- Whether quilting on a domestic machine or a longarm machine making reference line will end in a much better result
- When using rotating templates, reference lines will give much more accurate spacing.
- On a domestic machine the quilt is not taught as on a longarm machine and there is movement of the quilt sandwich which can make it difficult to use the rotating lines on the templates.
- We like using our Cross Hair Ruler to locate the center and mark 4, 8, 16 and 32 lines if required.
1) Place stable tape on the underside of your template at locations that would be pressure points when holding the template in place while sewing
2) Determine the desired placement of your template design within the block
3) Place the template at the beginning point of your desired design – make note of the markings on the template that you are using to create a consistent design
a. Make sure that your needle is in the middle of the foot to insure that you are sewing ¼ inch off the template edge
b. Place the ruler foot snugly against the template and pull your bobbin thread to the top
c. Begin sewing keeping the ruler foot touching the template, and tracing around the outside edge of the template
d. Once you are at the end of the template leave the needle down and move the template, line back up on the markings you selected and repeat this pattern until the end of the design, or the end of the block
4) You may also use the dashed etched markings on the template to echo and / or offset your design (see A) by lining up the template on the stitch line you just made then use the selected etching on the template to create the echo or offset design.
You are one the best place for fulfilling my addiction. I am hooked on the Westalee templates, and you have the best prices and selection around. Thanks
Deborah M, Scappoose OR
I think you are one of the best companies for sewing enthusiasts. Your prices are good, but the real kicker is free shipping on a lot of items! That's always a plus and the reason I check your prices first when I am shopping. I was absolutely thrilled with my latest purchase. It was all packed in one box. Now, to find the time to sit down and really get busy with some fancy quilting! Thanks, Allbrands!
Sharon A, Statesboro GA
Excellent service and speedy delivery. Recommended this site to many of my quilting friends. Thank you
Erik S, Buda TX
Your company carries items I can't find anywhere else. Thank You!!! Speed of shipping is amazing!
Laura Z, Elmira NY
I was extremely impressed with the manner in which the items were packed. Taping each item inside the box insured that they would arrive without damage. Thank you for doing that.