We are now shipping the updated Grabbit® myPad™. This handy organizer for slightly used sewing machine needles is updated with more needle types and sizes. Organize slightly used needles by needle type and size. Updates include:
- Coordination of needle types with the SCHMETZ color chart. For example, the SCHMETZ color code for an embroidery needle is red. Note the red
- Embroidery color block on the myPad™.
- All needle sizes are now represented for each needle type.
- Cleaner design, easier to read, and use.
- `Flower head pin included to identify the needle currently used in the sewing machine
The Grabbit MyPad measures 6-3/4″ square and 1/4″ thick. It’s made of super dense felt and when the needle goes into the pad on an angle, the tip will not come out on the other side.
The large colorful boxes on the MyPad designate the type of needle: Universal, Ballpoint, Stretch, etc. The smaller turquoise boxes with numbers indicate the needle size.
A flower head pin comes with the Grabbit MyPad Needle Organizer. Insert a brand new needle into your machine. Place the flower head pin in the corresponding spot on the MyPad, i.e. Universal (type of needle) 80/12 (size of needle).
Needle size can be confusing but in actuality is pretty simple. The first number is the metric (80) and the second is the US (12). The larger the number the larger the needle. If the needle is 100/16, that will be larger than 80/12. The opposite is true with thread. Thread is given a weight; 40 weight, 50 weight, etc. The larger the number the thinner the thread. Keep this in mind next time when choosing needles and thread.