 30 days parts and labor
- 2 Needle
- 3 and 4 Thread overlock sewing machine
- Built-in rolled-hemming
- Differential feed
- Sewing speed 1,500 spm
- Needle sizes 11 to 14
- Stitch length 1 - 4 mm
- Universal presser foot tape, ribbon, narrow elastic application
- Presser foot lift 5 mm
- Dimensions 270 mm (w) x 295 mm (h) x 340 mm (d)
- Unit weight 15 lbs
- Shipping weight 18 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions 14.5" x 19" x 17.75"
- UL Listed
Juki MO644D. Expand your range of design and technique with the easy to operate, durable and dependable MO-644D.
- Accessory pack with tools
- Parts list
- Warranty Card
- Instruction Manual
- Foot Control, Cords and Plug Ins
Both Juki models feature 2-needle, built-in rolled hem, however, the 644D model has differential feed.
Which is the best type of serger to buy?
It all depends on how you would use a serger.
If you would only overcast single layers to keep them from raveling, a 3 thread serger would do like Juki MO623: http://www.sewingmachinestore.com/products/abp02533.html
If you seam knits, a 4 thread mock safety stitch is best Like Juki 654DE:
If you seam wovens, the best stitch is a 5 thread safety stitch like Juki 655:
Most all sergers do roll hems and differential feed, so the difference is how many threads you might use.
Some sergers even have the coverhem stitch with 2 or 3 straight stitches on top and a serger stitch on bottom. Juki has the best of all in the new MO735.
I've been using the serger since I got it and couldn't be happier with it. It sews great. I called my order in instead of ordering online, and the sales rep was very nice. I'd like to add that I REALLY appreciate the free shipping, and it didn't take too long to get here either. All in all, a happy shopping experience. I'll definitely be keeping you in mind if/when I have to make another purchase for something you sell.
Email representative was quick to respond and answered my questions, item arrived quickly. I'm stoked! Thankyou!
Wow!! what can I say, it was so easy to order, and I was notified as soon as it was sent and my sewing machine came to me all so effortlessly. I was a little concerned at first as we all are when ordering online, but you truly delivered what you stated. You company is great. I will order and come to you first for now on. Thank you so much.
Consatance, New Hampshire
I love my Juki and I am looking forward to learning all the new features soon.
Shaakir and NurMaria,
I think Juki has the best serger. They are so easy to use. I bought a video and the first time I have threaded it, I got it right by following the easy-to-understand video. I recommend their machines to anyone!
Anonymous, Scarborough, Ontario
Juki lock home sergers are easy to use and are known for their high quality sewing performance.
Bundle & Save
Get additional savings when you purchase any of these items along with this product.
Organ 15x1ST HAx1ST 100pk Chrome Embroidery Machine Needles Retail Store (+$29.99, You Save $10.00)
SuperLock 12x3000Yd Cones Multi Use Poly 40wt Thread Kit Assorted Colors (+$29.99, You Save $30.00)
SA8501 Purple Tote Bag 17x13x12" for Sew, Quilt, Emb, Serger Machines* (+$29.99, You Save $20.00)
Arrow 98611 Gidget2 Folding Legs Sewing Machine Table 40x20x28" High (+$169.99, You Save $30.00)
Acme 13669 4.5" Thread Scissors Trimmers, Ball Bearing, Spring Loaded (+$4.99, You Save $15.00)