Has a medium sharp point. Available in sizes 70, 80 or 90 ,with 100 needles per box.
- Universal needles are "vert light ball point" and can sew most wovens or knits.
- Larger sizes for heavier fabrics, smaller sizes for lighter weight fabrics.
- Size 90/14 is the best size for general sewing or serging.
- Use Jersey or Stretch ball point needles for delicate knits
- Use Jeans/Denim sharp point needles for dense woven fabrics
Needle Selection Guide
Needle Comparison Chart
Schmetz Needle Guide Sew Schmetz
Schmetz Needle Guide
Schmetz Product Information, The Domestic Sewing Machine Needle
Schmetz All About Needles, Household, Industrial, Overlock
Schmetz Needle Display Module in Stores
Needles - What the Home Sewer Needs to Know by Web of Thread
SCHMETZ Needles - Change the Needle. Rhonda Pierce, Marketing Director and Sewing Educator for SCHMETZneedles.com discusses SCHMETZ Household Needles and how often the needle should be changed. She also discusses why the needle should be changed.
Schmetz S-1723 Universal Twin sz2.5/80 10pk
Schmetz 130-G5-110 5-Pack Universal Sewing Machine Needles Size 110/18
Schmetz 130-G5-120 5-Pack Universal Sewing Machine Needles Size 120/19